ADVERTISEMENT

Malachi Coleman - 21.31 200m

Harder for a lankier guy to effectively run the curve. With the height and long stride his best race could easily be the 400 with proper race specific training.
Totally agree. That frame and stride would be killer in the last 100 of a 400. Be fun to see. You gotta think he could probably go sub 50 right now just based of his other times

Do you think her Dad and ES will finally settle on terms and go forward with the fight? I’m hoping…I’m seeing rumors that BC will ask for more $$ and try to duck this…I hope not.
I never saw Crawford as a dude to try and duck an opponent. But I can see him asking for more $$. Why the hell not considering some of the other payouts that have been going on lately.

This is literally D1 track speed. Any time these kids post times like this I always run them by my fiance' (former sprinter and D1 sprint coach). This time would earn him a full ride at most D1 colleges. I seem to remember some folks wondering if this kid had true elite level straight line speed....pretty sure he just killed that question lol.

Totally agree. That frame and stride would be killer in the last 100 of a 400. Be fun to see. You gotta think he could probably go sub 50 right now just based of his other times
Conditioning to run the last 150M of the race could get him to sub-49, possibly even lower.

Reactions: Power_I_82
This is literally D1 track speed. Any time these kids post times like this I always run them by my fiance' (former sprinter and D1 sprint coach). This time would earn him a full ride at most D1 colleges. I seem to remember some folks wondering if this kid had true elite level straight line speed....pretty sure he just killed that question lol.
The 10.46 100M would put Coleman 18th on the B1G conference list for the 100M. And I assume that Malachi's start technique is just developing. So yea, he's got plenty of speed.

Reactions: baseball31ne
21.31 for first. 21.32 was second.

He ran a very fast 100, 10.46 to take 2nd. 10.43 won the race. He was run down at the wire, so he can get out of the blocks for a tall guy. 10.50 was third. Heck, seven runners finished in under 11.00 yesterday. Fast group at District.
The kid who ran 10.50 was Vince Genatone - signed to play LB for Montana. Also a 2x state wrestling champion, so clearly heck of an athlete. Hope we didn't miss out there - I think McBride would have been chomping at the bit for a NE kid with that speed/athletiscm at the LB position in his attacking 4-3 scheme. Sorry to drift on the thread.

The kid who ran 10.50 was Vince Genatone - signed to play LB for Montana. Also a 2x state wrestling champion, so clearly heck of an athlete. Hope we didn't miss out there - I think McBride would have been chomping at the bit for a NE kid with that speed/athletiscm at the LB position in his attacking 4-3 scheme. Sorry to drift on the thread.
We'll pick him up from the portal if needed

We'll pick him up from the portal if needed
Heh he's not a native Nebraskan, from Wyoming originally I believe...if I remember right, he moved to Nebraska specifically to get a look from Nebraska (and other P5 schools). Seems like a no-brainer, those football-wrestling combo guys are beasts for the most part.

I never saw Crawford as a dude to try and duck an opponent. But I can see him asking for more $$. Why the hell not considering some of the other payouts that have been going on lately.
Truth, but is the $$ there for a BC vs. ES fight? The purists like myself know this is an all timer type of fight. However, both guys don't put their full energy into promotions like Floyd, Canelo, and Pacquiao did. I don't see BC getting the type of $$ he deserves for this fight. Either will Errol. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT