ADVERTISEMENT

LSU. Les Miles

As a hard core Husker fan I would be pissed if Nebraska had to vacate 37 games regardless of any time frame..
They dont like it, but the actual impact on them going forward is nil. Try not to do it again.

Wasn't there a a program who just declared themselves national champs and even illegally bought all their players championship rings?

Anyone remember back in the mid 70's when Ou was caught in a cheating scandal and had to vacate fake victories over Nebraska that includeded winning conference championships. The ncaa and conference made them turn over their ill gotten trophy to the rightful owner(NU). In a big ceremony, we took it and put it on a place of prominence down at the athletic offices. BARRY Layne Switzer was eternally mortifide and shamed. So much so he bought an entirely new group of players.

Reactions: king_kong_
Disagree. 95% of people could give two shits less about vacating wins from 8 years ago. It just really doesn't matter that much. Doesn't affect day to day operations of the football team right now, doesn't affect recruiting, just doesn't matter on anything but paper. They took Reggie Bush's Heisman but he was still the best damn football player in the country that year and you won't convince me otherwise. This is basically a slap on the wrist just to try and show them who is still the boss.
As a hard core Husker fan I would be pissed if Nebraska had to vacate 37 games regardless of any time frame..
That's cool. As I stated 5% would care. I'll put you in that category. I for one, while also being a hardcore Cornhusker fan, could care less if the NCAA took away all of our wins from the last 7 years. We still won the games on the field and I enjoyed watching the wins. Take away wins from the '95 Huskers, I still know we whupped everybody's ass. I just really don't think people care that much. Go poll Tigers fans at the CWS. I'd be willing to bet very few of them care. They know they won the games and its in the past. I'd guess they are way more focused on what LSU will do this fall than what Lester the Molester did 8 years ago.

There's one problem with that. The B1G might have put the first nail in the PAC 12's coffin by taking USC and UCLA.
again - less competition is a feature, not a bug for the B1G

it really is too bad there isn't a way to opt out of March Madness & have the media vote for basketball "champions". this would also represent our beloved conference's best chance to hang a banner.

**this post is based entirely on factual history**

That's cool. As I stated 5% would care. I'll put you in that category. I for one, while also being a hardcore Cornhusker fan, could care less if the NCAA took away all of our wins from the last 7 years. We still won the games on the field and I enjoyed watching the wins. Take away wins from the '95 Huskers, I still know we whupped everybody's ass. I just really don't think people care that much. Go poll Tigers fans at the CWS. I'd be willing to bet very few of them care. They know they won the games and its in the past. I'd guess they are way more focused on what LSU will do this fall than what Lester the Molester did 8 years ago.
"Molester" is reserved for actual perps, which reside overwhelmingly in our conference

many believe Nebraska's values align us more closely with the molesters rather than the "cheaters"/winners (see: post #4 in this thread's author and those who agree)

I find this to be odd

They were contractually bound to play the PAC 12 champion. I'm sure they would have much rather played Nebraska for the title that year.
All I know is that the college football world was robbed in not seeing the Huskers vs Wolverines play that year.

I hated the B1G back then and their tie in to The Rose Bowl.

Warp to today and I mostly love being in the B1G. 🙃

All I know is that the college football world was robbed in not seeing the Huskers vs Wolverines play that year.

I hated the B1G back then and their tie in to The Rose Bowl.

Warp to today and I mostly love being in the B1G. 🙃
can you list the non-money reasons you love the B1G?

genuinely curious

This is a prime example of why we couldn't join the SEC. We won't do this garden variety SEC cheating.

And that foundation guy stealing cancer patient gift cards? Yikes.
yep. you've made your position clear that you'd rather align with sexual deviant losers than pay for play winners.

as odd a stance as has ever been publicly shared, much less boasted about proudly as if one is morally superior to the other.

yep. you've made your position clear that you'd rather align with sexual deviant losers than pay for play winners.

as odd a stance as has ever been publicly shared, much less boasted about proudly as if one is morally superior to the other.
The level of cheating and rule breaking in the SEC is something we haven't shown a desire or capability to do. That irritates you but it's true. SEC is next level cheating and rule breaking. We couldn't even get by hiring a special teams analyst to conduct secret unapproved practices.

OU is perfect for the SEC. We aren’t. You may as well find an SEC team to root for if you hate the Big 10 that much because it almost seems to be consuming you with hatred.

We have to play teams like Michigan and Ohio State now. I'm not sure how that's any easier?
it's proven to be infinitely lamer.

we are their friends. they love us.

friendship in football ends in the locker room. college football was built on hate.

Disagree. 95% of people could give two shits less about vacating wins from 8 years ago. It just really doesn't matter that much. Doesn't affect day to day operations of the football team right now, doesn't affect recruiting, just doesn't matter on anything but paper. They took Reggie Bush's Heisman but he was still the best damn football player in the country that year and you won't convince me otherwise. This is basically a slap on the wrist just to try and show them who is still the boss.
Actually, I don't disagree with what you say. My point is that the schools and coaches DO care about vacation in response to someone who stated that "nobody" does. Agreed, fans don't. When institutions have to pack up trophies and return them to the NCAA, and take down Final Four banners, they damn well do care.
And BTW, the NCAA had nothing to do with Bush's Heisman. The Heisman Trust rescinded that.

Reactions: Power_I_82
The level of cheating and rule breaking in the SEC is something we haven't shown a desire or capability to do. That irritates you but it's true. SEC is next level cheating and rule breaking. We couldn't even get by hiring a special teams analyst to conduct secret unapproved practices.

OU is perfect for the SEC. We aren’t. You may as well find an SEC team to root for if you hate the Big 10 that much because it almost seems to be consuming you with hatred.
see my post above

without hate, college football is dead

I am one of the few who actually puts values, principals and truth above media money

you all seem to enjoy the weekly kumbaya circles with our new B1G friends. despicable

I am embarrassed to share Nebraska fandom with anyone who likes the B1G. I consider you to be something less.

it's proven to be infinitely lamer.

we are their friends. they love us.

friendship in football ends in the locker room. college football was built on hate.
They only love us because they have been winning. If we start beating them, I'm sure that will probably change.

They only love us because they have been winning. If we start beating them, I'm sure that will probably change.
hasn't changed for pennst, won't change for us

I suppose you will never understand the fact the B1G, and michigan especially, don't care about winning. it's a country club & we're a junior member.

every michigan fan on the planet would be happy going 1-11 and beating ohiost. that will never change.

see my post above

without hate, college football is dead

I am one of the few who actually puts values, principals and truth above media money

you all seem to enjoy the weekly kumbaya circles with our new B1G friends. despicable
You do seem to be an expert on hatred.

But it doesn't change the fact that you will be bitching until the end of time about something that won't change. We aren't joining the SEC. So why keep obsessing about it and getting angrier about it?

You do seem to be an expert on hatred.

But it doesn't change the fact that you will be bitching until the end of time about something that won't change. We aren't joining the SEC. So why keep obsessing about it and getting angrier about it?
it's a matter of principal

a concept that is clearly foreign to you

hasn't changed for pennst, won't change for us

I suppose you will never understand the fact the B1G, and michigan especially, don't care about winning. it's a country club & we're a junior member.

every michigan fan on the planet would be happy going 1-11 and beating ohiost. that will never change.
If the Big 12 was such a great conference then why have most of the original teams in the Big 12 decided to leave? Apparently the Big 12 isn't as great as you seem to remember.

it's a matter of principal

a concept that is clearly foreign to you
I think I solved your problem. Instead of bringing back former players to give locker room speeches they could bring you in and you could babble on for hours about how much you hate the Big 10. Kind of like you do here.

Broadcast it on the big screens. The players will be like caged animals waiting to get out. The fans will probably storm the visiting section and start ripping visiting fans apart. After that happens everyone will hate us. Problem solved.

Reactions: wkato
I think I solved your problem. Instead of bringing back former players to give locker room speeches they could bring you in and you could babble on for hours about how much you hate the Big 10. Kind of like you do here.

Broadcast it on the big screens. The players will be like caged animals waiting to get out. The fans will probably storm the visiting section and start ripping visiting fans apart. After that happens everyone will hate us. Problem solved.
is this all the wit you possess?

unfunny, nonsensical.

color me shocked.

If the Big 12 was such a great conference then why have most of the original teams in the Big 12 decided to leave? Apparently the Big 12 isn't as great as you seem to remember.
don't change the subject. I didn't mention the Big 12 once.

one day you'll accept the reality of our current beloved conference & the lot we occupy within it.

it appears today is not that day.

don't change the subject. I didn't mention the Big 12 once.

one day you'll accept the reality of our current beloved conference & the lot we occupy within it.

it appears today is not that day.
Well where else would we be if we weren't in the B1G? The fact is, most of our old rivals have left the Big 12, the only thing left is to accept the fact we are in the B1G and make the most out of it.

A man of principal who openly called for a college student to kill himself over a football game? Is that what I read a while back?
not at all what happened.

thanks for trying to defame my character instead of actually being clever.

Well where else would we be if we weren't in the B1G? The fact is, most of our old rivals have left the Big 12, the only thing left is to accept the fact we are in the B1G and make the most out of it.
the correct way to do this is to hate/mock everything about it while winning on the field/court

instead, many opt to now unfathomably root for the conference on the whole while accepting L after L

Reactions: moralvictories
not at all what happened.

thanks for trying to defame my character instead of actually being clever.
I seem to remember you saying you got caught up in the moment or something to that effect. So what happened? You better set me straight. I know you can look it up. You're definitely that guy that would have saved it.

I seem to remember you saying you got caught up in the moment or something to that effect. So what happened? You better set me straight. I know you can look it up. You're definitely that guy that would have saved it.
I posted a GIF of a kermit the frog stuffed animal after a 4th INT that was against board policy.

I owned it then & own it now. it was uncouth.

attempting to shift focus away from your utter dearth of wit is certainly a strategy, I'll give you that.

I posted a GIF of a kermit the frog stuffed animal after a 4th INT that was against board policy.

I owned it then & own it now. it was uncouth.

attempting to shift focus away from your utter dearth of wit is certainly a strategy, I'll give you that.
Im not shifting focus from anything. Just making sure you're the man of principal you claim to be.

Im not shifting focus from anything. Just making sure you're the man of principal you claim to be.
and?

I made a mistake & own it. principal =/= perfect.

now, about your abhorrent attempt at humor. care to explain? best you can do?

"Molester" is reserved for actual perps, which reside overwhelmingly in our conference

many believe Nebraska's values align us more closely with the molesters rather than the "cheaters"/winners (see: post #4 in this thread's author and those who agree)

I find this to be odd
Your babbling in this thread has proved you to be a douchebag. Us being in a conference with Penn St. and Mich. St does nothing to align us with molesters. Slide over to ON3 would you.

Your babbling in this thread has proved you to be a douchebag. Us being in a conference with Penn St. and Mich. St does nothing to align us with molesters. Slide over to ON3 would you.
Proven*

And who you choose to surround yourself with says quite a lot about you, in everyone’s opinion

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT