ADVERTISEMENT

LSU. Les Miles

Reactions: scarletred
LSU has 833 wins.. 37 forfeited gives them 796 but still have the 12 most wins Auburn is 13th with 793..

"LSU has vacated all of its football wins from 2012-2015"

Justice, or whatever you call this, sure moves slow.

Reactions: king_kong_
I have said it a million times...the only punishment that would matter is taking away home games.

Now, cheating is really not a thing anymore because of NIL but back in the day, if you cheated (I have no problem with paying players, even back before NIL) and got caught, you lose home games.

Reactions: Huskers123456
I doubt, LSU itself acknowledges anything vacated. NCAA is so dumb.
No, this post is dumb and shows your lack of knowledge. Going forward, LSU is required to acknowledge the vacations in all media guides, publications, etc. and to list Miles' and the team's record to reflect them. If you don't think this is meaningful, consider the egos of coaches and how hard they fight violation allegations that could result in vacation. While it may seem on the surface to be meaningless, schools and coaches hate vacation penalties.

• Haha
Yes. Then they have to vacate their 1997 championship.
That’s not a championship, it’s a gift from the media, comprised mostly of haughty B1G grad dorks

Think Mike Wilbon

This reality still exists, btw, and is why I believe the B1G should opt out of the playoff and play in the rose bowl again. It’s the league’s only hope of “winning”

No, this post is dumb and shows your lack of knowledge. Going forward, LSU is required to acknowledge the vacations in all media guides, publications, etc. and to list Miles' and the team's record to reflect them. If you don't think this is meaningful, consider the egos of coaches and how hard they fight violation allegations that could result in vacation. While it may seem on the surface to be meaningless, schools and coaches hate vacation penalties.
Disagree. 95% of people could give two shits less about vacating wins from 8 years ago. It just really doesn't matter that much. Doesn't affect day to day operations of the football team right now, doesn't affect recruiting, just doesn't matter on anything but paper. They took Reggie Bush's Heisman but he was still the best damn football player in the country that year and you won't convince me otherwise. This is basically a slap on the wrist just to try and show them who is still the boss.

That’s not a championship, it’s a gift from the media, comprised mostly of haughty B1G grad dorks

Think Mike Wilbon

This reality still exists, btw, and is why I believe the B1G should opt out of the playoff and play in the rose bowl again. It’s the league’s only hope of “winning”
The Sagarin system had Michigan vs NU line set at NU -6.79

That would have been a gift to see NU -6.5. Husker fans would have got rich off that. NU wins that game with ease.

The Sagarin system had Michigan vs NU line set at NU -6.79

That would have been a gift to see NU -6.5. Husker fans would have got rich off that. NU wins that game with ease.
of course

now that we're in the B1G, we should all be rooting for the important games to never be played so we can pretend to "win" like michigan

it's the best thing for our beloved conference

if only there was a version of the rose bowl for college hoops :(

Disagree. 95% of people could give two shits less about vacating wins from 8 years ago. It just really doesn't matter that much. Doesn't affect day to day operations of the football team right now, doesn't affect recruiting, just doesn't matter on anything but paper. They took Reggie Bush's Heisman but he was still the best damn football player in the country that year and you won't convince me otherwise. This is basically a slap on the wrist just to try and show them who is still the boss.
As a hard core Husker fan I would be pissed if Nebraska had to vacate 37 games regardless of any time frame..

Reactions: huntered

Think Mike Wilbon

The problem was, there wasn't a true championship game in place at the time.

They were contractually bound to play the PAC 12 champion. I'm sure they would have much rather played Nebraska for the title that year.
based on the entire history of the B1G when faced with such a decision, I would have to beg to differ

the league has literally never opted for competition when given the choice

they were proud to duck the system in place in favor of their own, and remain proud of the way things worked out to this very day

of course

now that we're in the B1G, we should all be rooting for the important games to never be played so we can pretend to "win" like michigan

it's the best thing for our beloved conference

if only there was a version of the rose bowl for college hoops :(
Does Michigan even score 20 points vs that NU team?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT