ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Job

The only thing Purdue has is its conference. Louisville is a superior program.
Oh, is that all? It’s like 20+ million more in conf payout annually right now, soon to be more. He was already making double what the last Louisville coach was making, they must be stepping up to the plate.

Cut and run. The B1G West would seem to be getting tougher now with coaching upgrades. Purdue isn't going to improve any.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I don't see Purdue getting a better coach than JB initially, maybe an up and comer who becomes better, but if that happens, better jobs will come calling to swipe them away.
Purdue could easily pay 8 mil to keep a coach. And give them everything they want. Brohm didn't leave because of money, clearly

Reactions: mgbreis
Purdue could easily pay 8 mil to keep a coach. And give them everything they want. Brohm didn't leave because of money, clearly
just for curiosity , Nebraska fans had a short list of head coaches we wanted but were unlikely and getable coaches. Who is on Purdue 's short list?

just for curiosity , Nebraska fans had a short list of head coaches we wanted but were unlikely and getable coaches. Who is on Purdue 's short list?
Great question. I don't think any reporters have a list that is accurate, it is just names. I'd say the obvious ones, leonard, Calhoun, BOB, sumlin has been pitched. There is a guy in Washington I really like and I think he'd keep Hagen around. But he hasn't been a HC yet, so risky hire for sure. Both he and hagen know how to recruit at a high level.

Oh, I should add Tyson Helton. Be a crime not to.

There's an unwritten rule in coaching that says coaches should move on to the next job before they stay in their current job too long. Brohm had to have heard some whispers doubting him early in the season when Purdue got off to a slow start. I think it's a perfect time for him to make a move.
And some coaches flirt with their Alma mater behind the scenes the entire time they are at a job. Purdue had to be frustrated that brohm consistently did that because it was home and for no other reason. This is a shock to no one. Was supposed to happen last year, which instead got the UL AD to quit and the prez run out.

Reactions: Dean Pope
This is literally the longest anyone, other than the 40 Purdue fans, have ever talked or cared about a PU coaching search.
Previous AD killed football and womens basketball, hampered mens basketball. New AD has elevated the entire athletic department. It's fun again. Haha

Previous AD killed football and womens basketball, hampered mens basketball. New AD has elevated the entire athletic department. It's fun again. Haha
Once upon on a time I got accepted to the PhD program at Purdue in Ag Engineering. I went a different way, but it seemed like a nice place to me. Purdue would need the admin/AD and everyone else to get behind larger packages for assistants and an HC and make it a priority if that is what they wanted. Do they want that or just a staff that won't embarrass the school? It is getting more and more expensive.

Once upon on a time I got accepted to the PhD program at Purdue in Ag Engineering. I went a different way, but it seemed like a nice place to me. Purdue would need the admin/AD and everyone else to get behind larger packages for assistants and an HC and make it a priority if that is what they wanted. Do they want that or just a staff that won't embarrass the school? It is getting more and more expensive.
Current AD wants to win big. Mitch Daniel's completely supported that. New president worked under Daniel's and it sounds like he is going to let the AD run how it wants until it gives him a black eye, so basically, win with no scandals and it's fine. It has really changed over the past 8 years. A ton. It isn't close to what it was, whereas, previous administration gave no craps about sports and Cordova actively took money from the athletic department.

Reactions: dand84
If Purdue is smart, it won't go after his brother Leonsoft...
2013-Bowman-Mini-Leon-Sandcastle-163x300.jpg

What's wrong with it? What's his reasoning? Since he hasn't played since 2013, I'm guessing his opinion is outdated. Or he hasn't paid attention to the 200 mil that has and is going into football and the 2.2 billion going into campus.
Jeremiah is wrong. I lived in Indiana for over 20 years and was up at West Lafayette a lot. It's a really nice place and a terrific campus

The stadium is nice, looks like a HS stadium but it is really nice.

The pregame stuff at the bars and tailgating is a blast.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT