ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Beirut got nuked this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of other videos of this around. Incredible explosion.

Um, it's one of the top stories on CNN.com, msnbc.com, https://apnews.com, wsj.com, and foxnews.com. If someone is trying to "scrub" it, they are doing a lousy job.

My brother and I were watching the search engines between 11 and 11:25. It started with probably 2 dozen news outlets and shrank down to 2, then every couple of minutes a new one would go up but would disappear within 30-60 seconds. It was pretty crazy to watch. Now its all over.

My brother and I were watching the search engines between 11 and 11:25. It started with probably 2 dozen news outlets and shrank down to 2, then every couple of minutes a new one would go up but would disappear within 30-60 seconds. It was pretty crazy to watch. Now its all over.
So who's taking them down

So who's taking them down
He was watching Google and I was on duck duck go. The search engines were taking them off their searches. No idea why. Do a search and see if you can find the one I linked to in the OP. It wasnt the first, but it was one of the first couple dozen that were there to begin with.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Probable Chemical boom. Very similar to the Tianjin explosion... red smoke a strong indicator..

Heard their local government claimed it was caused by materials confiscated at the port. Hmmm.

I love how fast terrorism is ruled out. That was not just a fireworks explosion

I saw a video on youtube with some guy on the street in New York asking people what they thought of the "incident": Some lady got mad and shouted at him, "I'm tired of you Nazi's pushing Israel's propaganda."

Those are the moments when I know life is worth living.

Actually has been reported by what I thought it was all along.

Either incredibly large batches of flash powder which no one should be stupid enough to mix large batches and let it sit even uncontained it is dangerous. I thought either that or more likely is about 3 tons of Ammonium Nitrate which is what lots of reports are stating. My least likely thought was similar to the Oklahoma City Bombing with large batches of fertilizer (other then that of Ammonium Nitrate).

So what were the firework looking thing going off before the big blast?

I saw a video on youtube with some guy on the street in New York asking people what they thought of the "incident": Some lady got mad and shouted at him, "I'm tired of you Nazi's pushing Israel's propaganda."

Those are the moments when I know life is worth living.
That is hilarious. And something 98% of the American population won’t understand...

Reactions: JoelBittner
Prime Minister Hassan Diab said that 2,750 metric tons of ammonium nitrate. For comparison McVay used 2.4 tons.
Equivalent of 6.5k tons of TNT. Makes it the largest non-nuclear man-made explosion in history. Larger than our tactical nukes at lower settings.

Wonder what the residual illnesses will be in the coming years? I'm guessing not good. And not a good health care system able to cope either.

Equivalent of 6.5k tons of TNT. Makes it the largest non-nuclear man-made explosion in history. Larger than our tactical nukes at lower settings.

So 6.5 tons of TNT would equate to an explosion that would be measured at 6.5 Kilotons.

1,000 tons of TNT is equal to 1 Kiloton

6,500 tons of TNT is equal to 6.5 Kiloton

Pretty interesting read here.

https://dc.medill.northwestern.edu/...nuclear-weapon/#sthash.oFbyTcHm.Nwq35qfg.dpbs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapon_yield

(if anyone is interested in how this explosion stacks up to the rest, see above link)

For reference:

- Little Boy = 13-18 KT TNT (Kiloton of TNT)

- Fat Man = 19-23 KT TNT (Kiloton of TNT)

- Castle BRAVO (most explosive test the US ever did, but never deployed) = 15,000 KT of TNT

- Tsar Bomba (USSR/Russain Testing) = 50,000 KT of TNT

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBeav815
Its being scrubbed from the net. There were dozens of cites reporting it with the video 20 minutes ago and they are all being removed.
Then why do I see it everywhere? Enough with everything being a conspiracy.
Hundreds just died of Covid in Beirut. :eek:
My brother and his wife died of COVID-19. You are not funny or clever. Grow up or keep your ignorant comment on the appropriate nutjob conspiracy theory boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT