ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty gets the shaft

absolute travesty that Liberty and South Dakota State were left out when they were undefeated.

i will be boycotting college football until the next game is played.
Liberty was super close. They just didn't beat any SEC teams or the 2018 national champs to prove it. Or does Bama only get credit for beating the 2022 champs but FSU doesn't get credit for beating the 2018 champs?

I do love how you are bringing an FCS team into it who has an actual playoff system. That they haven't won yet. That's some major grasping.

Reactions: Bruce1981
Liberty was super close. They just didn't beat any SEC teams or the 2018 national champs to prove it. Or does Bama only get credit for beating the 2022 champs but FSU doesn't get credit for beating the 2018 champs?

I do love how you are bringing an FCS team into it who has an actual playoff system. That they haven't won yet. That's some major grasping.
interesting, i don't recall FSU playing against the 2018 national champs. would hate to insinuate you have a poor memory or only watch Big 10 West football.

i agree though, we should also consider FSU's win over the 2002 & 2009 national champion, as those teams are virtually identical in roster & staff.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskers123456
A lot of people are assuming Oregon will pound Liberty in the Fiesta Bowl. Jerry Falwell Jr. can't wait to watch!
Pound of Flesh, Pound relentlessly, Pound for pound, Dog pound, Pound it? I need details!
pound-it-fist-bump.gif

interesting, i don't recall FSU playing against the 2018 national champs. would hate to insinuate you have a poor memory or only watch Big 10 West football.

i agree though, we should also consider FSU's win over the 2002 & 2009 national champion, as those teams are virtually identical in roster & staff.
Alabama gets credit for beating #1 Georgia. That's interesting, if Georgia was the true #1 team this year, they would have won. See, there's your proof that you can't know for certain who is the best until after the game is played.

absolute travesty that Liberty and South Dakota State were left out when they were undefeated.

i will be boycotting college football until the next game is played.
South Dakota State is FCS and Liberty is G5. If you think South Dakota State and Liberty are the same level as Florida State, perhaps we should include the #1 High school team and the #1 intermural football team into the playoffs too.

South Dakota State is FCS and Liberty is G5. If you think South Dakota State and Liberty are the same level as Florida State, perhaps we should include the #1 High school team and the #1 intermural football team into the playoffs too.
i'm just sick of the committee pretending the SEC is better than the G5 & FCS.

this is truly the George Floyd moment of college football.

The SEC is better than G5 and FCS. However, the SEC is NOT better than the ACC or any other power 5 league this year. The evidence for that is the SEC was 7-9 vs other power 5 leagues.

Including SDSU is so strange. They are in a different division and aren't even eligible. So like the OP said, may as well include high school.

The SEC is better than G5 and FCS. However, the SEC is NOT better than the ACC or any other power 5 league this year. The evidence for that is the SEC was 7-9 vs other power 5 leagues.
i'm so glad you're a numbers guy, because so am i. how did those matchups look in relation to their respective conference standings? red is an SEC loss, green is an SEC win .

SEC vs Big 12
Texas (1) vs Alabama (1)
Arkansas (13) vs BYU (11)

Missouri (4) vs Kansas State (4)

SEC vs Pac 12
Utah (5) vs Florida (10)
Arizona (3) vs Miss. St (11)
Auburn (9) vs Cal (8)

SEC vs ACC
North Carolina (4) vs South Carolina (12)
Florida State (1) vs LSU (4)
Miami (6) vs Texas A&M (7)
Wake Forest (12) vs Vanderbilt (14)
Clemson (5) vs South Carolina (12)
Florida State (1) vs Florida (10)

Tennessee (6) vs Virginia (13)
Missouri (4) vs Georgia Tech (4)
Georgia (2) vs Georgia Tech (4)
Kentucky (8) vs Louisville (2)

in conclusion, when SEC teams were outmatched in relation to conference standings, they went 2-8. when they were evenly matched, they went 2-1. when the SEC teams outmatched their opponents, they went undefeated.

shocking that SEC bottom feeders lose to other conference's mid-tier/cream of the crop.

the great thing is, we get to see more matchups that are even across the board during bowl season. and when Georgia meets Florida State in the Orange Bowl, you can adjust your opinion accordingly.

Reactions: saluno22
Including SDSU is so strange. They are in a different division and aren't even eligible. So like the OP said, may as well include high school.
not at all, football is football, and undefeated is undefeated, right?

shame on you for insinuating not all conferences are the same.

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
There is nothing that I would wish well for Liberty ! Jerry Falwell, the total fraud !

Reactions: 90sman

SEC conference has a losing record vs other P5 conferences. Until they prove differently during bowl season, SEC is overhyped.

i'm so glad you're a numbers guy, because so am i. how did those matchups look in relation to their respective conference standings? red is an SEC loss, green is an SEC win .

SEC vs Big 12
Texas (1) vs Alabama (1)
Arkansas (13) vs BYU (11)

Missouri (4) vs Kansas State (4)

SEC vs Pac 12
Utah (5) vs Florida (10)
Arizona (3) vs Miss. St (11)
Auburn (9) vs Cal (8)

SEC vs ACC
North Carolina (4) vs South Carolina (12)
Florida State (1) vs LSU (4)
Miami (6) vs Texas A&M (7)
Wake Forest (12) vs Vanderbilt (14)
Clemson (5) vs South Carolina (12)
Florida State (1) vs Florida (10)

Tennessee (6) vs Virginia (13)
Missouri (4) vs Georgia Tech (4)
Georgia (2) vs Georgia Tech (4)
Kentucky (8) vs Louisville (2)

in conclusion, when SEC teams were outmatched in relation to conference standings, they went 2-8. when they were evenly matched, they went 2-1. when the SEC teams outmatched their opponents, they went undefeated.

shocking that SEC bottom feeders lose to other conference's mid-tier/cream of the crop.

the great thing is, we get to see more matchups that are even across the board during bowl season. and when Georgia meets Florida State in the Orange Bowl, you can adjust your opinion accordingly.
SEC only plays 8 conference games while every other conference plays 9. Generally speaking, SEC teams schedule one more cupcake to pad their records and appear better than they truly are.

SEC only plays 8 conference games while every other conference plays 9. Generally speaking, SEC teams schedule one more cupcake to pad their records and appear better than they truly are.
thats nice honey. unfortunately, the SEC has won 13 of the last 20 national championships, with 5 different teams doing it over that span.

you can spin it however you need if judging games like Vanderbilt vs Wake Forest are more important to you than National Championships, but you just come off as a bitter contrarian.

I'm not sure how many SEC teams Florida State needed to beat this year in order to satisfy people that they played enough SEC teams. 4? 7?

I'm not sure how many SEC teams Florida State needed to beat this year in order to satisfy people that they played enough SEC teams. 4? 7?
they beat the 4th and 10th best teams in the SEC.

the 4th and 10th best teams in the Big 10 are Iowa and Purdue. you think beating Iowa and Purdue means a team is better than Michigan/Ohio State?

they beat the 4th and 10th best teams in the SEC.

the 4th and 10th best teams in the Big 10 are Iowa and Purdue. you think beating Iowa and Purdue means a team is better than Michigan/Ohio State?
So... more than two.

We are talking about divisions not conferences.

Is South Dakota State eligible for the D1 playoffs?

Who said all conferences are the same?

Except for down years when a mid-tier SEC team gets ran by New Mexico State.

I don't count bowl games anymore. OOC and playoffs are what count. Too many players don't play in bowl games.
here's all the conferences records in the playoff:

1-2
6-5
1-7
16-5
3-6

try to guess which one is which.

You look foolish. You should tap out.
how much were you willing to bet FSU beats Georgia in the Orange bowl? forgot if you were a massive pussy or not.

here's all the conferences records in the playoff:

1-2
6-5
1-7
16-5
3-6

try to guess which one is which.

how much were you willing to bet FSU beats Georgia in the Orange bowl? forgot if you were a massive pussy or not.
You are hilarious. It's almost like in your world change isn't possible. The Pac 12 looked better than it has in years. But somehow what happened in some random year means that the Pac 12 isn't actually better this year?

You can stop with the posturing. I'm not betting random people on the internet.

Reactions: t7w0c1
You are hilarious. It's almost like in your world change isn't possible. The Pac 12 looked better than it has in years. But somehow what happened in some random year means that the Pac 12 isn't actually better this year?
change is very possible! like when a team loses their starting QB and looks like a shell of its former self, that's quite a big change. glad we agree!
You can stop with the posturing. I'm not betting random people on the internet. yes i'm a massive pussy who lacks conviction
sad

A lot of people are assuming Oregon will pound Liberty in the Fiesta Bowl. Jerry Falwell Jr. can't wait to watch!
Anyone assuming a rout is forgetting Oregon is loaded with pro prospects and none of them planning to play in the NFL next year will participate in this runner-up bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT