ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron

He is bizarrely hated for a guy that has been famous since he was 15, has never been arrested, accused of infidelity or anything else. He had the most hype of any player ever and has undeniably exceeded it. He has built/opened an entire school and donated millions to charity. And also has pretty comfortably had at worst the second best career ever in NBA history.

He is bizarrely hated for a guy that has been famous since he was 15, has never been arrested, accused of infidelity or anything else. He had the most hype of any player ever and has undeniably exceeded it. He has built/opened an entire school and donated millions to charity. And also has pretty comfortably had at worst the second best career ever in NBA history.
Wow. Pretty well said whether you like him or not. Case closed.

His Foundations raise money. I don't think Lebron donates much out of his own pocket.

You listed some great reasons to appreciate him, but you’re ignoring the reasons people dislike him. It isn’t baseless, even though I don’t agree with most these criticisms myself.

1. Chasing rings by leaving teams. Don’t mistake this for my opinion. He stuck it out with Cleveland for a long time on his first go round and they got him no help. Sorry he couldn’t beat a trio of Hall of Famers in Boston all by himself. Anybody would’ve left that situation, including MJ. Which brings me to point #2.

2. MJ was a beloved player by nearly everyone. Anyone threatening his throne is going to be polarizing. This obviously isn’t LeBron’s fault.

3. Flopping. Unfortunately for LeBron his strength masks most every foul he takes. According to Iman Shumpert, one day LeBron said he’d had enough and decided he’s going to start flopping. He’s not proud of it… it doesn’t make him a pussy… it’s just smart basketball otherwise he’d never get to the foul line. MJ didn’t have to flop cuz when he got hit he naturally went down.

4. Politics. I can sympathize with many of LeBron’s views based on his upbringing even though I don’t agree with him most the time. But he makes very controversial statements, some of them dangerously bad in my opinion, like when he slanders cops in situations in which they weren’t in the wrong. That rightfully pisses a lot of people off. Even simpler political gestures like campaigning for a certain candidate is going to alienate fans on the other side. Just a fact of life.

So there you go. I like LeBron for all the reasons you state (even though #4 on my list is wearing my like for him thin), but there are concrete reasons to explain why people dislike him and nobody is ever going to convince them otherwise.

You listed some great reasons to appreciate him, but you’re ignoring the reasons people dislike him. It isn’t baseless, even though I don’t agree with most these criticisms myself.

1. Chasing rings by leaving teams. Don’t mistake this for my opinion. He stuck it out with Cleveland for a long time on his first go round and they got him no help. Sorry he couldn’t beat a trio of Hall of Famers in Boston all by himself. Anybody would’ve left that situation, including MJ. Which brings me to point #2.

2. MJ was a beloved player by nearly everyone. Anyone threatening his throne is going to be polarizing. This obviously isn’t LeBron’s fault.

3. Flopping. Unfortunately for LeBron his strength masks most every foul he takes. According to Iman Shumpert, one day LeBron said he’d had enough and decided he’s going to start flopping. He’s not proud of it… it doesn’t make him a pussy… it’s just smart basketball otherwise he’d never get to the foul line. MJ didn’t have to flop cuz when he got hit he naturally went down.

4. Politics. I can sympathize with many of LeBron’s views based on his upbringing even though I don’t agree with him most the time. But he makes very controversial statements, some of them dangerously bad in my opinion, like when he slanders cops in situations in which they weren’t in the wrong. That rightfully pisses a lot of people off. Even simpler political gestures like campaigning for a certain candidate is going to alienate fans on the other side. Just a fact of life.

So there you go. I like LeBron for all the reasons you state (even though #4 on my list is wearing my like for him thin), but there are concrete reasons to explain why people dislike him and nobody is ever going to convince them otherwise.
I annoys me when professional athletes, musicians, and actors use their fame as a platform to sound off on politics and try to influence their fan base or the uneducated towards a certain party. Just because they are successful doesn’t mean they know more about ‘correct’ political viewpoints than you or I.

I don’t pay expensive prices for tickets to be entertained and then have a show stopped to hear some political rally. Just shut up and play the music!

He is proof steroids make you one ugly caricature of your youth.
He has one ugly mug.
True that! He is a really good basketball player but that is it. Bad Abe Lincoln beard and all. NBA is not known for style. Not sure what all James Harden has up in his wild wilderness of a beard.

It is when he opens his mouth... Far better for everyone to think you are a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.

I annoys me when professional athletes, musicians, and actors use their fame as a platform to sound off on politics and try to influence their fan base or the uneducated towards a certain party. Just because they are successful doesn’t mean they know more about ‘correct’ political viewpoints than you or I.

I don’t pay expensive prices for tickets to be entertained and then have a show stopped to hear some political rally. Just shut up and play the music!
Exactly, he’s a good basketball player but that’s it. like crappernack the Dixie chicks among other he couldn’t refrain from becoming political, i actually believe its his manager that tells him to do this stuff, and yes everyone is in titled to their opinion the thing with these celebrities is they use their status as a bully pulpit because they get help from the politically driven media to push their agenda. Just shut up and play basketball, football baseball etc if they feel the need to become politically run for office, we watch sports to get away from the political bs but now it’s all over and people arent watching it as much finding other things to do

You can also add his love for China and his hate for those that mention China’s human rights violations. Why? For no other reason than he would make more money if people shut up.

You can also add his love for China and his hate for those that mention China’s human rights violations. Why? For no other reason than he would make more money if people shut up.
So you dislike him because he voices his opinion, but also dislike him because he doesn’t voice his opinion enough? I get it, some people will hate him no matter what because his political views don’t match theirs, just seems questionable when people essentially say “shut up and dribble” but then say “why aren’t you opining on all human rights violations in the world?”

russle has 10 rings
And was far more controversial than Lebron, but history has moved past much of that.

A direct quote from Russell

“I dislike most white people because they are people. As opposed to dislike, I like most black people because I am black.”

Better than Russell with 11 NBA titles in 13 years?

Lol. What a mess of bad opinions. This can only spiral into a place of trump/Biden nonsense that plagued this board for months. And by the way, Jordan was a complete prick to everyone that he has ever crossed paths with, but that doesn’t deter me from recognizing his incredible greatness.

Lol. What a mess of bad opinions. This can only spiral into a place of trump/Biden nonsense that plagued this board for months. And by the way, Jordan was a complete prick to everyone that he has ever crossed paths with, but that doesn’t deter me from recognizing his incredible greatness.
So I supppose your opinion is the right one? I thought that’s what having a opinion is all about none of them are bad just because you think they’re bad doesn’t mean they are

Reactions: c_broadus

Person posting an opinion nobody gives a shit about on the internet complains about people voicing their own opinion.

Reactions: c_broadus
Person posting an opinion nobody gives a shit about on the internet complains about people voicing their own opinion.
Non-stop false accusations of racism shouldn't be tolerated. Because if it's repeated and broadcast often enough, people start to believe it.

just seems questionable when people essentially say “shut up and dribble” but then say “why aren’t you opining on all human rights violations in the world?”
They're more or less saying that if he wants to run his mouth about how bad America is and how we're so oppressed then maybe he should do the same for the Chinese Muslims or any of the things that take place in China. He keeps his mouth shut about that though.

Exactly. That’s the real origin behind some of these goofies posting. I just can’t believe dudes can hate a guy for speaking on something he believes in.. They’ll tell him to shut up but also question why he isn’t speaking up about other situations that’s happening outside the US.. Comical..

It’s ok to have an opinion but my point was famous people using it to sway their fans.

Besides you and I rooting for the same team I don’t give a F**k about you either…so piss off!

It’s ok to have an opinion but my point was famous people using it to sway their fans.

Besides you and I rooting for the same team I don’t give a F**k about you either…so piss off!
I'm a huge fan of LeBron on the court, but couldn't care less what he says off of it. I disagree with a lot of the things he says, but it doesn't really matter to me because I don't get my opinions from sports figures.

So I supppose your opinion is the right one? I thought that’s what having a opinion is all about none of them are bad just because you think they’re bad doesn’t mean they are
Yes to the first part.

I'm a huge fan of LeBron on the court, but couldn't care less what he says off of it. I disagree with a lot of the things he says, but it doesn't really matter to me because I don't get my opinions from sports figures.
Likewise I am a fan of Pearl Jam but I don’t care about what their political beliefs are. My political beliefs I keep to myself and vote when the time comes.

Reactions: oldjar07
Likewise I am a fan of Pearl Jam but I don’t care about what their political beliefs are. My political beliefs I keep to myself and vote when the time comes.
And it's not like Lebron is talking about political beliefs like tax rates and military size. He's accusing us of being racist.

And it's not like Lebron is talking about political beliefs like tax rates and military size. He's accusing us of being racist.
Some events the last couple of years (at least) have tied racism/racist views in with politics. So yeah, it is political. Lebron tweets comments (right or wrong) about human rights and justice in the US but what about what goes on in China?

I can see why many question the credibility of a person’s opinion when they have an opinion in a certain situation but don’t share the same beliefs because they have to tote the company line. The dollar speaks. Keep wearing that slave labor made in China Nike gear proudly Lebron!

Reactions: barney44
Hitler did a lot of good stuff too, maybe you can start a fan club for him as well.

Exactly. That’s the real origin behind some of these goofies posting. I just can’t believe dudes can hate a guy for speaking on something he believes in.. They’ll tell him to shut up but also question why he isn’t speaking up about other situations that’s happening outside the US.. Comical..
He's a poser, a phony, and an idiot. That isn't even debatable. I couldn't care less that he's an idiot, except that the shit he puts out there no doubt has an effect on many, and it does matter that he is a hypocrite, although i dont hold that against him because there isn't a chance that he understands what that means.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT