ADVERTISEMENT

Latrell Neville Commits to Nebraska!

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
The former VT committed wide receiver from Texas plans to announce his new commitment on July 4. Lot's of speculation the Huskers could be in the driver's seat with many high profile schools after him.

HAPPY TO UPDATE: He did commit to Nebraska!

Last edited:
for that former VT committed wide receiver from Texas to announce his new commitment. Lot's of speculation the Huskers could be in the driver's seat BUT with so many high profile schools after him, I wouldn't be at all shocked by a late surprise.
are there really many schools actually recruiting him? the offer list does not mean those schools are recruiting him

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
How many receivers do we have and need? Seems like a lot
well as recruits often do they will find out they aren't nearly as needed once they get to campus as they were during recruitment. Programs want a 4 deep but dont really tell recruits that half of them will be 3rd or 4th in line for at least a few years. Kids love the love talk

are there really many schools actually recruiting him? the offer list does not mean those schools are recruiting him

yes, all those offers are legit offers (via twitter he has ever offer announced with coaches tagged in the thread). Now, it doesnt mean he’s top priority anymore and maybe a few have even backed off of him by now.

Neville will be a huge addition to the class. Can’t wait for him to make it official.

I’m with you my man, I can’t wait for him to make it official. Having a 6’4 almost 200 pound 4 star WR from Texas...yes please.

Of course his state ranking and national ranking is starting to drop with the suspicion that he is committing to Nebraska...shocker!! Winking

right, it’s funny how that happens. Like Randolph Kpai, he was ranked a Top 100 4 star player on 24/7 and after he’s a Husker for awhile, they suddenly dropped him out of the Top 100 and Top 250 all together. He’s now barely holding onto a 4 star ranking at 90 (their lowest ranking for a 4 star).

right, it’s funny how that happens. Like Randolph Kpai, he was ranked a Top 100 4 star player on 24/7 and after he’s a Husker for awhile, they suddenly dropped him out of the Top 100 and Top 250 all together. He’s now barely holding onto a 4 star ranking at 90 (their lowest ranking for a 4 star).

Agreed

giphy.gif

Kudos to Lubick if he can pull in both Neville and Hardy before coaching a game for us.
Nice quote from Hardy about Lubick:

““I think he's a great coach,” Hardy said. “I've looked back at his history. He's done a lot over the years. I talk to him every day so we have a great relationship. I feel comfortable with him and I honestly can't wait to play under him.”“

~via HailVarsity

Kudos to Lubick if he can pull in both Neville and Hardy before coaching a game for us.
Nice quote from Hardy about Lubick:

““I think he's a great coach,” Hardy said. “I've looked back at his history. He's done a lot over the years. I talk to him every day so we have a great relationship. I feel comfortable with him and I honestly can't wait to play under him.”“

~via HailVarsity

that’s basically the same exact thing Latrell Neville is saying about Lubick. He remembers what Lubick did with other Texas WRs and how he developed them into great WRs. That’s very telling about Matt Lubick, I’ll never understand how a few on here think it’s a questionable hire.

well as recruits often do they will find out they aren't nearly as needed once they get to campus as they were during recruitment. Programs want a 4 deep but dont really tell recruits that half of them will be 3rd or 4th in line for at least a few years. Kids love the love talk
To be entirely fair; the converse is also true. Most athletes believe their addition will be an absolute improvement for the team they're committing to, AND therefore they're no doubt promoting themselves into starting or backup positions LONG BEFORE any such promises are made by the recruiting coaches.

More succinctly stated; "If you're the best player, you'll play...(as the coach sells his 'expectations' for the kid).

The kid repeats to himself, "Yeah, I'm the best" (Reassuring himself that the 'Coach just told me so...')

for that former VT committed wide receiver from Texas to announce his new commitment. Lot's of speculation the Huskers could be in the driver's seat BUT with so many high profile schools after him, I wouldn't be at all shocked by a late surprise.

Dez? It’s about time he came home.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
Commitment date is listed as 9-15-20 lots time but would be a nice pick up.

Latrell Neville commitment date is tomorrow, not 9-15. I think you have him mixed up with someone else my man.

Edited: ok I see what you are seeing. Rivals hasn’t updated that part. Trust me, he’s making his commitment tomorrow around 1:30.

Last edited:
Latrell Neville commitment date is tomorrow, not 9-15. I think you have him mixed up with someone else my man.

Edited: ok I see what you are seeing. Rivals hasn’t updated that part. Trust me, he’s making his commitment tomorrow around 1:30

I talked to 2 people I trust, (1 in Lincoln & 1 at Rivals) it's already a done deal (6days ago) for N. Very good pickup #GBR

I think with the departure of Walters, the addition of large receivers became more of an emphasis to Nebraska. I think Frost figured out you need the size for possession and down field blocking. BIG learning curve.
FilthyOccasionalArieltoucan-small.gif

kid took a visit to Alabama & Georgia, 2 visits to OU, so I’m guessing those are real offers.

I can’t remember a WR of his caliber committing to NU out of HS, maybe ever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT