ADVERTISEMENT

Latrell Neville Commits to Nebraska!

How many receivers do we have and need? Seems like a lot

They have 9 on the roster right now (see below) add in 2 recruits and that gets you to 11. To me that's an ideal number to carry.

9 on roster.
Manning
Hickman
Betts
Robinson
Nance
Houston
Fleming
Brown
Nixon

Neville + Hardy (2)

I know there is talk of possibly getting a RB/WR Duck-R type but I think we should stand pat.

Welcome Mr Neville!

Last edited:
Reactions: bigredhunter
They have 9 on the roster right now (see below) add in 2 recruits and that gets you to 11. To me that's an ideal number to carry.

9 on roster.
Manning
Hickman
Betts
Robinson
Nance
Houston
Fleming
Brown
Nixon

Neville + Hardy (2)

I know there is talk of possibly getting a RB/WR Duck-R type but I think we should stand pat.

Welcome Mr Neville!
Don't forget Warner.

9 on roster.
Manning
Hickman
Betts
Robinson
Nance
Houston
Fleming
Brown
Nixon

Neville + Hardy (2)

Welcome Mr Neville!

Ty Hahn will likely go on scholarship also after starting as a walk-on.
6’2” 180lbs (for now)
Nebraska Class D2, but his junior and senior year he totaled 127 catches for 2518 yds and 46 TDs. That’s almost 20 yds per reception average.

He also averaged over 100 tackles on defense each year.

It’ll be interesting to see how he can develop with the others.

9 on roster.
Manning
Hickman
Betts
Robinson
Nance
Houston
Fleming
Brown
Nixon

Neville + Hardy (2)

Welcome Mr Neville!
Got to think Hickman moves back down to TE. I could see us taking one more, but I also love this this group the way it is.

I wasn't quite sure if I should count Warner or not. I think he was put on scholarship but then was hurt. Wasn't sure if he remains on scholarship?
If he is that's 12. I think they should always strive to be in the 10-12 range for that position with 11 as an ideal number to carry.

Could be that Hickman moves back to TE as Headcard suggested. Don't think it will happen this year though but in a couple of years they will be short on TE's.

That was a after fact... Not many thought Niles Paul would ever be a NFL caliber receiver coming out of High school..

Maybe Ahman Green as a running back, Yes..
I remember Niles Paul differently.. We had reports of him working out with Ahman and other Green Bay players and how he stood out and stuff.

We are upgrading a lot of positions! OL, DB, WR, I think we are stacked at TE, QB, LB. (IB & DL) though slight unproven we have the bodies.
This bodes well for the next few years!
It would seem that way on paper but these days it is impossible to know if they will all stick around and/or who actually pans out.

Reactions: headcard
Great commit today. Who's up next to be N?
Well it could possibly be Nadab Joseph JUCO DB but only IF he gets the grades he needs from the summer school session. I think the Husker staff is holding a scholarship spot open for him. I believe that summer session is concluding this week or next. So we'll see what happens.

Nadab Joseph is a 6'2" 190 lb. 5.9 4 star former Alabama commit. IF he passes his classes, he'd be eligible to play this fall.

Of course there is competition for his commitment by the likes of Alabama, Baylor, Georgia, Texas A&M, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerssalts
Well it could possibly be that JUCO DB but only IF he should get the grades he needs from the summer school session. I believe that summer session is concluding this week or next. We'll see what happens.
Name?

Great commit today. Who's up next to be N?

Let’s enjoy our country’s birthday and this commit today. We can think about the next commit at 12:01 tomorrow morning. Winking

giphy.gif

Great pick up, really feels like the offensive talent on the team starting this year is just going to improve leaps and bounds. Can’t hit on every recruit but we are collecting enough talent that we can handle a few misses which we really couldn’t the last 5 years or so.

Latrell Neville was definitely big time get, he had 48 offers and offers from some of the best teams in the country. I don’t see how anyone wouldn’t be excited about this commitment. Our last 2 WRs are 6’3 and 6’4 in height. We have definitely started to focus on getting bigger WRs...GBR

Last edited:
I remember a ton of hype around him too. A lot of people on here saying he should be a five star and would be if he wasn’t from Nebraska.

You are absolutely correct! If I remember correctly at least one recruiting service had Niles as damn near a 5 star at one point!

Reactions: GretnaShawn
That was a after fact... Not many thought Niles Paul would ever be a NFL caliber receiver coming out of High school..

Maybe Ahman Green as a running back, Yes..

Wasn't he a top 100 player in the country? Pretty close to a 5 star player...

Manning, Betts, Hickman, Hardy and Neville... all 6’3” or taller...

then Wandale, Brown, Fleming, Nixon, Nance, Houston rounding out the room with SPEED

Fidone at TE will really add a nice touch to the receiving corp

Hopefully Nance and Houston can get on the field. Nixon won't play this year. I wonder if Fleming will... We need more WRs!

Reactions: HominidHusker
I didn't know that he was Aaron Neville's grandson until today. Maybe Aaron can sign the national anthem someday.

ADVERTISEMENT