ADVERTISEMENT

Kurt is not going to the NFL

z_nDrS.gif

Captain Kurt stuck on the sailship Mesmorize
Well done. There truly are not enough Captain Ron GIFs being utilized these days.

I hate Iowa as much as the next guy but I wonder what our response to Rhule will be if in the next 10 years he matches what Ferentz has done the last 10 years

Avg 9.1 wins per year which includes a 12 win year

(Prorated their 6-2 2020 season to 9 wins)
If Rhule is still here in 2047, and is still looking for his first title of any kind, it will be evidence that Nebraska completely gave up on football at some point.

...a lot of people posting in this thread. Forget there was about a 5 year window where he could have gone to the NFL anytime he wanted, he was a highly desired coach there, and he has owned us in recent memory. So I don't really understand what everybody's laughing about here.
Anytime he wanted? As a head coach? When was this magical time I've never heard of?

You guys lost to a SF lead Nebraska team, and slipped by us this year with arguably the worst Nebraska offense we’ve had in 15 years.

I’d count your victories over us while you can, cause soon daddy Rhule will be slapping that ASS year in and year out.

GBR
Thanks for the recap but you didn’t answer the question. Once again. Nebby always wins the offseason.

• Haha
Reactions: DelusionalHawkeye
Good one. I don't mind friendly ribbing with Iowa folks. A couple of honest questions for you...

What do you think about your bowl game? Tennessee is planning to start a true freshman. Who is calling your plays?

Kirk has always been salty, but he's like Fritos level salty lately. Do you think it's bitterness about his son?
You play the games on the schedule. Iowa has a game and nebby doesnt. It’s that simple.

Yes I think his bitterness is related to his son who deserved to be let go.

We are laughing because there is no NFL team interested in a 68 year old man leading the worst offense in college football. He didn’t need to tell us the Chargers didn’t contact him, we all know that.
I have always said that in my next lifetime I want to hire Kirk Ferentz's agent no matter what my occupation. I have watched him get Captaiin Kirk more incredible raises and contract extensions until eternity than I can count. Everytime he had an above average year his agent would tell the local media in Iowa different NFL teams wanted to interview him. Gary Barta would then immediately give him raises and contract extensions that were hard to believe. And then find out later that he was never in the top three for most of those NFL job openings. Everyone should have his agent if they want financial security.

I hate Iowa as much as the next guy but I wonder what our response to Rhule will be if in the next 10 years he matches what Ferentz has done the last 10 years

Avg 9.1 wins per year which includes a 12 win year

(Prorated their 6-2 2020 season to 9 wins)
its a good record. buts its not the records, its the level of play.

iowa lucked their way into a majority of those wins and then the attention the record drives only shows how very FAR away they are at being a good much less championship team.

i mean really, when you're best player is the punter...i dont care if you win 10 games or not. thats just embarrassing.

I have always said that in my next lifetime I want to hire Kirk Ferentz's agent no matter what my occupation. I have watched him get Captaiin Kirk more incredible raises and contract extensions until eternity than I can count. Everytime he had an above average year his agent would tell the local media in Iowa different NFL teams wanted to interview him. Gary Barta would then immediately give him raises and contract extensions that were hard to believe. And then find out later that he was never in the top three for most of those NFL job openings. Everyone should have his agent if they want financial security.
How much did Frost get paid for his amazing performance?

The standard response when we have proven our point. Also, I don’t think an Iowa fan started the thread. But hey, at least you guys have an active football team to talk about.
definitely we will have plenty to talk about at 1 pm on new years day.

you don't be a stranger now, we expect to see you then...and have plenty of excuses ready.

Reactions: MargotDeeper
You’re wishing for the wrong thing. What you really want in your next life is to have that spineless wonder Gary Barta as your AD (unless you’re a female coach, ofc). Zero expectations and zero balls = handing out lifetime contracts for his buddies, with clauses that make it near impossible to fire them.

Reactions: Streamer15
You play the games on the schedule. Iowa has a game and nebby doesnt. It’s that simple.

Tennessee is a very winnable game for you guys. I'm curious to see your offensive game plan. Good luck to you. I wish we were playing in a bowl game against a beatable SEC team.

• Haha
You’re wishing for the wrong thing. What you really want in your next life is to have that spineless wonder Gary Barta as your AD (unless you’re a female coach, ofc). Zero expectations and zero balls = handing out lifetime contracts for his buddies, with clauses that make it near impossible to fire them.
Iowa fans believe that Barta and KF basically worked against the school for years. Raises, extensions and kick backs.

Reactions: Frozone
...a lot of people posting in this thread. Forget there was about a 5 year window where he could have gone to the NFL anytime he wanted, he was a highly desired coach there, and he has owned us in recent memory. So I don't really understand what everybody's laughing about here.
A five year period 25 years ago is a lot different than now as his offense has been the laughing stock of the nation the last 3 years. I’m sure NFL teams are lining up to bring that brand of football to their cities.

Also, the other funny thing is that literally none of the reporters have reported on the rumor nor had they even heard the rumor. Which in its own right is hilarious.

A five year period 25 years ago is a lot different than now as his offense has been the laughing stock of the nation the last 3 years. I’m sure NFL teams are lining up to bring that brand of football to their cities.

Also, the other funny thing is that literally none of the reporters have reported on the rumor nor had they even heard the rumor. Which in its own right is hilarious.

See my reply above where I called myself an idiot for misreading the quote....

Tennessee is a very winnable game for you guys. I'm curious to see your offensive game plan. Good luck to you. I wish we were playing in a bowl game against a beatable SEC team.

You two dipsh1ts are Iowa fans, stop pretending @The Usual

Anytime he wanted? As a head coach? When was this magical time I've never heard of?

There was a time when his name was circulating as a top candidate for the NFL every year. Probably sometime in the late 90s, early 2000s. I only remember because I used to scratch my head every single time, wondering what the hell the NFL guys were seeing that I wasn't. In hindsight, probably just his agent floating it every time to get him a raise.

definitely we will have plenty to talk about at 1 pm on new years day.

you don't be a stranger now, we expect to see you then...and have plenty of excuses ready.
What Nebby team is playing on new years day for us to discuss? I will be discussing the Iowa game over on the Iowa board. BTW, volleyball team got their ass kicked and you all should be embarrassed.

• Haha
Setting aside his stupid comment about the NFL...I find him to be a pretty easy guy to find good things to say about.

I don't think he has a racist bone in his body, and you could interview a TON of his former players who actually know and interacted with him who would agree, including one of his now most outspoken critics who..AFTER playing for Ferentz and graduating from Iowa, begged him to take his brother on and give him a scholy..when that didn't happen all the sudden Ferentz is a racist. Riiight.

He is also loyal (probably to a fault with his son, but I ain't bagging on a father for that) and could have left Iowa many times for greener pastures but has stayed, which is a quality I love. He's also developed a lot of kids who bigger schools have passed on and turned them into Sunday guys. I know that has slowed a ton recently, but he has a pretty good track record on that.

...and Iowa fans, pls don't like my posts. I ain't lookin for any new message board friends from rival programs.

Or work for Gary Barta’s dumb gullible ass…

I like the cut of your jib. What do you say we tag team that sister(wife) of yours, maybe we will let your daddy join. She can suck him off while we DP her fat ass. Question, moneys a little tight right now, can you provide the Blue Yummies? Need a smooth cold one after working up a sweat with your sister. Go Cuckeyes!
Oh My Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

What Nebby team is playing on new years day for us to discuss? I will be discussing the Iowa game over on the Iowa board. BTW, volleyball team got their ass kicked and you all should be embarrassed.
I'll be here talking about the Iowa game too. it'll be tough football to watch and will be ugly on the scoreboard...but a good time will be had.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

You two dipsh1ts are Iowa fans, stop pretending @The Usual

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm a born and bred Husker fan. I am just a newbie trying to be civil to neighbor fans. I prefer kindness to trash talk, but it's sometimes hard to distinguish between the two on a message board.

As for Kirk, he's obviously not going to the NFL and he has to figure something out with his offense. I'm curious to see what what they do with this bowl game and next year. Do they completely overhaul the offense or just tweak it? They would need some significant personnel changes for an overhaul.

Reactions: MargotDeeper
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm a born and bred Husker fan. I am just a newbie trying to be civil to neighbor fans. I prefer kindness to trash talk, but it's sometimes hard to distinguish between the two on a message board.

As for Kirk, he's obviously not going to the NFL and he has to figure something out with his offense. I'm curious to see what what they do with this bowl game and next year. Do they completely overhaul the offense or just tweak it? They would need some significant personnel changes for an overhaul.
Okay, but when the clubhouse door is locked and we ask you for the code words, please be able to utter "I_ _ a Sucks" mmmkay?

Mickey Joseph and a guy who’s never been a dc went 1-0 against Iowa.
Remember when you all loved Scott Frost and said Nebby would take over the BIG10 after he became HC? Those were good times. This year Kirk beat your "NFL coach". Any new recruits you want to brag about for next year because you guys always win the off-season.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT