ADVERTISEMENT

Khalil Davis

Frost said that they take into account the entire body of work, from spring ball all the way through game one. he also said they don’t want to give them all out at once. He did make special mention of “the twins” and specifically said they both played well enough to deserve a black shirt as did a few other guys, and he expects that they will have them very soon.

Chinander talked about it today. Just doesn't include play on the field. Things the coaches have to get after them about as well (going to classes, stuff like that).

Reactions: husker2612
In before the defense has a bad game and these same posters are saying take away the blackshirts and give them pink shirts

Nah, they'll maintain their intensity and get better. Iowa are the ones that say pink shirts.

I can't wait to play Iowa. They are going to see the first iteration of the Black Shirt defense, but I think it might be the first shutout in B1G play this season for the Huskers. A terrible offense. Kick a field goal. Game over.

They had 88 yards of offense against Wisconsin last year. I'm not sure they break 50 this year.

Reactions: Earn898
Nah, they'll maintain their intensity and get better. Iowa are the ones that say pink shirts.

I can't wait to play Iowa. They are going to see the first iteration of the Black Shirt defense, but I think it might be the first shutout in B1G play this season for the Huskers. A terrible offense. Kick a field goal. Game over.

They had 88 yards of offense against Wisconsin last year. I'm not sure they break 50 this year.

They do have a terrible looking offense but their defense is looking pretty good at this point. Too early to tell IMO but I’d have the assume that they’ll be a different team at the end of the season. I’d be surprised if we get any shutouts this season, I’d love to see it but our defense has some things to work on.

Hopefully our offense is clicking pretty well by that point.

They do have a terrible looking offense but their defense is looking pretty good at this point. Too early to tell IMO but I’d have the assume that they’ll be a different team at the end of the season. I’d be surprised if we get any shutouts this season, I’d love to see it but our defense has some things to work on.

Hopefully our offense is clicking pretty well by that point.

They have a really good defense. Their offense is horrible. They are missing Wadley badly. Double cover the tight ends and run blitz all day. Stanley is a 50% passer. Take your chances in the outside with bump and run. Their wide receivers suck too. They're going to lose before we play them, and I mean besides Wisconsin.

We definitely had some players show up against Colorado and should have earned black shirts. By no means should every starer have gotten one and they didn’t. But like K Davis, there was definitely a few that showed up big and had great games. A few black shirts should have been passed out. Given up 33 points or not, makes no dam difference. A player can still have a black shirts performance (11 tackles, 3-4 tackles for loss and 2-3 sacks), earn there shirt and our team still give up 33. That’s going to happen with our offense turning the ball over so many times.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT