ADVERTISEMENT

Maravich NCAA scoring record in doubt

From what I understand the CBI invites teams that are willing to pay to play in their "tournament" the only numbers they seem to care about is the dollar amounts. I think Omaha might have played in this tourney

Discussion on CBS sports was that Detroit could be asked to play in the CBI but they would be the worst team ever to be asked to play in it and the university would have to agree to pay ten’s of thousands of dollars to play in it..

So basically Mike Anderson would be using the university to help his son buy the record..

He has the NCAA record for most 3 pointers in career he should just leave it at that..

Discussion on CBS sports was that Detroit could be asked to play in the CBI but they would be the worst team ever to be asked to play in it and the university would have to agree to pay ten’s of thousands of dollars to play in it..

So basically Mike Anderson would be using the university to help his son buy the record..

He has the NCAA record for most 3 pointers in career he should just leave it at that..

Have not followed this story until the last 24hrs....and I have no idea what's going to happen here, but I really hope everyone just walks away here...please don't "buy" the record.

Records are broken, rules change. If anything, these situations bring Pete out of the shadows for a new basketball audience. Every time the Rock and Roll hall of fame inducts a new class or we have a Super Bowl halftime show, new people are introduced to Prince from his epic performances.
Don’t worry sports fans, Cy Young and Nolan Ryan’s records may be safe forever because pitching use and rotations have changed. Enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Reactions: schuele
From the university's perspective (Anderson family aside), $50,000 for all the publicity they'd get over the next couple weeks, and having their school mentioned around the record all the time would be totally worth it.

That being said, like others said, this should be put to bed. He had a shot to tie/break it, literally missed it.

You can break certain records by stretching things out but I'll wait here and see if anyone ever averages over 40 points per game over three seasons without managing a single 3 point shot. He could have gotten 57 points per game, which is just not even imaginable but his team wasn't as 'integrated' as much so it doesn't mean as much.
Good lord. It's such a rare thing. Only 4 times did a player average over 40 points per game and the three highest were all Maravich. His dad was coach though, so meh.

Reactions: scarletred
Horizon championship game has N.Kentucky 21-12 against Cleveland St 21-12 both quality basketball programs..
Youngstown St won the Horizon.

My questions how many Horizon teams get in the NIT?

Horizon championship game has N.Kentucky 21-12 against Cleveland St 21-12 both quality basketball programs..
Youngstown St won the Horizon.

My questions how many Horizon teams get in the NIT?
This thread is about the record the kid from
Detroit Mercy,had a chance to break what does have to do with the NIT.?

This thread is about the record the kid from
Detroit Mercy,had a chance to break what does have to do with the NIT.?
Bingo…

So if only one maybe two make the NIT. ( which I doubt two make it) shouldn’t the rest of that conference make the CBI before Detroit?..

Catch my point..

Bingo…

So if only one maybe two make the NIT. ( which I doubt two make it) shouldn’t the rest of that conference make the CBI before Detroit?..

Catch my point..
If Detroit Mercy plays another game this year , if this kid actually claims the record it will the biggest fares in the history of sports, Anyone who disagrees can go **** THEMSELVES , and I truly mean that!

Reactions: scarletred
If Detroit Mercy plays another game this year , if this kid actually claims the record it will the biggest fares in the history of sports, Anyone who disagrees can go **** THEMSELVES , and I truly mean that!
Amen brother. I’m with you 💯percent.

Bingo…

Catch my point..
CBI is all about making money so if a school is willing to pay 50k they are in. Team record doesn't matter as long as the check clears. Zero merit

CBI is all about making money so if a school is willing to pay 50k they are in. Team record doesn't matter as long as the check clears. Zero merit
NCAA shouldn’t consider this as scoring record because it is all about a school paying the 50,000 entree fee..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT