ADVERTISEMENT

Keyshawn Greene Back in Portal

In regards to the post the other day about players being tampered with and knowing would be suitors are BEFORE they hit the portal......Interesting indeed.

I think it's safe to say he won't be in the portal TOO LONG....😉

Seems like a solid kid with his head on straight who's going places and making good choices and somebody you can count on to be there when the going gets tough.
giphy.gif

truthfully, i dont know if id had the good sense to stick it out, either.
maybe, just hard to say for sure if i was in some of these kids shoes.
its just easy to move on, now.
they probably sacrifice opportunities - injuries can be an equalizer.

Is he going to be the football equivalent of all the Teddy for the Nebraska basketball team?

truthfully, i dont know if id had the good sense to stick it out, either.
maybe, just hard to say for sure if i was in some of these kids shoes.
its just easy to move on, now.
they probably sacrifice opportunities - injuries can be an equalizer.
I made my college decision at least partly based on proximity to home and having all of my family having attended NU. Man to leave home for a school nearly 2000 miles away and then have your team be mired in losing, I can't blame a kid for reconsidering his choice.

There's been a LOT going on for all of us for the past year and a half. It's kind of hard for me to fault a kid deciding to move back closer to home with all of the crap going on. It would seem that some of the vitriol has ebbed and COVID restrictions are being eased so maybe there will be less of this. I would welcome him back in a heartbeat if he decided he wanted to be back in Lincoln.

I made my college decision at least partly based on proximity to home and having all of my family having attended NU. Man to leave home for a school nearly 2000 miles away and then have your team be mired in losing, I can't blame a kid for reconsidering his choice.

There's been a LOT going on for all of us for the past year and a half. It's kind of hard for me to fault a kid deciding to move back closer to home with all of the crap going on. It would seem that some of the vitriol has ebbed and COVID restrictions are being eased so maybe there will be less of this. I would welcome him back in a heartbeat if he decided he wanted to be back in Lincoln.
I think a ton of college kids (regular students) transfer, add in all the shit these guys do, I totally get it.

You get 4-5 years and then it is gone. Try to find the best spot for you.

id gather he’d get an opportunity...

In regards to the post the other day about players being tampered with and knowing would be suitors are BEFORE they hit the portal......Interesting indeed.

I think it's safe to say he won't be in the portal TOO LONG....😉
I don't think there's anyway that this kid leaves school in late May without already knowing where his next school is going to be. His next school probably engaged in tampering.

I don't think there's anyway that this kid leaves school in late May without already knowing where his next school is going to be. His next school probably engaged in tampering.
High school coaches and personal trainers are going to get exhausted from playing all this middle man stuff- at some point they are going to want a cut for their time/efforts

High school coaches and personal trainers are going to get exhausted from playing all this middle man stuff- at some point they are going to want a cut for their time/efforts
They'll need a union.

Hell seeing that at high school level in a variety of sports now. Not even with the elite level players anymore either.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yeah, it's amazing how if your parents can come up with the money that "elite" showcase team will find a place for you.
It is. It’s beyond the elite as well sadly. Lots of money spent that would be better served with savings for actual player development and for college without debt or at least as little as possible.

Reactions: mgbreis

If you don't think that personal trainers and high school coaches aren't ALREADY getting their CUT you krazy. They not back dooring the NCAA for FREE......TRUST ME.

Now they can get it on the front end and on the back end....

I think a ton of college kids (regular students) transfer, add in all the shit these guys do, I totally get it.

You get 4-5 years and then it is gone. Try to find the best spot for you.
Look at any college and university retention rate. They are surprisingly low in my opinion. I'm talking about student body not athletes

Look at any college and university retention rate. They are surprisingly low in my opinion. I'm talking about student body not athletes
exactly.
Everyone thinks they are future pro.

The death of college sports.
It's changing things no doubt but the bottom line for teams like NU is the QB situation. QBs transferring is IMO the nut buster for coaches and frankly it was already pretty common before the liberalized transfer rules. The grad transfer deal was just the start of it with guys like Russel Wilson. College sports will survive.

maybe. He transferred to a school that had an open spot. Maybe his first choice didn't have a scholarship available so he took what he could get at the time. Now maybe he knows his first choice has an open slot. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I don't think he's a difference maker necessarily. Now IF he were a top flight QB, I would care a lot more.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
maybe. He transferred to a school that had an open spot. Maybe his first choice didn't have a scholarship available so he took what he could get at the time. Now maybe he knows his first choice has an open slot. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I don't think he's a difference maker necessarily. Now IF he were a top flight QB, I would care a lot more.
I completely agree. he left late in the game, too, roster-wise, if I remember correctly.

I don't hold transferring against kids. if they could help, we should want them. same as hoops. or baseball, for that matter.

Reactions: ATX Husker
Is he going to be the football equivalent of all the Teddy for the Nebraska basketball team?

Sure, but Teddy at least played the sport prior to transferring. At this point its becoming comical for Greene.

If he transfers to another D1 program this Summer, he will be forced to learn another new defense. He's already behind in Strength and Conditioning. He's never really practiced yet, and the odds of him getting on the field In 2021 are extremely limited.

His best bet might be heading to a Juco for a Semester so he can.... you know... actually play football.

Sure, but Teddy at least played the sport prior to transferring. At this point its becoming comical for Greene.

If he transfers to another D1 program this Summer, he will be forced to learn another new defense. He's already behind in Strength and Conditioning. He's never really practiced yet, and the odds of him getting on the field In 2021 are extremely limited.

His best bet might be heading to a Juco for a Semester so he can.... you know... actually play football.
Agreed, but that’s also assuming one big thing...that the kid truly wants to play football.

Some kids, especially nowadays, just want to be wanted.

Agreed. Just seems to be a cautionary example of talent but dig into the off the field to confirm he will make the commitment

hope he figures it

Reactions: Cornicator
The NCAA needs to tighten up the transfer rules. Transferring multiple times isn't good for the student-athlete or the universities. Stop allowing transfers and eligibility after 4 games and stop abusing the hardship transfer rule. Coaching changes, etc should not warrant a hardship transfer.

Reactions: RaulJones
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT