ADVERTISEMENT

Keyshawn Greene Back in Portal

The NCAA needs to tighten up the transfer rules. Transferring multiple times isn't good for the student-athlete or the universities. Stop allowing transfers and eligibility after 4 games and stop abusing the hardship transfer rule. Coaching changes, etc should not warrant a hardship transfer.
The Toothpaste is out of the tube.

The NCAA needs to tighten up the transfer rules. Transferring multiple times isn't good for the student-athlete or the universities. Stop allowing transfers and eligibility after 4 games and stop abusing the hardship transfer rule. Coaching changes, etc should not warrant a hardship transfer.
laugh out loud hilarious post here

only thing missing is the part where you walked uphill both ways to football practice in the driving snow

f*** the universities, which have been grown unwieldy from ill gotten gains for a century. their services are quickly becoming obsolete, while athletes have never been in higher demand

kids should have the exact same freedom to dictate their future as admins/coaches

Most (all) D1 athletes were likely the best athlete at their high school (at least the top 2 or 3)

We live in an "instant gratification" era, having to wait to play...or fight for a position...is way too foreign to them. It's easier to follow the path of least resistance and transfer to the 'next best thing'

I totally agree that the transfer portal could ruin football and basketball as it is today. That said, who would want to stick around and play for a 5 win team with a weak coaching staff. They do not want to be part of the B1G laughing stock (ie: mustache contests when you are struggling to even get a win). Do away with the portal and make their commitment count!

I totally agree that the transfer portal could ruin football and basketball as it is today. That said, who would want to stick around and play for a 5 win team with a weak coaching staff. They do not want to be part of the B1G laughing stock (ie: mustache contests when you are struggling to even get a win). Do away with the portal and make their commitment count!
2/10, pretty pedestrian and lame troll attempt

Reactions: leodisflowers
laugh out loud hilarious post here

only thing missing is the part where you walked uphill both ways to football practice in the driving snow

f*** the universities, which have been grown unwieldy from ill gotten gains for a century. their services are quickly becoming obsolete, while athletes have never been in higher demand

kids should have the exact same freedom to dictate their future as admins/coaches
Agree. But that also means players should be able to be cut whenever and face straight up honest media coverage when they f up and not have kiddie glove treatment. You can’t be equivalent on just the good shit

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Agree. But that also means players should be able to be cut whenever and face straight up honest media coverage when they f up and not have kiddie glove treatment. You can’t be equivalent on just the good shit
you mean like living up to the extremely high expectations & facing the straight up honest media coverage our staff/admins do?

yea, I think they'd survive that tradeoff. 😂 😂 🤣 🤣 🤣

And he probably won’t stick anywhere too long either.
exactly, but hang around these boards long enough and some will somehow find a way to blame all this on Trump or Scott Frost..... lol

you mean like living up to the extremely high expectations & facing the straight up honest media coverage our staff/admins do?

yea, I think they'd survive that tradeoff. 😂 😂 🤣 🤣 🤣
Mean national media too. Like hot seat list. Coach rankings top to BOTTOM. Calls to fire coach x. Let’s be frank about the worst players too — that is always put aside “because they are young and students and should not have to be under scrutiny”. Let’s go all in for every aspect

• Haha
Mean national media too. Like hot seat list. Coach rankings top to BOTTOM. Calls to fire coach x. Let’s be frank about the worst players too — that is always put aside “because they are young and students and should not have to be under scrutiny”. Let’s go all in for every aspect
ok, heck they are soon to be be employees, lets treat them as such.

ok, heck they are soon to be be employees, lets treat them as such.
As if this doesn’t already happen. I’d be willing to bet 100% of athletes would trade making money off their likeness for a huge-eared dweeb being mean about them at 11am on the radio/tv- two things 18 year olds don’t pay any attention to anyway.

As if this doesn’t already happen. I’d be willing to bet 100% of athletes would trade making money off their likeness for a huge-eared dweeb being mean about them at 11am on the radio/tv- two things 18 year olds don’t pay any attention to anyway.
I was sort of going for the opposite. Like if they aren't cutting it on the field, then they get replaced by another employee from another team. The academics are about to mean squat, it will be minor league football, with a school name on it. The money off of their likeness means diddly if you aren't on the squad.

May seem strange but I'm glad he's not at Nebraska. Kids that transfer multiple times are flakes in my opinion. Yes, I know not everyone will agree with me.
No you are dead on, if you transfer multiple times ,it’s you that has the issue not coaching.

There's a lot of good that can come from the Transfer Portal but he seems to have screwed himself and left NU and FAU high and dry. It's sad seeing potential go to waste.

It's also possible that he really wasn't all that good. I don't know the kid's situation but the football world is full of talented kids who are lazy or big & fast kids who just aren't good football players. Some kids are convinced that they are going to the NFL but they don't even like football.

At FAU, he was at DB, not LB. Probably wasn't highly known in the weight room.

It's also possible that he really wasn't all that good. I don't know the kid's situation but the football world is full of talented kids who are lazy or big & fast kids who just aren't good football players. Some kids are convinced that they are going to the NFL but they don't even like football.
It's rare that recruits are ready to play Day 1 People following him in high school felt he had potential. Of course potential means nothing without hard work. I don't think he was at NU or FAU long enough to really give himself a shot to develop his skills.

Waste of potential.

Reactions: Dean Pope
ADVERTISEMENT