ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Basketball kneeling

where did trump encourage the storming of the capitol?
If he is accountable, then VP Harris should be for summer riots.
Biden couldn't even denounce the terrorists on his side. At least Trump did.
Let's save the childish "but he did it too!" argument for politics. The attack on our U.S. Capitol had nothing to do with politics. If Trump had called the national guard in, lives would have been saved and our nation would not have looked like a sh+t stain to the rest of the world. Trump called for the rally. Stirred them up into a frenzy and then (according to White House staffers) watched excitedly from the safety of the White House as it went down on TV. Let's not make light of this. There were cops beaten up. One killed. People punching through glass with their bare hands. Senators and Congressmen & women alike had their lives in danger. They constructed a gallows outside.

Reactions: TheBeav815
It was hard for everyone for sure. It was nowhere near as hard for white people unless they have black children or family members.
reminds me of when Bernie said, "white people don't know what it's like to be poor"
Ignorant thinking.

Last edited:
It's incredible, isn't it? All of these enlightened that claim to be so open-minded and contemporary, but it is palpable in their dialogue the amount of ignorance and caveman-esque thinking that they possess. They've all been indoctrinated in the Biden School on Race Relations:

"And by the way, what you all know but most people don't know, unlike the African American community with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things."

C'mon man!
"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man.
“Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”
“In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

both are ignorant statements by ignorant people
I’m curious as to how my statement was ignorant. I wasn’t speaking about just Covid. On the subject of police brutality and other racial disparities in this country.. how could a wire person feel it the same? You can feel any and all emotions, and it still wouldn’t be the same, because it could never actually be you. I feel like that’s a pretty simple concept to grasp.

I’m curious as to how my statement was ignorant. I wasn’t speaking about just Covid. On the subject of police brutality and other racial disparities in this country.. how could a wire person feel it the same? You can feel any and all emotions, and it still wouldn’t be the same, because it could never actually be you. I feel like that’s a pretty simple concept to grasp.
White*

Do you know what it is like to be white?
We were brought up from infancy to feel for black people and help them out. Just to be stabbed in the back.

Do you know what it is like to be non-black?
In a way, yes. That’s why I’m my first statement I said “unless you have black children or family members”. Pretty much my whole family is white. So yeah..I have a really good idea of what both sides feel like.

In a way, yes. That’s why I’m my first statement I said “unless you have black children or family members”. Pretty much my whole family is white. So yeah..I have a really good idea of what both sides feel like.
but you have no first hand knowledge of being white.

but you have no first hand knowledge of being white.
Obviously not.. be great if I did though. There’d be a lot less to worry about. Did you have a point or did you just want to statement ignorant and not back it up with an actual viewpoint?

Obviously not.. be great if I did though. There’d be a lot less to worry about. Did you have a point or did you just want to statement ignorant and not back it up with an actual viewpoint?
You assume there would be a lot less to worry about.
It would be nice to get preferential treatment as a minority.

such fragility
Lol fragility? That would imply that you hurt my feelings..you didn’t. I’m just not going to waste my time typing the 5-6 paragraphs it would take to fully explain it, when it wouldn’t make a difference. You’re a clown.

Lol fragility? That would imply that you hurt my feelings..you didn’t. I’m just not going to waste my time typing the 5-6 paragraphs it would take to fully explain it, when it wouldn’t make a difference. You’re a clown.
Affirmative action

Affirmative action
And somehow that negates police brutality, red lining, and the enormous wealth gap.. just to name a few of the many? You’re either a troll, or the worst type of person. It’s really not that hard to see that there’s inequality

And somehow that negates police brutality, red lining, and the enormous wealth gap.. just to name a few of the many? You’re either a troll, or the worst type of person. It’s really not that hard to see that there’s inequality
such tolerance
at the legal level, women and most minorities benefit from policies that others don't.
how did Asians/Jews do so well in America with such rampant racism?
police brutality exists against all groups

You should probably turn off the news, and enjoy reality.

Asians are the richest race in America. Red lining was outlawed in the 60s. Data says police brutality against blacks is a myth. Any other myths you’d like to discuss Bingo..i mean Husker Vadger.

Asians are the richest race in America. Red lining was outlawed in the 60s. Data says police brutality against blacks is a myth. Any other myths you’d like to discuss Bingo..i mean Husker Vadger.
Actually the income inequality between the top end of bottom end of Asian income has increased greatly over the past few years, but that’s neither here nor there because it has literally nothing to do with this conversation. Police brutality is a myth? That’s interesting..after all of the things that have happened people still deny it. As to redlining being illegal now..it is. They can’t outline a neighborhood on a map and deny loans no matter what. They can, however engage in predatory loans, and other unsavory practices. Some of which contributed directly to 2008. But hey, what do I know?

Actually the income inequality between the top end of bottom end of Asian income has increased greatly over the past few years, but that’s neither here nor there because it has literally nothing to do with this conversation. Police brutality is a myth? That’s interesting..after all of the things that have happened people still deny it. As to redlining being illegal now..it is. They can’t outline a neighborhood on a map and deny loans no matter what. They can, however engage in predatory loans, and other unsavory practices. Some of which contributed directly to 2008. But hey, what do I know?

Not much. More vagueness with no real, specific examples.

2008 is a great point though. Banks were forced to approve loans based on race, not qualifications. Loans were approved that normally would of never passed a pre-approval, thus leaving many homeless because they were given mortgage loans they could never afford.

You should take Mark Twain’s advice... “First get your facts straight, then you can distort them as you please.”

Not much. More vagueness with no real, specific examples.

2008 is a great point though. Banks were forced to approve loans based on race, not qualifications. Loans were approved that normally would of never passed a pre-approval, thus leaving many homeless because they were given mortgage loans they could never afford.

You should take Mark Twain’s advice... “First get your facts straight, then you can distort them as you please.”
I have a lot of specific in depth examples..I’m not a huge fan of typing books, though. Lol my question was rhetorical, but thanks for a fun answer anyway.

Reactions: EastOregonHusker
I have a lot of specific in depth examples..I’m not a huge fan of typing books, though. Lol my question was rhetorical, but thanks for a fun answer anyway.

Yep another poster who can’t give any real examples There’s so many to choose from right, but you all seem to get amnesia and say “insert generic lefty comment here” instead.

Yep another poster who can’t give any real examples There’s so many to choose from right, but you all seem to get amnesia and say “insert generic lefty comment here” instead.
I’m not going to type 5-6 paragraphs. I love conversation, but I’m not going to type a book. I’m also not on the left soooooo swing and a miss.

I’m not going to type 5-6 paragraphs. I love conversation, but I’m not going to type a book. I’m also not on the left soooooo swing and a miss.
But you’ve typed like 5-6 paragraphs stating you don’t want to take the time to type 5-6 paragraphs.

I’m just reading and no dog in the fight. But....you could’ve made points and supported argument as the same replies about not wanting to support them have been just as long as you stated you didnt want to type out.

See that was a fact. Now say yours I’d like see both sides to this debate.

Reactions: Herbert Husker
An attempted coup, a riot incited by the president on the US capitol? What happened has no modern precedent in our country. That you are unable to distinguish between an attempt to unlawfully seize power from the riots that occurred over the summer and fall of last year is extraordinary. Alas, we are living in extraordinary times.
Oh give me a freaking break!!!! The riots at the capitol weren't an attempt to seize power, it was a protest gone bad with some individuals going too far. None of the rioters tried to assume power over the government, it was just a bunch of fools running through a building. It was irrational bullshit, blowing off steam and raising hell, EXACTLY like the riots all summer, except for the fact that they didn't set anything on fire. The main difference was that it lasted for a few hours, rather than for the last 7 months.

You're just trying to say it's "different" because you can try to blame this on Trump and because you can't bear the notion that what your side did for the past 7 months was crap and was coordinated by the democrats to help win an election.

But you’ve typed like 5-6 paragraphs stating you don’t want to take the time to type 5-6 paragraphs.

I’m just reading and no dog in the fight. But....you could’ve made points and supported argument as the same replies about not wanting to support them have been just as long as you stated you didnt want to type out.

See that was a fact. Now say yours I’d like see both sides to this debate.
In 10-11 replies....yes I probably did. To acknowledge all of the issues he’s disputing..that would literally be a book. To go in depth on everything he and I both mentioned would be a lengthy phone conversation. I won’t waste my time typing out a really long response on an extremely complex subject when it will just go in one ear and out the other. I don’t know him so I’m not going to speculate his character, but just from the exchange we had, I don’t see that conversation being very fruitful either. Also, the way you replied is respectful. You may disagree with what I’ve said, but you worded it in a palatable way, and I can always respect that. I’ve been on this board for quite a while. I debate about football as hard and as much as the next guy..and I’d like to think that there are people here that enjoy having interactions with me. I may reply to ignorance..but I will never give a disrespectful approach the same attention that I give a respectful one.

Oh give me a freaking break!!!! The riots at the capitol weren't an attempt to seize power, it was a protest gone bad with some individuals going too far. None of the rioters tried to assume power over the government, it was just a bunch of fools running through a building. It was irrational bullshit, blowing off steam and raising hell, EXACTLY like the riots all summer, except for the fact that they didn't set anything on fire. The main difference was that it lasted for a few hours, rather than for the last 7 months.

You're just trying to say it's "different" because you can try to blame this on Trump and because you can't bear the notion that what your side did for the past 7 months was crap and was coordinated by the democrats to help win an election.
Did you say the same thing about BLM protests? Legit question

And here we have it. Someone who wants to help black people is a KKK member. Do you guys try to not make sense?
You’ve clearly never looked into the policies talking points David Duke brought to the forefront in the 90’s and what the republicans are doing and saying today. It’s very similar

In 10-11 replies....yes I probably did. To acknowledge all of the issues he’s disputing..that would literally be a book. To go in depth on everything he and I both mentioned would be a lengthy phone conversation. I won’t waste my time typing out a really long response on an extremely complex subject when it will just go in one ear and out the other. I don’t know him so I’m not going to speculate his character, but just from the exchange we had, I don’t see that conversation being very fruitful either. Also, the way you replied is respectful. You may disagree with what I’ve said, but you worded it in a palatable way, and I can always respect that. I’ve been on this board for quite a while. I debate about football as hard and as much as the next guy..and I’d like to think that there are people here that enjoy having interactions with me. I may reply to ignorance..but I will never give a disrespectful approach the same attention that I give a respectful one.

Ill take your approach and stetrotype an entire group to ask this question. What is stopping any and every black person from being successful? How is it harder to get a good education or good job or to live in a good location? Thats what you're talking about, correct? What are the

I asked for one example systemic police brutality against blacks. Give my FBI statistics.. something.

Have you read Fryer’s publication? Data shows police do not kill black men at a higher rate.

https://scholar.harvard.edu/fryer/p...-analysis-racial-differences-police-use-force

You mentioned you debate football. I bet you use stats when analyzing Nebraska football? You probably know that Nebraska is one the worst teams in country scoring TDs in the redzone. This is a helpful stat that I hope Frost addresses.

Maybe try using stats when looking at social issues as well?

Reactions: leodisflowers
Did you say the same thing about BLM protests? Legit question
YES! None of the BLM protesters were trying to overthrow the government. They were just raising hell and in many ways partying. None of the BLM protestors would have the faintest idea how to overthrow a government, nor the courage to go so. They were just a convenient tool of the democrats. The people at the capitol were an angry mob too, but they went home that night and didn't come back. The BLM protestors burned everything in sight all summer and fall.

Now, if you want to talk about BLM as an organization, they're just a bunch of marxist and transgender punks. However, most of the rioters this summer and fall were not really BLM protestors, they were just an agglomeration of hoods who riot for no good reason and locals wanting to get in on the action, latching onto the BLM logo. They picked on statues in parks, and on closed businesses.

Reactions: Herbert Husker
You’ve clearly never looked into the policies talking points David Duke brought to the forefront in the 90’s and what the republicans are doing and saying today. It’s very similar
What are these points? Are they good things? Are you saying that if a KKK guy says love your neighbor, then you shouldn't love your neighbor. I'm curious what you're talking about.

I'll bet if you state some things that are negative, I can show you either why it's not negative or that if it is, it has no relationship to what republicans think now.

Oh, BTW, in the 1860s, the republicans fought the democrats tooth and nail to abolish slavery. The democrats were totally against black people being free and having equal rights. So I guess under your logic, you should never vote democrat because they're a bunch of racist slave owners.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT