ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Basketball kneeling

If you really don't see the difference, then there is nothing I can say here that will change your mind. I try to use some perspective on these things, but I understand that many people can't see their way around emotionally charged issues. And I fully recognize that goes for both right and left.

The only real difference is one side has been doing it for 4 years, and the other did it once.

Amazon is being sued for anti-trust law violations and breach of contract.
AWS is required to give 30 days notice for termination, they gave Parler 1 day.
This is set a precedent one way or another.

Reactions: dinglefritz
An attempted coup, a riot incited by the president on the US capitol? What happened has no modern precedent in our country. That you are unable to distinguish between an attempt to unlawfully seize power from the riots that occurred over the summer and fall of last year is extraordinary. Alas, we are living in extraordinary times.
Right...and a clear attempt at using force to intimidate lawmakers. I live in Oregon and wouldn’t travel to Portland if you paid me, but let’s not justify what happened in DC and compare it to race riots.

From a legal perspective I'm not sure whether you need a person to explicitly state "mob the capitol building" to find that person responsible for inciting a mob. I'm certain that lawyers can argue both sides, but I would tell you that quite often people found guilty of ordering a murder didn't explicitly state "go murder that dude."
There's no case precedent to back up the claim that Trump's words incited a riot. You can't imply his intent. Calls for impeachment are just the typical inflammatory, non sensical, ill informed trash we expect from the left. My goodness do these patriots love the grandstand! Consider this:
a) there's no time to do it. McConnell will not reconvene Congress before Biden's inauguration
b) you don't have the votes. You need 67. While obviously Collins and Romney will thrust a moist finger in the air to determine the political climate, the more principled crowd will not.
c) there are no grounds to impeach a former president. At best, it ends up in the courts, at which time the will to act will have long passed.
d) the few smart democrats left in the world know that impeachment is not 'healing' which is the theme for Biden's inauguration. If you want to set off another powder keg, go ahead. We already suspect how disingenuous the calls to unify are.

What will the Biden years hold?
I'm guessing blaming things on Trump and screaming at the clouds about white supremacy.

Reactions: Husker5
I'm guessing blaming things on Trump and screaming at the clouds about white supremacy.
Pretty close. Probably dust off and repackage Obama's guns and religion mantra when he meets resistance to his build back better reset.

There's no case precedent to back up the claim that Trump's words incited a riot. You can't imply his intent. Calls for impeachment are just the typical inflammatory, non sensical, ill informed trash we expect from the left. My goodness do these patriots love the grandstand! Consider this:
a) there's no time to do it. McConnell will not reconvene Congress before Biden's inauguration
b) you don't have the votes. You need 67. While obviously Collins and Romney will thrust a moist finger in the air to determine the political climate, the more principled crowd will not.
c) there are no grounds to impeach a former president. At best, it ends up in the courts, at which time the will to act will have long passed.
d) the few smart democrats left in the world know that impeachment is not 'healing' which is the theme for Biden's inauguration. If you want to set off another powder keg, go ahead. We already suspect how disingenuous the calls to unify are.
There have been so many things without precedent these past few years that the word has lost its meaning. Laws put in place long before any living person was born has the nation discussing the exercise of these laws that have scarcely if ever been used, which leads to different interpretations about what to expect.

I think it raises some important questions about how Biden wants to start his presidency. But its pretty clear that from the perspective of Democrats, impeachment is significantly about ensuring that Trump cannot run for office again.

FWIW I also worry about the "healing" you speak of, but I find Trump's legacy far more troubling. How do you heal a nation this divided? How do you heal a nation in which half believe there was a massive fraud despite zero evidence of a massive fraud? How do you heal a nation when half of the population is loyal to a man, not a party, ideology or nation, but a man?

• Love
Reactions: EastOregonHusker
Amazon is being sued for anti-trust law violations and breach of contract.
AWS is required to give 30 days notice for termination, they gave Parler 1 day.
This is set a precedent one way or another.

If there were any judicial equity in this country, the NY Attorney General should sue Amazon for the anti-trust violations and recommend as part of the lawsuit that Amazon be dissolved because they did something wrong. (Same as the lawsuit against the NRA).

It seems you are too busy trying to establish a whataboutism here rather than taking a step back to process what just happened in our country.
The new word of the month, “whataboutism”, is being used by the left as a shield to protect themselves from being rightfully called out for hypocrisy.

It would be appropriate to cry whataboutism if the right was saying, “Yeah but you wrongfully impeached Trump, so who cares about the Capitol riot!” That’s completely changing the topic like a child would.

But nobody is changing the topic here. The topic is “Incitement of Riots”. All we’re saying is if Republicans incited this riot, then Democrats incited many more just six months ago. And while there’s a sense of symbolism to storming the Capitol that the left didn’t quite reach during their Summer of Love, the real life damage they did was far worse.

The new word of the month, “whataboutism”, is being used by the left as a shield to protect themselves from being rightfully called out for hypocrisy.

It would be appropriate to cry whataboutism if the right was saying, “Yeah but you wrongfully impeached Trump, so who cares about the Capitol riot!” That’s completely changing the topic like a child would.

But nobody is changing the topic here. The topic is “Incitement of Riots”. All we’re saying is if Republicans incited this riot, then Democrats incited many more just six months ago. And while there’s a sense of symbolism to storming the Capitol that the left didn’t quite reach during their Summer of Love, the real life damage they did was far worse.
Oh hell yeah, the summer superspreader love-in destroyed so many lives, but hey, it got them the election so they couldn't give a shit. Dangerous people
The capitol stormers should have just set up an autonomous zone in the capitol. Wasn't sedition when it happened out West. It was defended as a block party.

Pretty close. Probably dust off and repackage Obama's guns and religion mantra when he meets resistance to his build back better reset.
He will also have the opportunity to tell us all how horrible our health care system is, the one remade during the Obama/Biden administration and democratic majorities / super majorities in congress.

Already started - he and she had some dynamite drops clearly intended to unify the country and the races. This is going to be a really really pleasant next 4 years.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Already started - he and she had some dynamite drops clearly intended to unify the country and the races. This is going to be a really really pleasant next 4 years.
Biden will die/be removed and then all we will hear is how questioning Harris is sexist and racist.
Biden is already wanting to put out racist policy, to distract from his past.

I'm one of them...i've been watchin riots and looting and arson for the last 4 years...now a certain side of the political isle is acting like this has never happened before last week and it's outragous.

I don't care what isle they're from: if you've been watching foreign nationals try to overthrow the government for four years, you definitely should have reported it by now. See something, say something 🌴

For the record, I've been on the whataboutism bandwagon for a very long time.

Riots typically occur when people feel powerless. They want to change that state of affairs and believe that force is their only option. But what was the animating force behind the riots you are comparing?

The riots that took place last year began as protests against racial injustice, and devolved into looting and violence. That's a bit of an oversimplification, but the animating force for gathering people was racial injustice, which is a thing. Perhaps Democratic leaders spoke to the message of racial justice, but I don't recall any inciting riots much less condoning violence. By the way, I'm not arguing to the perceived superiority of Democrats. Not in the least. Politicians are calculating, and to incite or condone violence would have been criminal, and possibly prosecuted as such. I'm just trying to establish what differentiates last year from the present.

The animating force behind the mob that stormed the capitol was the belief that the election had been stolen from them. They believe this fiction because the president of the country has told them a massive fraud was perpetrated upon them, despite no evidence of massive fraud that would have changed the outcome of the election. They persist in this belief in spite of the FBI director saying there is no evidence of a massive fraud. And they persist in this false narrative long after several recounts by state officials produced nothing to support their claims, and several dozen lawsuits, including a pair that reached SCOTUS, rejected Trumps arguments. Nevertheless the president spread this falsehood, and told his followers to march on the capitol building.

The difference is glaring.

Kentucky basketball and calipari are kneeling for games because of the “Mostly peaceful” protest at the Capitol. Lawmakers in Kentucky are demanding the university should be defunded because the players kneeling I wonder if Rondale will lose his scholarship to Kentucky if they defund it. People aren’t happy down there about the situation and even had a sheriff burn Kentucky t shirts.
Its Kentucky, ignorant rednecks.

Pictured at left: innocent clouds protected by a wall of National Guard troops stationed in front of the Lincoln Memorial during black-led protests last summer.

national-guard-lincoln-memorial-1-abc-200602_hpMain_16x9_1600.jpg

Violence is unacceptable. It was abhorrent...from "both sides"...period. When are we going to start viewing things logically and consistently w/o the stink of political affiliations? Hopefully, soon.
I don't see anything changing anytime soon. I think it will get worse, especially with how the educational system has become.

I'm one of them...i've been watchin riots and looting and arson for the last 4 years...now a certain side of the political isle is acting like this has never happened before last week and it's outragous.
jeezus. your thoughts are dangerous.
on one hand a segment of our population has endured centuries of social injustice and other the hand some people can't accept losing an election. this has never happened before.

I don't see anything changing anytime soon. I think it will get worse, especially with how the educational system has become.
i dont condone violence and i dont think 95% of the population does. But if people are getting killed like minorities have you may end up having to defend yourself. if your party just lost an election by quite a large margin i dont think that even warrants a protest let alone violence

For the record, I've been on the whataboutism bandwagon for a very long time.

Riots typically occur when people feel powerless. They want to change that state of affairs and believe that force is their only option. But what was the animating force behind the riots you are comparing?

The riots that took place last year began as protests against racial injustice, and devolved into looting and violence. That's a bit of an oversimplification, but the animating force for gathering people was racial injustice, which is a thing. Perhaps Democratic leaders spoke to the message of racial justice, but I don't recall any inciting riots much less condoning violence. By the way, I'm not arguing to the perceived superiority of Democrats. Not in the least. Politicians are calculating, and to incite or condone violence would have been criminal, and possibly prosecuted as such. I'm just trying to establish what differentiates last year from the present.

The animating force behind the mob that stormed the capitol was the belief that the election had been stolen from them. They believe this fiction because the president of the country has told them a massive fraud was perpetrated upon them, despite no evidence of massive fraud that would have changed the outcome of the election. They persist in this belief in spite of the FBI director saying there is no evidence of a massive fraud. And they persist in this false narrative long after several recounts by state officials produced nothing to support their claims, and several dozen lawsuits, including a pair that reached SCOTUS, rejected Trumps arguments. Nevertheless the president spread this falsehood, and told his followers to march on the capitol building.

The difference is glaring.

Correct, difference is glaring. Racial injustice was fiction. Voter fraud was not fiction. Not sure how much voter fraud there was or if it was enough to change results, but it certainly did happen.

I think it had more to do with the election being Potentially rigged. Not the outcome of the election.
why would a single person in america think the election was rigged? after 2 months of offering large rewards for evidence there still isnt any evidence.
the majority of people did not vote trump in 2016. the majority of people disapproved of him each of his 4 years in office. and the majority of people did not vote for him in 2020. where is the inconsistent part?
its totally consistent.
if there was election fraud the most surprising thing to happen was how well trump actually did. if there is something to investigate it would be what did trump do illegally to stay within 10 million votes of biden

Reactions: TheBeav815
Correct, difference is glaring. Racial injustice was fiction. Voter fraud was not fiction. Not sure how much voter fraud there was or if it was enough to change results, but it certainly did happen.
yes republicans committed a ton of voter fraud. at least as much or more than the democrats. the evidence is overwhelming. so we should be storming the capitol over the republican steal.
as the republican election leadership in Pennsylvania pointed out....trump got twice as many illegal votes as biden in their state

yes republicans committed a ton of voter fraud. at least as much or more than the democrats. the evidence is overwhelming. so we should be storming the capitol over the republican steal.
as the republican election leadership in Pennsylvania pointed out....trump got twice as many illegal votes as biden in their state

Didn’t see any proof. Another lefty conspiracy theory.

Democrats are more interested in looting some free TVs and sneakers.

you should not be scared of minorities getting equal rights. they aren't going to steal the trailer you live in.
like women, they have more privileges
The Dem's goal is equity, not equality and funny enough, it is them that decides when that has been accomplished.

Didn’t see any proof. Another lefty conspiracy theory.

Democrats are more interested in looting some free TVs and sneakers.
the same amount of proof that democrats cheated. but as i said, republican leadership did admit publicly that trump got twice as many illegal in pennsylvania as biden did. thats not a theory. thats a matter of public record

So we have lots of evidence of racial injustice. In fact, it is quite well documented. Hell, we're a country built on the foundations of slavery. Voter fraud also exists. Absolutely! Was it massive, widespread and coordinated across states? Our government and its institutions have answered that question with a resounding no. I don't think you are a fool, but to persist in this fantasy is foolish, and as we saw last week one might argue that it is also dangerous.

So we have lots of evidence of racial injustice. In fact, it is quite well documented. Hell, we're a country built on the foundations of slavery. Voter fraud also exists. Absolutely! Was it massive, widespread and coordinated across states? Our government and its institutions have answered that question with a resounding no. I don't think you are a fool, but to persist in this fantasy is foolish, and as we saw last week one might argue that it is also dangerous.
We are a nation built on technology and innovation. Slavery didn't help that
I see you are pro censorship, very nazi of you.

you aren't going to convince a guy who lives in a trailer in the south that other people have been mistreated.
he only cares about himself. and he feels shitty about himself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT