ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Wilhite on Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson

interesting discussion but points out that Burrow probably made the right choice given where our program was talent wise. Doesn't throw Frost under the bus too much. Didn't have any kind words for Eichorst.
Eichorst not once wanted to talk on live radio like all the former and present A.D’s do..
Eichorst would pre-record his weekly radio show with a script of topic points, and never took live phone calls..

Armstrong even mentioned the players from day one didn’t get a good first impression with SE from the start and players weren’t even aware Pelini was fired just walked in a empty building with no glue what’s happening..

Eichorst not once wanted to talk on live radio like all the former and present A.D’s do..
Eichorst would pre-record his weekly radio show with a script of topic points, and never took live phone calls..

Armstrong even mentioned the players from day one didn’t get a good first impression with SE from the start and players weren’t even aware Pelini was fired just walked in a empty building with no glue what’s happening..
as Bo stated...hes a ****

Reactions: scarletred
It was insightful. Losing silent commit LJ with a bag call on the way to the airport 🤣🤣🤣

The staff saying our QB room was better quality than what JB was. JB want to come here as well.

Bo recruited. The issue was an admin that provided next to no support. Something ShortSideOption has mentioned before.

It was insightful. Losing silent commit LJ with a bag call on the way to the airport 🤣🤣🤣

The staff saying our QB room was better quality than what JB was. JB want to come here as well.

Bo recruited. The issue was an admin that provided next to no support. Something ShortSideOption has mentioned before.
Tom wouldn’t spend the money to recruit the way we should have and Eichorst had no interest in keeping Bo.

opportunity and unique situational factors

a lot of things - beyond just hard work and talent - can either conspire favorably or unfavorably to determine one's level of success

interesting to speculate where Burrow would be right now had he:

stayed at OSU or transferred to NU rather than LSU

Louisville bought a couple players that were coming to Nebraska. Lamar Jackson and Dez Pitzpatrick. Both were studs.

As far as next to no support for Bo. Didn't Eichorst get private jets for Bo & Co to use for recruiting?

I can tell you with 100% confidence that, if Joey B would’ve come to Nebraska, Frost would still be head coach. Burrow is that dude and he would’ve changed the course of this program. However, Joe got lucky by Frosts complete failure on every level. We are in a better place for the future with Rhule. Joe and his potential successes at Nebraska would’ve been fools gold for Frost and Nebraska fans. Joe and Nebraska are in a better place right now because he didn’t end up in Lincoln.

I can tell you with 100% confidence that, if Joey B would’ve come to Nebraska, Frost would still be head coach. Burrow is that dude and he would’ve changed the course of this program. However, Joe got lucky by Frosts complete failure on every level. We are in a better place for the future with Rhule. Joe and his potential successes at Nebraska would’ve been fools gold for Frost and Nebraska fans. Joe and Nebraska are in a better place right now because he didn’t end up in Lincoln.
You're probably spot on

Yeah the whole “he was only good because of the talent around him” mantra is pretty much dying. He had a lot of talent around him, but you don’t just luck into the best season of any quarterback in College History.

Kenny Wilhite has to be approaching longest tenured member on staff

I can tell that you're a guy who believes everything happens for a reason .

No, but I can tell from your posts that you are a fvcking moron at all times. Just relentlessly dumb. I guess that response was meant to be.
Yes. I'm sorry it hurt you so bad, but it exposed another fragile snowflake. Be well buddy.

While you are correct on that point (look at 2017 UCF for an example of how incredible QB play can make an awful coach look like a genius), Frost would almost certainly have put Burrow on the bench behind Martinez.

While you are correct on that point (look at 2017 UCF for an example of how incredible QB play can make an awful coach look like a genius), Frost would almost certainly have put Burrow on the bench behind Martinez.
Yes, Frost had spent tons of time and recruitment with AM! I think now AM development was not what we hoped from the Qback coach Mario Verduzco! Frost was stubborn, petulent, and thought he could out scheme the Big 10 coaches! Believe me the coaches at Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, particularity laughed at Frost!! Joe Burrow made the right decision for his career! Frost was a lazy recruiter!

Reactions: scarletred

Sometimes both sides are right. Bo was right about admin being unsupportive and terrible. And admin was right about Bo being a hot tempered, unprofessional coach who wasn't going to recruit or coach well enough to win the big game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT