ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly to LSU means Mickey Joseph will stay at LSU

bomber89

Assistant Head Coach
Oct 12, 2004
Lots of tweets talking about how LSU wants to keep Joseph and Brian Kelly has some sort of relationship with him. Seeing how Joseph was raised in Louisiana I believe this will kill him coming to Nebraska. Who is up next? We desperately need a stud recruiter for the south.

• Haha
Reactions: IM4NUalways
Lots of tweets talking about how LSU wants to keep Joseph and Brian Kelly has some sort of relationship with him. Seeing how Joseph was raised in Louisiana I believe this will kill him coming to Nebraska. Who is up next? We desperately need a stud recruiter for the south.
Its safe to say we can probably offer him more money, so there's that.

Reactions: jsachisler
Trev's decision to retain Frost is a complete and utter dumpster fire situation.

I think micky’s brother coached for him at ND

He’s already under contract for $550K for next year which would be higher than any assistant besides Chinander. LSU isn’t going to be outbid if they want to keep him.
They're paying 10 million for Kelly. I've got to think that diminishes what's left in the pool for assistant coaches.

Trev's decision to retain Frost is a complete and utter dumpster fire situation.
Given what’s happening who could we have hoped to have convinced to come here? Our 8th choice just went to UW which is a better gig now. Ppl were debating whether we’d even want Fickell … he'll end up at Norte dame

Reactions: Bold Words
As of this morning, Kelly is keeping Cory Raymond and Kevin Faulk on the LSU staff. Faulk coaches running backs and Raymond DBs and is the recruiting coordinator.

Reactions: headcard
As of this morning, Kelly is keeping Cory Raymond and Kevin Faulk on the LSU staff. Faulk coaches running backs and Raymond DBs and is the recruiting coordinator.
This, and it appears he is bringing his WR coach from ND as well.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Why not link the tweets?

The 90s called. They want their joy back.
Hell, the 90s never gave the 21st century Husker fans its joy to begin with. Teased us a little in the first couple of years, and then yanked it away. Selfish decade.

There were some other tweets that said he is bringing an OC and WR coach and retaining Kevin Faulk as a RB. I guess we can see where this goes.
So Kelly isn't throwing a fit that is entire staff must come with him? Or that he doesn't even want them all?

The longer this drags out with nobody being hired the less likely we will get what every one is looking for. FCS 2.0 will be our offense next year. OU brought Stoops back as an interim coach. NU bring back TO for OC maybe get one of the Cotton boys to be our OL coach Matt Davidson to be our WR coach, Johnny Rogers as RB and Turner Gill to be the QB coach. The run the ball fans will be happy. The new aged Husker fans will be pissed, but they always are not a days.

Why fire your coaches that early if you don't already have replacements in line. Or maybe SF did have the guys but he closed their deals like he has closed games this year. Pen almost hit the paper. Huskers almost got a W. I do think SF can flip this around but for f*** sake grow a pair and close a deal or at least a couple of games.

The longer this drags out with nobody being hired the less likely we will get what every one is looking for. FCS 2.0 will be our offense next year. OU brought Stoops back as an interim coach. NU bring back TO for OC maybe get one of the Cotton boys to be our OL coach Matt Davidson to be our WR coach, Johnny Rogers as RB and Turner Gill to be the QB coach. The run the ball fans will be happy. The new aged Husker fans will be pissed, but they always are not a days.

Why fire your coaches that early if you don't already have replacements in line. Or maybe SF did have the guys but he closed their deals like he has closed games this year. Pen almost hit the paper. Huskers almost got a W. I do think SF can flip this around but for f*** sake grow a pair and close a deal or at least a couple of games.
It is pretty odd when you think about it. Id rather get past the Iowa game and make some changes.

Trev was probably worried that they were going to beat either Wisconsin or Iowa and then have the mood shift. That's how far we've fallen.

your life is a dumpster fire situation
giphy.gif

following coaching changes these days is almost as annoying as defining a 18 year olds definition of the word commit. a time machine would be nice to speed ahead, know whats takes place then go back and save a lot of guessing.

Absolutely. Today.
Not I. Not me at all. This is insanity that will not work out for most of these programs. MSU, PSU, USC, LSU (that we know of right now. Oklahoma/ND could be joining the list) have offered 10+ million per year. That is crazy for such uncertainty...and if Nebraska were in the search, 2 things would happen

1) we'd pay this much for potentially another miss. those financials would crush us for another decade at least.
2) we'd pay a new coach something reasonable and all the Fire Frost folks would be up in arms (again) that we didn't pay out more money to X coach.

Take LSU for example. Kelley is a winning coach. My all measures a safe bet. But 10 million for 10 years? To go against top to bottom a very solid league. If no natty, he's getting booted in 3-5 years. RISK galore.

They're paying 10 million for Kelly. I've got to think that diminishes what's left in the pool for assistant coaches.
Not at LSU it doesn't. Paying 10 million for Kelly just goes to show they're willing to pay high coaching salaries to stay competitive.

I heard Trev called you and said " You can pick the next coach and I'll let Frost go if you have $20 million to kick in". How did you answer Trev???
Go get Mullen, bring in a solid DC to pair with him and let's dominate the Big 10.

You really believe Twitter? I guess it is the new law of the land right? because someone tweeted something we all need to take it as the bible.

Reactions: WHCSC
Not I. Not me at all. This is insanity that will not work out for most of these programs. MSU, PSU, USC, LSU (that we know of right now. Oklahoma/ND could be joining the list) have offered 10+ million per year. That is crazy for such uncertainty...and if Nebraska were in the search, 2 things would happen

1) we'd pay this much for potentially another miss. those financials would crush us for another decade at least.
2) we'd pay a new coach something reasonable and all the Fire Frost folks would be up in arms (again) that we didn't pay out more money to X coach.

Take LSU for example. Kelley is a winning coach. My all measures a safe bet. But 10 million for 10 years? To go against top to bottom a very solid league. If no natty, he's getting booted in 3-5 years. RISK galore.
Using winning percentage against P5 teams as the measure, we have the worst P5 coach. Not one of the worst. The worst. As in dead freaking last. I argue we can do better.

If $10 million is the going rate, we should pay it. We have full shares of B1G revenue, and we should spend it on our golden goose.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT