ADVERTISEMENT

Keelan Smith

I can’t rewatch Rhule’s presser right now. I may be mistaken on who he was talking about running the 4.42 at camp.

Edit. Rhule didn’t give his 40 time but they offered after he ran the 40 for them and did drills. The 4.42 time I must have heard on the radio this morning. Guys that tall can be deceptive.
What does being deceptive have to do with it? Can he/did he run an actual 4.42?

Conjecture here but If he did, more schools would have been all over a guy that tall running that fast. Yet, they were not. Something ain't right.

Clark supposedly ran a 4.42 at camp. He’s long and athletic. I’ll trust Rhule’s opinion over yours. I played against multiple guys in high school who didn’t wow me that went on to start multiple years for Tom at NU. It’s not about what they are as a high schooler. It’s about what they can become.

Edit: Rhule just said he ran the 40 for them at camp in his presser. He didn’t specify his time. They offered him though after they watched him in drills and running the 40. I must of heard his time on the radio this morning
Dingle, you were also 5'6" 160 max? Back in the day when you played against multiple guys who started for Tom~

What does being deceptive have to do with it? Can he/did he run an actual 4.42?

Conjecture here but If he did, more schools would have been all over a guy that tall running that fast. Yet, they were not. Something ain't right.
Somebody else posted that he ran a 4.46 at camp according to a newspaper story. I had heard 4.42 I believe on a radio show. Does it matter? He ran the 40 and drills for our staff at a summer camp and they offered immediately after that. Rhule has said he won’t offer a guy unless he thinks he has the measurables to play in the NFL.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
here's a little tidbit your wife probably knows about football but you clearly don't:

guys spread wide to cover receivers aren't coming downhill to stop the run. the offense gets a head start & the 8th and 9th 'box' defenders have more ground to cover after the snap.

which is why it works.

and why you see it on every possession of every game on every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

the top rushing team in the country is a spread team with a <60% passer at quarterback. guess what they don't face every play not because of "respect" - an ambiguous and meaningless word you insist on using - but because of formations:

that's right, 8/9 man boxes. even though the defense knows what the offense can and wants to do.

You mean the top rushing team has a competent passing game that defenses have to honor. Crazy.

You mean the top rushing team has a competent passing game that defenses have to honor. Crazy.
They completed essentially the same percentage of passes as we did this year, very smart football guy.

The digging is very funny, but I’ve grown tired of this idiotic back and forth.

Do you not even know how to read these signs: < >?

It’s borderline unfathomable to be this dense.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: huntered
They completed essentially the same percentage of passes as we did this year, very smart football guy.

The digging is very funny, but I’ve grown tired of this idiotic back and forth.

Do you not even know how to read these signs: < >?

It’s borderline unfathomable to be this dense.
Dense or disingenuous if you’re feeling charitable.

Reactions: king_kong_
Husker wide receivers coach Garret McGuire is eager to get to work with him.

"What I love about Keelan is he's a productive player. He probably just came off one of the best years as a receiver in the state of Missouri just statistically. They just won a state championship so he's a winner. ... He's got great ball skills. Can stretch the field vertically," McGuire said. "And he's a tough dude. He's a big receiver that has really, really strong hands. Catches the ball and gets vertical in a hurry. And as you can see he's going to win some 50-50 balls in the red zone."

While he's been described as a tight end and receiver during the recruiting cycle, he knows where he'll start position-wise when he enrolls this month. Jan. 12 is his expected arrival date.
"I'm going to come in as a wide receiver and just adapt however my body changes: how much taller however much weight I gain. We're just going to play it by ear but I'm coming in as a wide receiver," he said.

Husker wide receivers coach Garret McGuire is eager to get to work with him.

"What I love about Keelan is he's a productive player. He probably just came off one of the best years as a receiver in the state of Missouri just statistically. They just won a state championship so he's a winner. ... He's got great ball skills. Can stretch the field vertically," McGuire said. "And he's a tough dude. He's a big receiver that has really, really strong hands. Catches the ball and gets vertical in a hurry. And as you can see he's going to win some 50-50 balls in the red zone."

While he's been described as a tight end and receiver during the recruiting cycle, he knows where he'll start position-wise when he enrolls this month. Jan. 12 is his expected arrival date.
"I'm going to come in as a wide receiver and just adapt however my body changes: how much taller however much weight I gain. We're just going to play it by ear but I'm coming in as a wide receiver," he said.
over the middle, look out dbs freight train smith comin thru

It's not complicated. Yes, it only takes 30 seconds to judge if a guy has P5 talent or not. It's people who don't understand anything that always try to overcomplicate things. When you truly understand something, it becomes simple, and you can evaluate things quickly. There's many areas where this applies in my life because I have the cognitive capabilities and take the time and effort to truly understand things to begin with. I guess this is something you wouldn't understand.
Welcome back, RecrutingAnalyst_National!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT