Keegan Johnson

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by CatColumbia, May 5, 2020.

1. Blackshirt316

Blackshirt316 All-American
    Expand Collapse

You completely miss the point. I'm not living in the past, I'm not glorifying that Nebraska had a great history for the sake of glorifying Nebraska. My point is that we don't HAVE to live in the past. We own your ass in perpetuity because of it. Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow. All of it. And there is NOTHING you can do about it because your program never has, isn't now and by the looks of it, never will be capable of doing anything about it.

Iowa's history was so pathetic and it's recent success has been so mediocre (congrats on winning 2 more games over the last 20 years) that no matter how good Iowa MAY be in the future it would take so long for you to even come close to where Nebraska is as a program TODAY that you also have no future worth mentioning at all in context to us no matter what Nebraska does going forward.

You have and continue to suck so bad as a program that next to Nebraska you still have nothing to crow about whether we talk about the past, the present or the next 20+ years.
    Iowa is completely irrelevant to not just Nebraska but anything regarding the top echelons of College football and will be for a LONG LONG time, and we (or really anyone else) don't actually have to even do anything for a couple decades to keep it that way.

Oh and putting Iowa in any way in a conversation along side Ohio State may just be the biggest joke of anything you've said.

2. Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus

Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

Iowa fans come out of the woodwork like roaches when they get a verbal from a 3 star recruit, but when a 3 star decommits they go into a meltdown. The comments on the 3 star decommit are hilarious, what a bunch of hypocritical dbags...RollingLaugh

@SWIowahawks

3. TrianglePlace

TrianglePlace Newbie
    Expand Collapse

Odd, this is from a current players parent who is a friend of the kid that just decommitted. The Keagan Johnson news seems to be really getting to you. Take a step back for a few days and come back better.

SWIowahawks likes this.
  4. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

Still obsessed enough to hang around, I see.

5. hedonistimpulse

hedonistimpulse Walk On
    Expand Collapse

I'm not the least bit surprised at people complimenting your fans on handling a L. You guys are great losers, the whole state of Iowa is.

red scowl, dinglefritz, WHCSC and 2 others like this.
  6. Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus

Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

Lol....must just be message board Iowa fans that are jacka$$e$...

7. spinner4

spinner4 All-American
    Expand Collapse

Harrison Phillips article pretty much nails it, if you guys haven’t had a chance to read. If these kids want to come back to the state of Nebraska after their football days are over, not playing at Nebraska could really hurt them career wise. If these kids want to get in sales, How many people in the state are buying insurance from Keegan Johnson the former Husker WR or how many would immediately close the door on buying insurance from Keegan Johnson former Hawkeye WR?
    Or giving KJ a job or not giving him a job because of his college choice? Obviously just an example

These kids that leave the state of NE to play ball elsewhere choose to be infamous in the state vs famous in the state. Could really hurt them later in life. But it’s obviously a choice they make and will have to live with for the rest of their life

Harrison gets that now and hell he’s still in the NFL and graduated from Standford. When a kid leaves the state to go to ND and Standford, you kind of understand that there’s a prestigious degree attached to that. But leaving for Iowa or Minnesota, just doesn’t have that. You think anyone in the state gives a crap about if Jeff Tarpinian is eating at the same restaurant you are? You ain’t buying him a beer. But if it’s Ricky Henry, I’m sure you notice

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...0aa3bf21-af6a-5e16-a169-18b6c032e634.amp.html

447 spinner4, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
    scarletred likes this.
  8. John_J_Rambo

John_J_Rambo Junior
    Expand Collapse

I don't disagree on the overall premise, but to be fair to Tarpinian/Adam Shada/Seth Olsen, the geniuses in charge at NU at the time chose not to offer them a scholarship. same for the vast majority of future D1/NFL guys from the Millard North pipeline of the early-mid 2000s.

dinglefritz and bigredhunter like this.
  9. TrianglePlace

TrianglePlace Newbie
    Expand Collapse

Are they like the Hardvard of the West?

Obviously Oblivious and spinner4 like this.
  10. SWIowahawks

SWIowahawks Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Why do you keep tagging me? I just got off work and read through the thread in our lounge. No one is bashing the kid. Most are saying they aren’t surprised since he had never visited. I came here knowing it would be a topic here. You didn’t disappoint.

11. spinner4

spinner4 All-American
    Expand Collapse

Haha. You got me on that. Good catch

12. buddy41

buddy41 Newbie
    Expand Collapse

Once those kids leave your desolate state they will never want to go back!!

Obviously Oblivious likes this.
  13. phoenix4nu

phoenix4nu First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

Depends on where they leave for. California, maybe. Iowa, no.

14. Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus

Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

Lol....a key component to the Iowa fan play book is deflection and denial and you’ve stuck to the playbook perfectly. BTW, it’s not a “topic” here. Unlike the husker board East that routinely has 5 plus threads and many other posts about Nebraska on the first page, it’s rare to find a thread dedicated to Iowa on this board. The Iowa fan base is the trash of message boards everywhere and recognized as such.

headcard and dinglefritz like this.
  15. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

This thread wasn't about them, it was about KJ. Their obsession brought them over here to brag about pig trophies and what not.

Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus likes this.
  16. SWIowahawks

SWIowahawks Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

What am I deflecting or denying? I’m so confused. If all you’re going to do is troll, you’re going on ignore. Let’s talk football without the grade school bullshit.

SkerInCo likes this.
  17. jonesyhawk982

jonesyhawk982 Newbie
    Expand Collapse

Let’s just evaluate where Nebraska’s program is. As of now (this post) you haven’t beaten Iowa in 1,989 days. But hey Iowa “sucks” and you keep losing to them. Makes sense.

18. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

19. Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus

Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

I’m good with talking football. I already know the Iowa talking points, so if you have something original or unexpected, I’m ready to discuss. I won’t hold my breath.

scarletred likes this.
  20. IHATEIOWA

IHATEIOWA Newbie
    Expand Collapse

How many Fortune 500 companies does Nebraska have compared to Minneapolis?? You’re talking about a sales job after graduation? Lol Dickerson won’t be coming back to Lincoln for employment.

21. phoenix4nu

Expand Collapse

You’re right. It will be for quality of life reasons.

dinglefritz likes this.
  22. IHATEIOWA

IHATEIOWA Newbie
    Expand Collapse

Yep because Lincoln can really compete with Minneapolis when it comes to quality restaurants, museums, arts, and music scene. Four professional sports teams, lakes, diversity, etc. Lol get real.

23. phoenix4nu

Expand Collapse

Lol get lost.

timnsun and headcard like this.
  24. IHATEIOWA

IHATEIOWA Newbie
    Expand Collapse

Well I’m sorry but the idea that a kid may be giving up future employment prospects by leaving Nebraska and going to other places like Minneapolis is preposterous. Or other places in the Big ten as well. It was a bad take.

25. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

Go away troll.

26. huskerssalts

huskerssalts Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Chris Hickman was ranked as high as 4 star on one of the top 3 recruiting sites and borderline 4 star on the other 2. He was only a true freshman (like you said) last year that redshirted. He could still be something special. Sounds like he may even start at a WR position this year even. But the rest where indeed mid level 3 star guys. Travis V was a 2 star I believe.

Hickman was ranked a 4 star via ESPN recruiting and 89 ranking via 24/7...

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/230616/chris-hickman

466 huskerssalts, May 9, 2020
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
  27. timnsun

timnsun Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

What a tool. Not everybody loves the big city. I currently live in the twin cities, I’ve lived in Orange County, I’ve lived in St Louis. It’s great. But it’s not for everybody.

If Minneapolis is so great why did Lincoln, from 1970-2010, always get better players to come to such a terrible town?

I can’t wait to see how you spin this one.

maplesyrup95, headcard and spinner4 like this.
  28. spinner4

spinner4 All-American
    Expand Collapse

The Gophers aren’t the toast of the state the way the Huskers are in Nebraska. Let’s not pretend they are ok. We’ve seen your attendance records in Minnesota. Most people give zero F’s about Gopher football. Most fans that came out last season are what we call bandwagon fans. To keep that fan base you gotta keep winning cause the rats will jump ship the second there’s issues

And if your going to criticize my post you could at least have the decency to read the source that I’m referencing to in my post. Harrison states what he thinks about is the opportunities he walked away from, from the state when he went to Stanford. The Bay Area alone has over 2 million people the whole state of Minnesota. Harrison knows there’s opportunities in Palo Alto and now in Buffalo. But he can’t come back to the state, his home, and now have those chances too

But I think the worst part of your dam post is you state “Dickerson won’t be coming back to Lincoln”. Dickerson doesn’t live in Lincoln and to my knowledge he’s never lived in Lincoln numb nuts. So to state “coming back to Lincoln” would imply he once lived their to begin with.

I enjoy constructive criticism but your post was dumb and completely off point. Just go back to your sister and celebrate Mother’s Day with your 5 kids together and enjoy fishing in the 1,000 frozen lakes you have in your state, don’tyaknow what I’m talking a boot.

468 spinner4, May 10, 2020
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
    headcard, timnsun and scarletred like this.
  29. SWIowahawks

SWIowahawks Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

I’m not holding my breathe that you can look past my screen name and talk football. Heck, I gave inside info on a local recruit and got blasted. I’m allowed to have an opinion on Nebraska football but people take it the wrong name solely because of my screen name and trolls. If I see someone post wrong info about Iowa, I’m going to correct it. Just as I want Husker fans correcting me if I’m wrong about something Nebraska related.

So either ignore me or have a conversation without back handed comments about Iowa. I don’t do the same.

30. spinner4

spinner4 All-American
    Expand Collapse

Iowa fans are the equivalent of Colorado fans (except Colorado has a legit national championship)

Minnesota fans are the equivalent of Kansas State fans

Ohio State fans are the equivalent of Texas fans

Michigan probably close to A&M, living in the shadows of Texas/tOSU

whose our Oklahoma? A rival we hate but respect?

Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus likes this.
  31. scarletred

scarletred Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

Minnesota fans don’t dislike Nebraska like K-State fans did..

Minnesota hates iowa and Wisconsin fans..

And a Sparty fan told me Michigan fans are uppity and snotty like texass fans..

32. jmliehr

jmliehr First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

Wisconsin is as close as we’ll get to Oklahoma I would guess, they just don’t have the success OU did.

33. Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus

Silver Member
    Expand Collapse

Lol....the next time I read an original thought about Nebraska football from an Iowa fan will be the first time. When you’re ready to go away from the Iowa fan playbook, I’m ready to talk football. Glad we can provide you a forum for your voice to be heard and to correct us when we are wrong. Your trash message board fan base on the husker board East are not as accommodating....

34. otismotis08

otismotis08 Assistant Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

This

KJ

thread

just

might

make

it

to

pages.

That

is

un

real.

Really.

35. phoenix4nu

Expand Collapse

We probably shouldn't judge most Minnesota fans negatively just because a couple of them have come on here and looked ridiculous by beating their chests and bragging after one good season. Every fan base has a few idiots I guess.

36. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

Wisconsin?

spinner4 likes this.
  37. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

They are a special breed of idiot though.

SWIowahawks and phoenix4nu like this.
  38. PeliniTheCrutch

PeliniTheCrutch First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

Iowa sucks.

gw2kpro likes this.
  39. PeliniTheCrutch

PeliniTheCrutch First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

PJ Fleck is the Martin Gramatica of head coaches.

40. scarletred

scarletred Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

“They” :rolleyes: you’re Judging few.

SWIowahawks likes this.