ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan Johnson

This thread is hilarious. Of course us Iowa fans would be thrilled to have had the ride Nebraska fans have had over the decades. You guys (well, the University of Nebraska football program) have more titles and a more decorated history than Iowa. Conceded. However, there is nothing we little 'ol Iowa fans can do to change that. So what can we do? I suppose we could petition Iowa to fold the program, but I'm personally not interested in that as I enjoy my football Saturdays. What I can do is enjoy each season for what it is. I'm not going to sulk when Iowa only beats a bad Nebraska team by a last-second field goal. Sulking about wins is weird. If Iowa is a shit program because I, some dude in NW Iowa, doesn't get pissed about regular 8-10 win seasons, then I guess it is what it is. Have I been disappointed when Iowa teams underperform given the roster composition? Sure. Welcome to sports fandom. At the end of the day, at least currently, neither of "our" programs are winning championships, but I do know that one program is consistently more competitive at the moment.

While I can't say that Iowa has had the storied history Nebraska has (because it hasn't), I can say that I have been able to watch good, competitive, developmental football most (not all) of my life, and now I can enjoy it with my kids as they grow up. Iowa does things the right way, develops players, and can generally play with just about anyone. Glad to see that Johnson will be on board.
giphy.gif

Reactions: BC Hawk
Here is the question. Why do you feel the need to run to another teams board, pound your chest and tell them how great you are? That kind of obsession and insecurity is what is hilarious.
Let's break down your question one element at a time.

Why am I on another team's board? There is a quote about a recruit who is coming to Iowa. I had followed Johnson's recruitment, so it is a topic of interest to me. Is it lame to be on "another team's" message bored? Maybe, but I honestly do not care.

Why do I pound my chest? I'm not sure what you mean here. Nothing in my post was chest-pounding.

Why do I tell you how great Iowa is? I would ask you to reread my post.

I am glad I made you laugh today.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
Can't we all just be happy? Iowa got a 3-star who, let's be honest, has an axe to grind because Nebraska didn't offer his brothers.... and we've got Manning, Betts and Fleming, all 4-stars. Oh yeah, plus Wan'dale. Yawn. Not worried.
Exactly. Both fan bases have reasons to be excited about the coming seasons.

Can't we all just be happy? Iowa got a 3-star who, let's be honest, has an axe to grind because Nebraska didn't offer his brothers.... and we've got Manning, Betts and Fleming, all 4-stars. Oh yeah, plus Wan'dale. Yawn. Not worried.

This about sums it up, good post...Until Keegan Johnson proves he is better playing at Iowa than what we have already recruited at Nebraska I’m not going to consider this as a big loss of losing a player in the Omaha area..

This about sums it up, good post...Until Keegan Johnson proves he is better playing at Iowa than what we have already recruited at Nebraska I’m not going to consider this as a big loss of losing a player in the Omaha area..
I actually really wish we could have signed at least one of Clester's boys!

I checked out Cade Johnson, Clester's son in SoDak, and he is having a phenomenal career at SDSU. He was Freshman All-American and has made the FCS, All-American team as a Soph and Jr. I wonder what he would have have done at NU. I also am excited to see how he fairs agaisnt our defense.

Article on Cade Johnson at South Dakota St:
https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/cade-johnson/

Reactions: dinglefritz
I actually really wish we could have signed at least one of Clester's boys!

I checked out Cade Johnson, Clester's son in SoDak, and he is having a phenomenal career at SDSU. He was Freshman All-American and has made the FCS, All-American team as a Soph and Jr. I wonder what he would have have done at NU. I also am excited to see how he fairs agaisnt our defense.

Article on Cade Johnson at South Dakota St:
https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/cade-johnson/

Me too, maybe that would have helped land Keegan this time but it’s all water underneath the bridge now... I’m sure we will recover in this class on other receivers and we recruited better one’s in last years class..

Maybe the school and level were a great fit. Do you think SDSU plays the caliber of BIG 10 defenses he would be seeing at Nebraska?

The kid may be a step faster at current level and a step slow at D1 power 5 competition.

I believe since Solich left our coaches tend to take a flyer on a kid from anywhere but Nebraksa vs giving a scholarship to a local kid. Same thing in basketball, tell me a local kid wasn't better than Shung Ping, or dozens of other kids that washed out after one season?

That being said, I never expected this kid to come here.

Bollers an Iowa legacy will be leaving iowa, maybe KJ should have just not put NU in his top 2 or 3 or 5. Just declined interest and moved on.

Reactions: scarletred
Maybe the school and level were a great fit. Do you think SDSU plays the caliber of BIG 10 defenses he would be seeing at Nebraska?

The kid may be a step faster at current level and a step slow at D1 power 5 competition.

I believe since Solich left our coaches tend to take a flyer on a kid from anywhere but Nebraksa vs giving a scholarship to a local kid. Same thing in basketball, tell me a local kid wasn't better than Shung Ping, or dozens of other kids that washed out after one season?

That being said, I never expected this kid to come here.

Bollers an Iowa legacy will be leaving iowa, maybe KJ should have just not put NU in his top 2 or 3 or 5. Just declined interest and moved on.

Yep. Frost also locked down 7 of 8 before this. IF there wasn't hate between the fan bases this would be pretty ho hum. Iowa does a good job at development and he might actually have a nice career, but I don't ever see him being an elite player like some of the others that Iowa has taken from Nebraska.

If for some reason Bollers comes to NU over Wiscy we will have our whack jobs over on their boards spewing BS about how their legacy is headed to NU. I can see it now. Our response is history, theirs will be he is not a fit, they moved on, they only recruit the highest integrity kids, etc....

It's the same shit, but a different day. Nebraska just needs to win and the rest will sort itself out.

Fidone wasnt even born the last time Nebraska had a TE drafted.

Well this staff developed a few WRs and a TE at UCF who were drafted recently. Holler at me when ole Kirky and his son get another WR into the league thanks!

Its amazing how some individuals can say one thing and then a few months later say something completely different with such confidence. Lmao

Reactions: RothMatt
Its amazing how some individuals can say one thing and then a few months later say something completely different with such confidence. Lmao
It's how amazing how obsessed one fan base can be with another. And amazing how low the recruiting bar is set, by said obsessed fanbase, to continue bragging about landing a 3star WR with exactly 4 P5 offers.

Iowa going to Iowa.

So I’m curious, this is for all the Iowa fans in this thread... seriously, I don’t think I’ve seen more opposing fan base posters in a single thread than this one. And because I’m not interested in going to your board, here is my question...

Is there a thread on your board inviting everyone from Iowa over here to crap on Nebraska (there are a few exceptions of football talk, but most of it is crap going both ways)? How is it that there are soooo many over here? My first post in this thread got something like 20 likes, and I think 15 of them are Iowa fans... this is kind of ridiculous, and a little sad, that Iowa fans feel compelled to be here.

TIA.

So I’m curious, this is for all the Iowa fans in this thread... seriously, I don’t think I’ve seen more opposing fan base posters in a single thread than this one. And because I’m not interested in going to your board, here is my question...

Is there a thread on your board inviting everyone from Iowa over here to crap on Nebraska (there are a few exceptions of football talk, but most of it is crap going both ways)? How is it that there are soooo many over here? My first post in this thread got something like 20 likes, and I think 15 of them are Iowa fans... this is kind of ridiculous, and a little sad, that Iowa fans feel compelled to be here.

TIA.

To think that no Nebraska fan obsesses over Iowa and troll the Iowa board is simply ridiculous. I dont think most of us will engage with such nonsensical rhetoric

To think that no Nebraska fan obsesses over Iowa and troll the Iowa board is simply ridiculous. I dont think most of us will engage with such nonsensical rhetoric
Nice straw man. I didn’t say no Nebraska fan goes to Iowa’s board. I said I don’t.

I’ve never you seen you here until this thread, as well as a host of other new Iowa posters... how did you all happen to find your way here all at the same time? It’s a simple question. If you felt bothered by it, too bad.

Reactions: headcard
Never been to Iowa's board once. Ever. Never will. Can't control others, I'm satisfied as long as I maintain my personal superiority over examples like you.

I went there to see if there was anything about KJ, prior to his recruitment. I saw post after post about Nebraska and maybe one or two Nebraska fans posting on that board, defiantly nothing like the obsession shown by Iowa fans here. If you are so confident about Iowa and the direction of the program and view Nebraska in such low esteem, why the obsession?

Wait till we get Fidone and Iowa makes excuses how they are already good at TE etc. This is no different, except Fidone is 5x the player Johnson is.

We already have kids in our TE room with offers from:

Michigan x 2
MSU x 3
Notre Dame
PSU x 2
Wisconsin x 2
LSU
Nebraska x 2
Auburn
Baylor
Florida
Georgia
Okie State
Oregon
Utah

Obvious the easiest path to playing time is for Fidone to go to Nebraska. He just has to decide if he wants to get easy playing time handed to him and maybe go to 1 or 2 bowl games in his college career or if he wants to be a first round draft pick.

Am I doing this right?

Reactions: BC Hawk
We already have kids in our TE room with offers from:

Michigan x 2
MSU x 3
Notre Dame
PSU x 2
Wisconsin x 2
LSU
Nebraska x 2
Auburn
Baylor
Florida
Georgia
Okie State
Oregon
Utah

Obvious the easiest path to playing time is for Fidone to go to Nebraska. He just has to decide if he wants to get easy playing time handed to him and maybe go to 1 or 2 bowl games in his college career or if he wants to be a first round draft pick.

Am I doing this right?
1 or 2 bowl games, GTFO. Nebraska is going to be good sooner than later and I think you know it, or you wouldn’t live on this board.

Iowa fans that think they are Alabama, are the worst of the worst.

Last edited:
Here’s to all the Iowa fans who think they are something or better yet, think they’re something for getting Keagan Johnson. Dude wants to play early and Iowa gives him the best shot....this is how I feel about it all...

Last edited:
Man... where have we heard something like this. Oh yeah, Frosty. Best to be careful with proclamations

Man... where have we heard something like this. Oh yeah, Frosty. Best to be careful with proclamations

I guess we’ll find out won’t we...This has nothing to do with what Frost thinking:rolleyes:, he offered for a reason because of having his father playing here and he is one of the top 4 recruits in the state this coming season for obvious reason..
Let’s see how long he takes it to make a contribution compared to what the staff has recruited into the system before his commitment...

TIA.
I'm over here because I love the B1G and appreciate the banter and info. It's fun to see two passionate fan bases. Most of the other B1G sites are a bore. Also Iowa is recruiting Nebraska and vise versa, probably more now then ever so it's relevant.

I'm over here because I love the B1G and appreciate the banter and info. It's fun to see two passionate fan bases. Most of the other B1G sites are a bore. Also Iowa is recruiting Nebraska and vise versa, probably more now then ever so it's relevant.
I appreciate the honest answer. Also appreciate good banter as well... have a good night!

Reactions: scarletred
Let's break down your question one element at a time.

Why am I on another team's board? There is a quote about a recruit who is coming to Iowa. I had followed Johnson's recruitment, so it is a topic of interest to me. Is it lame to be on "another team's" message bored? Maybe, but I honestly do not care.

Why do I pound my chest? I'm not sure what you mean here. Nothing in my post was chest-pounding.

Why do I tell you how great Iowa is? I would ask you to reread my post.

I am glad I made you laugh today.
Let them brag about their 4star wr that apparently don't need to prove anything beyond high school ;)

First of all I hate losing to Iowa, it pisses me off. Kirk Ferentz owns Nebraska right now, I think this is fair to say. Iowa is very, very good at player development, they are at a level we need to get to in that dept. Neither one of us are getting the ready made players. Personally losing Johnson does sting for me he’s an instate player that we offered, should have locked him up. I get he’s a 3 star and we probably will replace him with a higher rated kid, legacy recruit who bails and goes to rival....not a good look. 7 wins and no wood shed beatings are a minimum for me. You are what you are after year three in a program, if no serious improvement this year and he better be on the hot seat

The longer this thread goes, the more I am glad he's not coming to Nebraska

It's called the Iowa factor. Feel free to gather up your inbred friends and run back home.
My roots are out of Iowa I guess. I'm the great great grandson of Heinrich Hagge (if you are not aware he was a man of exquisite taste and elite dick heat). My grandpa went to Iowa State but got caught with booze during prohibition so he got expelled ......eventually he made his way to Omaha to take work in the Martin bomber plant. Long story short he started going to Husker games in the Bill Glassford days. He wasn't some front runner POS loozer so he stayed on board and got to see the first installment of the dynasty.

But alas here we are....history repeating itself. Another 20 year run of dog shit hopefully coming to an end.

I highly recommend everyone here look into moon travel. Good vibes headed your way.

Reactions: MplsHusker1
It’s going to be funny, this will be all the Iowa fans that’s been living and camping on this Husker board after Iowa loses to the Huskers this season in football

Stolls not the only tight end in the room that was touted coming into college. Where's the development?

Stoll was the lone upperclassman last year. Volkolek sat out after transferring, Allen and Rafdal were sophomores, and Hickman was a true freshman.

It's still just a room full of 3* and 2* recruits with Hickman (the one Frost TE recruit) being the highest rated guy as the only 5.7 3* , though.

We'll learn an awful lot about the amount of or lack of development of guys this year when 2* Travis Volkolek and 5.6 3* Jack Stoll are probable starters as upperclassmen and likely to be playing with an upperclassman QB.

Last edited:
Reactions: RothMatt
You’re hitching your ride to a TE that played against AAC defenses and wasn’t recruited by Frost? Hockenson and Fant’s numbers blow Akins out of the water. 4 TD’s his senior year? Jock and Fant had more playing on the same team, their third year on campus.

You can’t argue that Kirk is proven, while Frost is still a question mark.
I'm actually hitching my ride to two AAC tight ends in Jordan Akins and Jordan Franks because they're two guys who have had their eligibility expire since Scott Frost became a head coach and they're both playing in the NFL.

Ferentz is going into year 22 as a head coach.

Frost is going into year 5.

It's a given that one of these guys will have a track record and one will not based on the length of their tenures. That being said, I hope when it's all done people say Kirk Ferentz put a lot of tight ends into the NFL and I hope the same people say that Scott Frost won a lot of Rose Bowls.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT