ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan Johnson

You are making every Iowa fan's point for them and a poster child for the Husker way of thought of many:

You're living deep in the past starting with your screenname. Christ dude, when have the Blackshirts truly the "blackshirts"? 20 years ago? One of the most porous defenses in college football for years resides in Lincoln. Do you also wear bell bottoms, leisure suits, and have a mullet? You're wanting to envision MANY years gone by. This isn't about Iowa, or Ohio State, or Wisconsin-- three schools that have made Nebraska look foolish in recent years (how many games in a row have you lost to these three now?).

Instead, it's an indictment of living in the past--the past that's now 20 years in your rear view mirror. (FYI- Iowa has won more football games over the past 20 years than has Nebraska). Now you're even losing kids in your own back yard to Iowa and Minnesota.

Continue to live in the glory of the past dude.

You completely miss the point. I'm not living in the past, I'm not glorifying that Nebraska had a great history for the sake of glorifying Nebraska. My point is that we don't HAVE to live in the past. We own your ass in perpetuity because of it. Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow. All of it. And there is NOTHING you can do about it because your program never has, isn't now and by the looks of it, never will be capable of doing anything about it.

Iowa's history was so pathetic and it's recent success has been so mediocre (congrats on winning 2 more games over the last 20 years) that no matter how good Iowa MAY be in the future it would take so long for you to even come close to where Nebraska is as a program TODAY that you also have no future worth mentioning at all in context to us no matter what Nebraska does going forward.

You have and continue to suck so bad as a program that next to Nebraska you still have nothing to crow about whether we talk about the past, the present or the next 20+ years.
Iowa is completely irrelevant to not just Nebraska but anything regarding the top echelons of College football and will be for a LONG LONG time, and we (or really anyone else) don't actually have to even do anything for a couple decades to keep it that way.

Oh and putting Iowa in any way in a conversation along side Ohio State may just be the biggest joke of anything you've said.

Iowa fans come out of the woodwork like roaches when they get a verbal from a 3 star recruit, but when a 3 star decommits they go into a meltdown. The comments on the 3 star decommit are hilarious, what a bunch of hypocritical dbags...RollingLaugh

@SWIowahawks

Iowa fans come out of the woodwork like roaches when they get a verbal from a 3 star recruit, but when a 3 star decommits they go into a meltdown. The comments on the 3 star decommit are hilarious, what a bunch of hypocritical dbags...RollingLaugh

@SWIowahawks

Odd, this is from a current players parent who is a friend of the kid that just decommitted. The Keagan Johnson news seems to be really getting to you. Take a step back for a few days and come back better.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Odd, this is from a current players parent who is a friend of the kid that just decommitted. The Keagan Johnson news seems to be really getting to you. Take a step back for a few days and come back better.

I'm not the least bit surprised at people complimenting your fans on handling a L. You guys are great losers, the whole state of Iowa is.

Harrison Phillips article pretty much nails it, if you guys haven’t had a chance to read. If these kids want to come back to the state of Nebraska after their football days are over, not playing at Nebraska could really hurt them career wise. If these kids want to get in sales, How many people in the state are buying insurance from Keegan Johnson the former Husker WR or how many would immediately close the door on buying insurance from Keegan Johnson former Hawkeye WR?
Or giving KJ a job or not giving him a job because of his college choice? Obviously just an example

These kids that leave the state of NE to play ball elsewhere choose to be infamous in the state vs famous in the state. Could really hurt them later in life. But it’s obviously a choice they make and will have to live with for the rest of their life

Harrison gets that now and hell he’s still in the NFL and graduated from Standford. When a kid leaves the state to go to ND and Standford, you kind of understand that there’s a prestigious degree attached to that. But leaving for Iowa or Minnesota, just doesn’t have that. You think anyone in the state gives a crap about if Jeff Tarpinian is eating at the same restaurant you are? You ain’t buying him a beer. But if it’s Ricky Henry, I’m sure you notice

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...0aa3bf21-af6a-5e16-a169-18b6c032e634.amp.html

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
Harrison Phillips article pretty much nails it, if you guys haven’t had a chance to read. If these kids want to come back to the state of Nebraska after their football days are over, not playing at Nebraska could really hurt them career wise. If these kids want to get in sales, How many people in the state are buying insurance from Keegan Johnson the former Husker WR or how many would immediately close the door on buying insurance from Keegan Johnson former Hawkeye WR?
Or giving KJ a job or not giving him a job because of his college choice? Obviously just an example

These kids that leave the state of NE to play ball elsewhere choose to be infamous in the state vs famous in the state. Could really hurt them later in life. But it’s obviously a choice they make and will have to live with for the rest of their life

Harrison gets that now and hell he’s still in the NFL and graduated from Standford. When a kid leaves the state to go to ND and Standford, you kind of understand that there’s a prestigious degree attached to that. But leaving for Iowa or Minnesota, just doesn’t have that. You think anyone in the state gives a crap about if Jeff Tarpinian is eating at the same restaurant you are? You ain’t buying him a beer. But if it’s Ricky Henry, I’m sure you notice

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...0aa3bf21-af6a-5e16-a169-18b6c032e634.amp.html
I don't disagree on the overall premise, but to be fair to Tarpinian/Adam Shada/Seth Olsen, the geniuses in charge at NU at the time chose not to offer them a scholarship. same for the vast majority of future D1/NFL guys from the Millard North pipeline of the early-mid 2000s.

Are they like the Hardvard of the West?

@SWIowahawks
Why do you keep tagging me? I just got off work and read through the thread in our lounge. No one is bashing the kid. Most are saying they aren’t surprised since he had never visited. I came here knowing it would be a topic here. You didn’t disappoint.

Why do you keep tagging me? I just got off work and read through the thread in our lounge. No one is bashing the kid. Most are saying they aren’t surprised since he had never visited. I came here knowing it would be a topic here. You didn’t disappoint.
Lol....a key component to the Iowa fan play book is deflection and denial and you’ve stuck to the playbook perfectly. BTW, it’s not a “topic” here. Unlike the husker board East that routinely has 5 plus threads and many other posts about Nebraska on the first page, it’s rare to find a thread dedicated to Iowa on this board. The Iowa fan base is the trash of message boards everywhere and recognized as such.

Lol....a key component to the Iowa fan play book is deflection and denial and you’ve stuck to the playbook perfectly. BTW, it’s not a “topic” here. Unlike the husker board East that routinely has 5 plus threads and many other posts about Nebraska on the first page, it’s rare to find a thread dedicated to Iowa on this board. The Iowa fan base is the trash of message boards everywhere and recognized as such.
This thread wasn't about them, it was about KJ. Their obsession brought them over here to brag about pig trophies and what not.

What am I deflecting or denying? I’m so confused. If all you’re going to do is troll, you’re going on ignore. Let’s talk football without the grade school bullshit.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Let’s just evaluate where Nebraska’s program is. As of now (this post) you haven’t beaten Iowa in 1,989 days. But hey Iowa “sucks” and you keep losing to them. Makes sense.
200.gif

What am I deflecting or denying? I’m so confused. If all you’re going to do is troll, you’re going on ignore. Let’s talk football without the grade school bullshit.
I’m good with talking football. I already know the Iowa talking points, so if you have something original or unexpected, I’m ready to discuss. I won’t hold my breath.

Reactions: scarletred

How many Fortune 500 companies does Nebraska have compared to Minneapolis?? You’re talking about a sales job after graduation? Lol Dickerson won’t be coming back to Lincoln for employment.

How many Fortune 500 companies does Nebraska have compared to Minneapolis?? You’re talking about a sales job after graduation? Lol Dickerson won’t be coming back to Lincoln for employment.
You’re right. It will be for quality of life reasons.

Reactions: dinglefritz
You’re right. It will be for quality of life reasons.
Yep because Lincoln can really compete with Minneapolis when it comes to quality restaurants, museums, arts, and music scene. Four professional sports teams, lakes, diversity, etc. Lol get real.

Lol get lost.
Well I’m sorry but the idea that a kid may be giving up future employment prospects by leaving Nebraska and going to other places like Minneapolis is preposterous. Or other places in the Big ten as well. It was a bad take.

Yep because Lincoln can really compete with Minneapolis when it comes to quality restaurants, museums, arts, and music scene. Four professional sports teams, lakes, diversity, etc. Lol get real.
Go away troll.

Stoll was the lone upperclassman last year. Volkolek sat out after transferring, Allen and Rafdal were sophomores, and Hickman was a true freshman.

It's still just a room full of 3* and 2* recruits with Hickman (the one Frost TE recruit) being the highest rated guy as the only 5.7 3* , though.

We'll learn an awful lot about the amount of or lack of development of guys this year when 2* Travis Volkolek and 5.6 3* Jack Stoll are probable starters as upperclassmen and likely to be playing with an upperclassman QB.

Chris Hickman was ranked as high as 4 star on one of the top 3 recruiting sites and borderline 4 star on the other 2. He was only a true freshman (like you said) last year that redshirted. He could still be something special. Sounds like he may even start at a WR position this year even. But the rest where indeed mid level 3 star guys. Travis V was a 2 star I believe.

Hickman was ranked a 4 star via ESPN recruiting and 89 ranking via 24/7...

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/230616/chris-hickman

Last edited:
What a tool. Not everybody loves the big city. I currently live in the twin cities, I’ve lived in Orange County, I’ve lived in St Louis. It’s great. But it’s not for everybody.

If Minneapolis is so great why did Lincoln, from 1970-2010, always get better players to come to such a terrible town?

I can’t wait to see how you spin this one.

The Gophers aren’t the toast of the state the way the Huskers are in Nebraska. Let’s not pretend they are ok. We’ve seen your attendance records in Minnesota. Most people give zero F’s about Gopher football. Most fans that came out last season are what we call bandwagon fans. To keep that fan base you gotta keep winning cause the rats will jump ship the second there’s issues

And if your going to criticize my post you could at least have the decency to read the source that I’m referencing to in my post. Harrison states what he thinks about is the opportunities he walked away from, from the state when he went to Stanford. The Bay Area alone has over 2 million people the whole state of Minnesota. Harrison knows there’s opportunities in Palo Alto and now in Buffalo. But he can’t come back to the state, his home, and now have those chances too

But I think the worst part of your dam post is you state “Dickerson won’t be coming back to Lincoln”. Dickerson doesn’t live in Lincoln and to my knowledge he’s never lived in Lincoln numb nuts. So to state “coming back to Lincoln” would imply he once lived their to begin with.

I enjoy constructive criticism but your post was dumb and completely off point. Just go back to your sister and celebrate Mother’s Day with your 5 kids together and enjoy fishing in the 1,000 frozen lakes you have in your state, don’tyaknow what I’m talking a boot.

Last edited:
I’m good with talking football. I already know the Iowa talking points, so if you have something original or unexpected, I’m ready to discuss. I won’t hold my breath.
I’m not holding my breathe that you can look past my screen name and talk football. Heck, I gave inside info on a local recruit and got blasted. I’m allowed to have an opinion on Nebraska football but people take it the wrong name solely because of my screen name and trolls. If I see someone post wrong info about Iowa, I’m going to correct it. Just as I want Husker fans correcting me if I’m wrong about something Nebraska related.

So either ignore me or have a conversation without back handed comments about Iowa. I don’t do the same.

Iowa fans are the equivalent of Colorado fans (except Colorado has a legit national championship)

Minnesota fans are the equivalent of Kansas State fans

Ohio State fans are the equivalent of Texas fans

Michigan probably close to A&M, living in the shadows of Texas/tOSU

whose our Oklahoma? A rival we hate but respect?

Iowa fans are the equivalent of Colorado fans (except Colorado has a legit national championship)

Minnesota fans don’t dislike Nebraska like K-State fans did..

Minnesota hates iowa and Wisconsin fans..

And a Sparty fan told me Michigan fans are uppity and snotty like texass fans..

Wisconsin is as close as we’ll get to Oklahoma I would guess, they just don’t have the success OU did.

I’m not holding my breathe that you can look past my screen name and talk football. Heck, I gave inside info on a local recruit and got blasted. I’m allowed to have an opinion on Nebraska football but people take it the wrong name solely because of my screen name and trolls. If I see someone post wrong info about Iowa, I’m going to correct it. Just as I want Husker fans correcting me if I’m wrong about something Nebraska related.

So either ignore me or have a conversation without back handed comments about Iowa. I don’t do the same.
Lol....the next time I read an original thought about Nebraska football from an Iowa fan will be the first time. When you’re ready to go away from the Iowa fan playbook, I’m ready to talk football. Glad we can provide you a forum for your voice to be heard and to correct us when we are wrong. Your trash message board fan base on the husker board East are not as accommodating....

Minnesota fans don’t dislike Nebraska like K-State fans did..

Minnesota hates iowa and Wisconsin fans..

And a Sparty fan told me Michigan fans are uppity and snotty like texass fans..
We probably shouldn't judge most Minnesota fans negatively just because a couple of them have come on here and looked ridiculous by beating their chests and bragging after one good season. Every fan base has a few idiots I guess.

Wisconsin?

Reactions: spinner4

Iowa sucks.

Reactions: gw2kpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT