ADVERTISEMENT

Just read James Franklins comments…

They only wave at the white kids and only boo the black players.
That assistant coach who flopped should be suspended and KKKirk should learn to shut his pie hole. He doesn’t need to come off as a cry baby bitch every time he feels slighted.
But that assistant coach is black so if we suspend him it just confirms how racist we are!!

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Incorrect.

The coach pretending to be hurt did that act while a PSU defensive player was hurt and on the ground.

What do you have to say about that?

You mean the same player who came running off the field, high fiving his team mates only to return the very next play? That injured player?

For shit's sake, Nebraska has had multiple opponent use the fake injury BS to slow us down at times. I'm sure there was booing in the stadium, if maybe not at the Iowa level. Whatever. I long for the days of stoic coaches that didn't whine about everything. Also, Iowa's coaches are a bunch of morons that should show some class just in case they ever win something of importance.

Why would anyone try to slow Iowa down? Trying to take a nap between plays?

If it's unsportsmanship then they should be penalized as there's a rule against that. No call means it OK.
You realize that the "unsportsmanlike conduct" penalty, and the concept of "sportsmanship" aren't necessarily the same thing, right? Game officials can't be expected to determine if someone is faking an injury, but that doesn't make it "ok".

Reactions: huskers360
You mean the same player who came running off the field, high fiving his team mates only to return the very next play? That injured player?
Yes, what punishment do you think your coach should face for that? Be honest.

Remember, he saw an opposing player get hurt, had no idea if he was hurt or the severity of it (by the way, lots of guys get dinged up for a play and return and lots of guys high five).

He fell down just moments after the injured PSU player, so clearly he doesn't know how bad it is at that point. It is more than fair to say that it can take time to figure out just how serious an injury is, which I am sure you agree with. Remember that for years a concussion was just "getting your bell rung" now we know that it can actually lead to death.

So, in your honest opinion, what should the consequence be?

Reactions: jmliehr
They only wave at the white kids and only boo the black players.
That assistant coach who flopped should be suspended and KKKirk should learn to shut his pie hole. He doesn’t need to come off as a cry baby bitch every time he feels slighted.

This whole thing was started by Franklin and his post game comments. Ferentz was then asked about it in his presser on Monday to which he gave his 30 second response. Franklin then came out the next day with his hand written 5 minute speech and Ferentz is the cry baby?

This whole thing was started by Franklin and his post game comments. Ferentz was then asked about it in his presser on Monday to which he gave his 30 second response. Franklin then came out the next day with his hand written 5 minute speech and Ferentz is the cry baby?
See, this is why I like some of the Iowa posters, they will admit it, they admit that their coach is a crybaby.

I will cut you some slack, I think both coaches are crying, not just Kirk.

Yes, what punishment do you think your coach should face for that? Be honest.

Remember, he saw an opposing player get hurt, had no idea if he was hurt or the severity of it (by the way, lots of guys get dinged up for a play and return and lots of guys high five).

He fell down just moments after the injured PSU player, so clearly he doesn't know how bad it is at that point. It is more than fair to say that it can take time to figure out just how serious an injury is, which I am sure you agree with. Remember that for years a concussion was just "getting your bell rung" now we know that it can actually lead to death.

So, in your honest opinion, what should the consequence be?

Ferentz should tell him not to do that again. There you go. Why do you care? Honestly. It has been said by several that the player in question, #17, was seen looking back at his coaches, and then proceeded to fall down. I couldn't give a rats ass.

See, this is why I like some of the Iowa posters, they will admit it, they admit that their coach is a crybaby.

I will cut you some slack, I think both coaches are crying, not just Kirk.

Kirk was asked a question, and answered. Franklin is the one crying. You know the phrase, thou doth protest too much. Well, if the shoe fits. Also, maybe you should quit throwing stones in that glass house of yours.

Ferentz should tell him not to do that again. There you go. Why do you care? Honestly. It has been said by several that the player in question, #17, was seen looking back at his coaches, and then proceeded to fall down. I couldn't give a rats ass.
If you don't care, why are you here, posting and replying about the topic you don't care about?

Question II: If Kirk tells him that AND that coach does it again, what should the consequence be?

Reactions: Lets Go Brandon
Kirk was asked a question, and answered. Franklin is the one crying. You know the phrase, thou doth protest too much. Well, if the shoe fits. Also, maybe you should quit throwing stones in that glass house of yours.
You just said "And Kirk is the crybaby"

And how did you know my house was made of all glass?

As frustrating as this is (I think Indiana had 436 separate 'injuries' when we played them a couple years ago) I would much rather see us use this to our advantage (do it a lot) vs. the conference passing a rule against it fir the refs to enforce.

Reason? They'll pass a rule. It'll go into the rulebook. 5 years will pass without it ever being called, even though every team has injuries every game. Nobody remembers it's a rule.

Fast forward to the night before the Nebraska / Michigan game 2027. One of the refs is reading her rulebook and comes across the rule. It becomes a point of discussion with the crew on game day, who decide that today's as good a day as any to test it out.

Nebraska's first injury occurs on a play where our safety makes an INT in the red zone.

Flagged. INT overturned and half the distance to the goal. Michigan punches it in next play. Injured player is ultimately determined to have a torn ACL. Too bad for us. They thought he was faking.

Piles of waterhead Iowa fans fire up their Gateway 2000's and brownout the dial up servers -- tripping all over themselves to rush in here and remind everyone this is, in fact, a rule.

Game ends with us losing by two points when Adrian Martinez, in his 10th year of eligibility due to covid -- scrambles instead of clocking the ball on the 10 yard line with no timeouts. He fights valiantly for the extra yard instead of throwing the incompletion, time expires as he makes it to the 9.
POTY

James Franklin is low rent. Kirk sure likes to not let it lie and move on which tells me he is even lower rent. Iowa fans have been scum of the earth for years. In short, there is no good vs evil in this pissing match, only a bunch of jackasses.
While I generally agree, this particular poster has been respectful while still defending his team. I can respect that.

Reactions: barney44
As frustrating as this is (I think Indiana had 436 separate 'injuries' when we played them a couple years ago) I would much rather see us use this to our advantage (do it a lot) vs. the conference passing a rule against it fir the refs to enforce.

Reason? They'll pass a rule. It'll go into the rulebook. 5 years will pass without it ever being called, even though every team has injuries every game. Nobody remembers it's a rule.

Fast forward to the night before the Nebraska / Michigan game 2027. One of the refs is reading her rulebook and comes across the rule. It becomes a point of discussion with the crew on game day, who decide that today's as good a day as any to test it out.

Nebraska's first injury occurs on a play where our safety makes an INT in the red zone.

Flagged. INT overturned and half the distance to the goal. Michigan punches it in next play. Injured player is ultimately determined to have a torn ACL. Too bad for us. They thought he was faking.

Piles of waterhead Iowa fans fire up their Gateway 2000's and brownout the dial up servers -- tripping all over themselves to rush in here and remind everyone this is, in fact, a rule.

Game ends with us losing by two points when Adrian Martinez, in his 10th year of eligibility due to covid -- scrambles instead of clocking the ball on the 10 yard line with no timeouts. He fights valiantly for the extra yard instead of throwing the incompletion, time expires as he makes it to the 9.
Love your name

Reactions: Lets Go Brandon
James Franklin used offensive players in his examples. No one on offense got boo’d. Kirk even acknowledged that some of the defensive injuries were legit and he hopes those guys are ok. It’s the handful of guys that went out for one play or two, right after big Iowa plays.
bush league quote by a bush league coach being applauded by a bush league fan

In other news, water is wet

Who cares. What pansies we've all become.
And yeah, fake injuries and get away with it? Good on them!
Any edge you can get, get it.

A few things tho,

But but but Iowa runs a slow offense. It doesn't need to be slowed.
Because momentum is momentum. And it's actually the kind of O you would fake injuries for, since you won't have to do it as much!
Who would fake injuries vs an uptempo O? You would be doing it all game! That would make no sense.

But but but why have your best players do it?
Because sending in a scrub who then takes a fall wouldn't look suspicious at all. I would also guess that should faking be a plan, it would be up to the leaders on the team to do so, and when to do it.

Did anyone notice coaches huddling and taking advantage during these injuries?

But the big question is:
How come I can post on this board but not my own?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT