ADVERTISEMENT

Just a thought, Iowa state needs a game too

If Nebraska needs to play for a 6 win and Akron isn’t in the MAC championship game more than likely they will play on Dec 1st in Lincoln...

Reactions: newAD
If we end up needing one more win to become bowl eligible after the season, just pay Northern Iowa to come in on December 1st. Frost and Chinander used to work there for their head coach.

I think there is a good chance we play someone on December 1. We can always do what Florida State did last year and pay an fcs school to come here. I would prefer Akron however.

Somebody down south is bound to have a game or two canceled because of hurricanes and/or tropical depressions. Draw up a list of teams that have Oct. 27 as an open date and pay attention to the weather. Then keep track of 1) FBS teams that are eliminated from conference title game consideration, putting Akron at the top of that list while also contacting indepedents; and 2) FCS teams that are eliminated from playoff consideration; and set aside a home date for Dec. 1. Offer to pay $1.5 million if the game is played or not (should NU make the B1G title game). Start making calls.

Here are a few teams that match our bye week... take out OSU, UM and Troy... a couple tests still in the group!!

Week 9 (Oct. 27): Alabama, Ohio State, Auburn, Michigan, LSU, UCF, Memphis, Troy

Here are a few teams that match our bye week... take out OSU, UM and Troy... a couple tests still in the group!!

Week 9 (Oct. 27): Alabama, Ohio State, Auburn, Michigan, LSU, UCF, Memphis, Troy

the problem is that unless those teams have a cancelled game, they already have 12 games on their schedule so none of them would be able to play us. You cant just go by open dates, you have to see if they already have 12 games on their schedule if they do the are a no go..unless like I said they happen to get a game cancelled at some point in the season.

the problem is that unless those teams have a cancelled game, they already have 12 games on their schedule so none of them would be able to play us. You cant just go by open dates, you have to see if they already have 12 games on their schedule if they do the are a no go..unless like I said they happen to get a game cancelled at some point in the season.

Teams that have an OOC game scheduled with Hawaii are allowed to play an extra game during the season. Maybe one of those teams has an opening?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT