ADVERTISEMENT

Just a reminder that Matt Rhule was…

The Minnesota game looked exactly like Frost. Colorado too. Thank goodness we could handle NIU and La Tech
Yes some very dumb play calls by the coaches but I’m sticking with we need more players that want to win on this team.

There are still too many that expect to lose. Too many players that repeat silly mistakes. Too many players that can’t get it done. Thankfully some will be moving on. Wouldn’t be too soon and I really hate saying this. We also need some real difference makers on this team. Hopefully some actual talent can see the field sooner than later.

Last edited:
Reactions: c3o
Very tough hole, indeed.

There are cultural advantages other schools have that Nebraska simply won't ever have. No recruit remembers the 90s, and even if they did, they're not enamored with Wisconsin on steroids.

Texas is a cool place to live. Oregon is a cool place to live. Washington is a cool place to live.
The reasons kids are attracted to those schools is because they have cool uniform rotations, sit on prime locations, and have recent histories of successful Heisman winners/conference championships.

That doesn't mean Nebraska can't ever be good again, it just means I highly doubt that Rhule is capable of being anywhere above average in a conference that's going to include 5 teams liable to finish in the top 10.

He needs another Mickey Joseph, someone who can make Nebraska seem like a sexy location to talented skill players.

Not sure how cool Mickey Joseph was to anyone outside of Nebraska. But I get what you're saying. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried that everything you said might not be the case.

Texas is not cool and sprawling, brown, flat, drab, concrete, metroplex Dallas is not nice. Texas is the bung-hole of the nation and is good only for flushing.

Unpopular take but Texas is just a larger, more populated Nebraska with less Corn... Moved here in 2017 and it's like I'm still living at Home, minus the 10 hr Drive to Lincoln

Carolina - the team gave up on him while he stuck out as long as he could. I guess it could be argued but whatever.

I'm just not going to use dogma to remain patient for 3 years. Feel free to criticize me... once bitten, twice shy
I agree. I'm not going to fall for some "Emperor Has No Clothes" con like Frost boosters tried to sell for 4+ years - "He's building something really special - you just can't see it yet". Basically, I hope to see some tangible signs of progress in year two.

Reactions: c3o
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT