ADVERTISEMENT

Just a reminder that Matt Rhule was…

Fair, but he’s not in Texas where athletes fall out of sky. Their 40th or 50th recruit would be our top recruit. Just the facts.
bunny-positive.gif

Rhule is our man and we need to accept this is going to take time.

Having said that, I stopped watching mid-2nd quarter Saturday. I know that I am EXTREMELY lucky to have been born in 1970 and never experience less than a 9 win season until I was in my 30s, but I just can't take watching us get beat down anymore. Call me a fair weather fan, but one needs to recognize what is and is not good for his mental health. :oops:

Dude better get a QB and some OL, otherwise all the other shit won’t matter.
If he doesn’t recognize that we don’t have the QB to take us to the next level then we will have a bust of a coach again.
Year one was going to be a transition so we shall see what he does this off-season to fix issues. We really need 2 new QBs to come in along with Kaelin.

I get so tired of the recruiting argument... NIL has changed the game... Especially now that NU is in a Mega conference where teams literally span the country from East to West... If places like KSU/KU/CU/NDSU can be successful then so can NU... especially with the facilities, money and fan support... The "we can't get recruits" argument is just so tiresome and overplayed

I get so tired of the recruiting argument... NIL has changed the game... Especially now that NU is in a Mega conference where teams literally span the country from East to West... If places like KSU/KU/CU/NDSU can be successful then so can NU... especially with the facilities, money and fan support... The "we can't get recruits" argument is just so tiresome and overplayed
100%. Another perfect example would be looking at Texas. They have won more than 8 games once in the last 10 years and that team has consistently been loaded with highly rated talent.

2013 - 8-5​
2014 - 6-7​
2015 - 5-7​
2016 - 5-7​
2017 - 7-6​
2018 - 10-4​
2019 - 8-5​
2020 - 7-3​
2021 - 5-7​
2022 - 8-5​

They were 5-7 their first year under Sarkisian and two years later he has them looking like a legit top 5 team. You can have tons of talent and great recruiting classes

I don't disagree, but am also getting a little tired of these threads. Those predisposed to doubt will continue to do so until the team actually steps on the field and doesn't defecate in their pants. Similarly, the posts/threads declaring Rhule a failure are not changing my mind until he proves he doesn't know how to address the myriad issues that have plagued the program for years now. He gets some time to do that. I see some improvements, i.e. penalties are actually relatively low compared to previous head coaches in their first year.

If he doesn’t recognize that we don’t have the QB to take us to the next level then we will have a bust of a coach again.
Year one was going to be a transition so we shall see what he does this off-season to fix issues. We really need 2 new QBs to come in along with Kaelin.
We need some WRs badly too.

Reactions: saluno22 and pascal
Only on Game 5 of the Rhule era. Got to have a little patience. I know it's hard after 5 years of Scott Frost.

2-10 in year 1 at Temple

1-11 in year 1 at Baylor

Don’t despair. Saturday’s beatdown surely brought the problems we face into focus for him.

I think Rhule is smart enough to succeed if he’s smart enough to figure out how to recruit to Nebraska. I think he has a good system, I think he’s detail oriented, a hard worker, smart, authentic and adaptable. But can he bring in the talent necessary to succeed? He has all/most of the qualities you want in a leader, if he can figure out how to recruit to Nebraska, he will meet and/or exceed all our expectations.

He needs some running backs, and receivers too.

i totally forgot that rhules teams suck and then year 3 they win double digit games. if only people had said this over and over during the off season for me to prepare for the inevitable wasted season.
As long as there are people who are constantly pissing and moaning about the lost season, there will be people reminding you of Rhule’s track history. Not sure why this is a surprise.

I don't think that this is the best that Matt Rhule can do.
However, this was the best that Frost could do.

He gaslight us about Sims.

Reactions: Dylman
e
As long as there are people who are constantly pissing and moaning about the lost season, there will be people reminding you of Rhule’s track history. Not sure why this is a surprise.
if we are citing his track record for year 1-2 expectations, that is fine, as long as the goal posts aren’t moved in year 3 when 10-11 wins become the expectation

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT