ADVERTISEMENT

Joel gets it.

drubendall

Assistant Head Coach
Apr 18, 2004
How to turn around a program. Maybe we've suffered long enough.

This video is very little to do about Kansas despite the title. The second half is especially good. Give it a watch.

Definitely talking to us. I like Klatt, always good content and not a blowhard like most analysts. I can’t help but wonder why he has such a positive reflection of NU being a CU alum.
Well, good point you have there! He himself, said he spent all his life battling Nebraska as a kid and a player! There is respect in his words and he is also a professional analyst! We need to rebuild our lines, both sides of the ball! As fans we tend just to carry our bias over into our views! His job is to evaluate and provide information and opinions on the show! He is a professional and I admire that!

Nothing revolutionary here. Football programs are a business and need business leaders to succeed. This is a basic business plan that every program should have. Frost didn't. NU needs a coach who knows how to build a business and put the necessary players in the proper place. Frost didn't. Your coach needs to see the full picture of a program, Frost didn't. TA has shown he is willing to run the athletic department as a business, the same as he did at UNO. There were programs that cost the university money and could not be the marketing department of the university. The hockey program is now the flagship program for the marketing department is has been successful.

All Klatt has said is that you need a business leader with a strong business plan. They need to understand the inner workings of what makes a football program successful and then get the right working parts; players and coaches. Find that person who understands business and who happens to be a football coach.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Definitely talking to us. I like Klatt, always good content and not a blowhard like most analysts. I can’t help but wonder why he has such a positive reflection of NU being a CU alum.
He beat us as Colorado's QB according to a comment his colleague made during the OU game. Is that true?

Nothing revolutionary here. Football programs are a business and need business leaders to succeed. This is a basic business plan that every program should have. Frost didn't. NU needs a coach who knows how to build a business and put the necessary players in the proper place. Frost didn't. Your coach needs to see the full picture of a program, Frost didn't. TA has shown he is willing to run the athletic department as a business, the same as he did at UNO. There were programs that cost the university money and could not be the marketing department of the university. The hockey program is now the flagship program for the marketing department is has been successful.

All Klatt has said is that you need a business leader with a strong business plan. They need to understand the inner workings of what makes a football program successful and then get the right working parts; players and coaches. Find that person who understands business and who happens to be a football coach.
His comments about the three levels of recruiting were pretty good. I don't know how Nebraska was functioning at any of these, other than we lost a lot of kids to the portal.

He stuck around long enough at Ohio State and Florida to win national titles. Compared to a guy like Rhule who's jumped around a lot, Urban would provide more stability imo.
Urban likes to build and not necessarily maintain. A lot of CEOs are like that. As long as he builds us up and puts in the next coach to maintain, I’m good with it. But I just don’t see him coming here. Even though this would be a perfect build project for a guy like him

He beat us as Colorado's QB according to a comment his colleague made during the OU game. Is that true?
CU beat Nebraska in Klatt's junior year, which was the first year of the Callahan regime. Nebraska beat the Buffs his other two seasons as QB.

Vedral was a transfer. Not excusing Frosts piss poor recruiting efforts. Anytime you are too drunk to go to an inhome visit of a legacy 5 star QB you derserve to be left off the plane.
Not to split hairs, BUT... Vedral came to NU with Frost from UCF. The portal did not officially exist till Oct. 2018. I looked it up for the first 3 years, 2018-2020, and a total of 7 players transferred in. 2018 Darion Daniels; 2019 Vokolec, Noa, Nouii; 2020 Ezra Miller, Jared Bubak, Conner Culp.

Vedral was a transfer. Not excusing Frosts piss poor recruiting efforts. Anytime you are too drunk to go to an inhome visit of a legacy 5 star QB you derserve to be left off the plane.

Who was the 5 star legacy? I haven't been too engaged with our Huskers in the last year and especially recruiting, like a lot of fans I'm guessing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT