ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Long's exit at Arkansas opens up an enticing next step for Bret Bielema

Bret - NO!!!! Wife - YESSS!!!!!

5.JPG

Reactions: headcard
I would be happy as a clam with Bielema. And so would everyone else on this site after his 1st season here.

Like we were all happy with Bo when he was winning 9 games each season?

So you haven't used Google lately I see. I won't hold that against you. If someone reminded you that Bielema beat Bo 70-31 in the championship would that help you out?

I do not know for certain, but I think he's thinking big and is willing to pay big. Others have mentioned guys like Chris Petersen, so I'd actually be shocked if we land someone like that. I applaud him for trying.

The Huskers have no chance in getting Petersen. When I told my U Dub alum little brother he just laughed and laughed. Petersen played at UC Davis then coached at Oregon, Portland State, one year at Pittsburgh, Boise and UW. Have you all forgotten how long it took any school to get him out of Boise?

I kind of struggle with my faith in fellow man on a lot of levels, but I try to channel that into NOT being that guy that shatters life for people...so yeah, I get it!

Spartan, I don't know about you, but my faith in my fellow man has been shattered over the last few days. If it isn't paranoid people coming out of the woodwork accusing me of lying about a text I Cut and Pasted from my friend, it's people completely forgetting what Bielema's teams did to us in Madison in 2011 and in the B1G Championship in 2012. Just mind-boggling.

Jim Mora brought UCLA into our house and beat Pelini like a piñata. I think they ended the game scoring 40 unanswered. Doesn’t mean he should be our next coach.

Bielema is getting run out of his current job on a rail same as Riley.

So you haven't used Google lately I see. I won't hold that against you. If someone reminded you that Bielema beat Bo 70-31 in the championship would that help you out?

So what would happen in his first year here to make everyone on this site happy as a clam?

I kind of struggle with my faith in fellow man on a lot of levels, but I try to channel that into NOT being that guy that shatters life for people...so yeah, I get it!

I find it hard to believe that you would have any part of shattering someone's life. We both know you're not THAT guy.

I deleted my post. No need to belabor a point. I can't change the way others think.

Jim Mora brought UCLA into our house and beat Pelini like a piñata. I think they ended the game scoring 40 unanswered. Doesn’t mean he should be our next coach.

Bielema is getting run out of his current job on a rail same as Riley.

Do you people live in a vacuum or something? Did you sleep through the last decade of college football?

Bert's recruiting class is ranked 61st this year, despite coaching at an SEC program surrounded by major recruiting states like Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. The best recruiting class he's pulled in there was 24th.

The Huskers have no chance in getting Petersen. When I told my U Dub alum little brother he just laughed and laughed. Petersen played at UC Davis then coached at Oregon, Portland State, one year at Pittsburgh, Boise and UW. Have you all forgotten how long it took any school to get him out of Boise?

I completely agree, zero chance. I only threw his name out there to give people an idea of the stature of some his targets might be.

Gary Anderson did pretty well at Wisconsin .. he is available

in all seriousness .. the pickings might be pretty slim if Frost isn't the guy

as I have been saying no high level coach is going to want a gig where the fan based is pissed at the hire before the first game is even played ... Moos might need to extend his list well beyond a top 5 if Frost says no thanks

How many coaches flame out at a lesser school in a situation where all the experts thought they were perfectly set up to succeed and then get hired at an even better school and succeed? Nobody. The idea that Bret Bielema somehow has some magic formula for winning in the B1G that he didn't have for winning in the SEC is ridiculous. His relative success at Wisconsin was all about Wisconsin, not about the B1G. That should be obvious by the fact they haven't missed a beat since he left. No chance whatsoever he ends up here because we aren't that stupid.

Remind me again...where did these numbers come from?
The most grossly overrated conference in the country that was built up by ESPN hype thanks to a multi-billion dollar deal between the two entities.

Also, being in the $EC doesn't have much to do with losing to Toledo & Rutgers, and having 1 point wins over Louisiana Tech and Coastal Carolina. And the team has been getting progressively worse over the last 3 years despite the conference getting worse as well.

Do you people live in a vacuum or something? Did you sleep through the last decade of college football?

I’m wondering the same thing about you. Bielema once upon a time beat Pelini’s ass, joining a long line of coaches accomplishing that feat.

He then took his show away from Wisconsin, which did not miss him one bit.

He took his show to Arkansas. A program which had recent success prior to him getting there.

And ran it into the ground.

And got his AD fired.

And is going to get fired.

He has lost big to good teams. He has lost to multiple non SEC shitty teams. He has competed for jack squat.

All of this happened in the last decade. It’s happening right now.

Did you sleep through that? Coma? What?

Gary Anderson did well at Wisconsin. And had to quit his current gig. Paul Chryst did OK at Pitt. And is now doing well at Wisconsin. Bielema did well at Wisconsin and has run his current program into the ditch

That’s a lot more recent than his success at Wisconsin. And is a hell of a lot more relevant. Cause it is who he is right now, not a decade ago.

Last edited:
If Moos hires BB, almost surely I will get banned again for repeatedly saying BB isn't the answer.
If Moos hires BB, almost surely I will get banned again for repeatedly saying BB isn't the answer.
I gotta ask.... what is the first thing you do in the morning: Frosturbate or pat yourself on the back? I seriously think we need you to lead the search for our next coach. It would be guaranteed a success.

BB sucks.

Any coach who coaches at Wisconsin with Barry there will have some consistency. Just goes to show what quality leadership can accomplish.

BB no longer has that leadership from Barry A.... This is what you get.

He'll no to Buttheads dad.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
If we're going off past performance instead of current performance, there's a guy coaching in a non-P5 conference right now making 500k. Low buyout.

His resume includes:

* A conference title in a P-5 conference
* A Heisman winner
* An appearance in the BCS national title game
* A .750 winning percentage as head coach at a P-5 school
* Beat Texas
* Ties to Nebraska
* Not a prick
* Could probably be had for cheap

Reactions: Sinomatic
Seriously, you say??? I listen to your business all the time, never trash it, I put forth an incredibly plausible thought(BIG 10 Coach, crushed us numerous times and I'M the nutty one?

Seriously?????
He would Pelini part II IMO. We just had an obnoxious surly coach. Don't need another. On top of that he's failing miserably now without Alvarez's help. We don't need a loser like him and I do think he's a loser. I thought that even when he was winning some games at Wisconsin.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT