ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Long's exit at Arkansas opens up an enticing next step for Bret Bielema

I agree that he would be a good consolation prize...but I think Frost to Nebraska is close to being a done deal.

I think BB ends up back in the Big soon--just not at Nebraska.

Why would he be welcomed? If we had no choice but to take him then he's not a bad option by any means but he's certainly not as good as some think he is.

Reactions: FrostTroll
Bielema?
I agree that he would be a good consolation prize...but I think Frost to Nebraska is close to being a done deal.

I think BB ends up back in the Big soon--just not at Nebraska.
A good consolation prize? You gotta be kidding me! And where is hiring a coach that'll probably get canned at Arkansas a good move? Sick

Reactions: HuskerDana
Sorry to type this but God that would be funny from a Hawkeye fan perspective to see him on your sideline knowing he has a Hawkeye tattoo on his ankle. But that aside he's a damn good coach, and I know he's not your first (or maybe not second) choice, but you could do a lot worse (Riley), especially if he could bring in good recruits.

Sorry to type this but God that would be funny from a Hawkeye fan perspective to see him on your sideline knowing he has a Hawkeye tattoo on his ankle. But that aside he's a damn good coach, and I know he's not your first (or maybe not second) choice, but you could do a lot worse (Riley), especially if he could bring in good recruits.

No thanks.

Would be a perfect fit imo.He knows how to win in the BIG (never has had a losing season in the BIG). Plus, he just looks and sounds like a Nebraska guy.

Homerun hire for the Huskies

Why do we have to settle for others trash? Is Arkansas better than us? Do we strive to be Arkansas?

A lot of really good coaches have bad stints..Arkansas was never a good fit.

Again...not saying he is top of the list...but there are worse hires than a guy that won 74% of his games at Wisky and went to 3 straight Rose Bowl's before leaving for Arky.

I believe (for a very good reason) that Frost will be next head coach at Nebraska and he will awake the sleeping giant.

Would be a perfect fit imo.He knows how to win in the BIG (never has had a losing season in the BIG). Plus, he just looks and sounds like a Nebraska guy.

Homerun hire for the Huskies

We aren't the Huskies for one, we don't want him, and our fall back plan is a native son who is having a heckuva season at some stepping stone, commuter school in Orlando. You better hope the top few guys decline.

We aren't the Huskies for one, we don't want him, and our fall back plan is a native son who is having a heckuva season at some stepping stone, commuter school in Orlando. You better hope the top few guys decline.
Frost is a fallback plan if the top few guys decline? Are you suggesting that Frost isn't even number 2 or 3 on Moos' list?

Last edited:
Frost is a fallback plan if the top few guys decline? Are you suggesting that Frost isn't even number 2 or 3 on Moos' list?

That's what many are saying, and based on Moos' comments himself about aiming sky high and shooting for the fences, I am starting to believe it. I have no inside info, just a lot of conflicting info out there.

The guy on the left? Pass.

2cSMzANh.jpg

Absolutely no BB! No losing record hires AGAIN! BB did good just like every other HC at Wisconsin does good, because they put the lotion on its skin when Barry tells them to. They do what they're told!

If he's got a Hawkeye tatt on his ankle I know where he'd fit in well....in fact he might be just what Iowa needs.

Navy's offense and head coach would be so dang fun to watch in Memorial if Moos cannot convince Scott to come home.

Stoops is a ridiculous but very interesting proposition.

Les Miles would have been a neat idea for interim head coach if they were going to cut Riley short just for the rest of the season, but I wouldn't want him long term.

Chip Kelly would be fan freaking tastic imho.

Reactions: Cosmoc
That's what many are saying, and based on Moos' comments himself about aiming sky high and shooting for the fences, I am starting to believe it. I have no inside info, just a lot of conflicting info out there.
Who are you thinking he starts with? And can they be landed?

Can we please stop hiring guys that are getting fired from their current head coaching position?

We just did that. Turned out great.

Bielema just cost his AD his job. Took a team not far removed from top5/top 10 to Riley-like levels in a few years.

Think Moos is in line for that?

Last edited:
Preach. It would be easy to find other things to do on Fall Saturdays. If that piece of human garbage gets hired, I will laugh my ass off. We are told Moos knows so much and is so good, f him too if he hires head hog.

Who are you thinking he starts with? And can they be landed?

I do not know for certain, but I think he's thinking big and is willing to pay big. Others have mentioned guys like Chris Petersen, so I'd actually be shocked if we land someone like that. I applaud him for trying.

I do not know for certain, but I think he's thinking big and is willing to pay big. Others have mentioned guys like Chris Petersen, so I'd actually be shocked if we land someone like that. I applaud him for trying.
Got to like aiming high, as long as you can keep it quiet. It can turn into a mess when you get turned down in public repeatedly.

ADVERTISEMENT