ADVERTISEMENT

JD Spielman is on pace to shatter some records

tenor.gif
^ good movie ^

Reactions: headcard
Turned around I would say is 8 to 9 win seasons. Winning big is when you are going to Indy. Winning at the national level is the playoff.

OK, got it. If we make it to the B1G championship game it is considered "winning big."

id have to guess when this happens, you won’t need someone to tell you. You will just know. That’s assuming you understand football and all that though. I’m not sure how long it will take us to win “BIG” but I guarantee Frost will have us competing in the next few years and winning games we are supposed to.

uh, I wasn't setting the standard of "winning big" the OP was and I wanted to know what that looked like to him. When your team hasn't won much for 20 years, that could look differently for different people. Is it a winning season, playing for the league title, being ranked in the top 10, winning a major bowl game, or getting to the playoffs?

The last thing I would need is for you to tell me anything, especially about football.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
uh, I wasn't setting the standard of "winning big" the OP was and I wanted to know what that looked like to him. When your team hasn't won much for 20 years, that could look differently for different people. Is it a winning season, playing for the league title, being ranked in the top 10, winning a major bowl game, or getting to the playoffs?

The last thing I would need is for you to tell me anything, especially about football.

Ok buddy, all is good. Like you, I was making a point, I was making a point back that if we did win big, I’m pretty sure you would know it and wouldn’t need to be told about it. But then again, maybe someone would have to tell you about it.

Ok buddy, all is good. Like you, I was making a point, I was making a point back that if we did win big, I’m pretty sure you would know it and wouldn’t need to be told about it. But then again, maybe someone would have to tell you about it.

So what exactly was your point? There is another thread started about what a successful season would look like. Everyone has a different idea. At the beginning of this year I was seeing many predictions of division champs and even a playoff team. I don’t predict wins/losses but I do watch teams intently, the little things tell the story of how the big picture will play out. People tend to only look at their team in making predictions, I have to know what the other team has because, well, it is relevant.

I don’t need to worry about someone telling me, I am sure you will be along to take care of that.

So what exactly was your point? There is another thread started about what a successful season would look like. Everyone has a different idea. At the beginning of this year I was seeing many predictions of division champs and even a playoff team. I don’t predict wins/losses but I do watch teams intently, the little things tell the story of how the big picture will play out. People tend to only look at their team in making predictions, I have to know what the other team has because, well, it is relevant.

I don’t need to worry about someone telling me, I am sure you will be along to take care of that.

Just messing with you buddy, just the same thing you do to guys like that. Nothing more and nothing less. I’m taking a positive and hopeful stand while you’re taking the world is falling apart and everyone sucks stance. Fun isn’t it? When you can’t make a simple post or reply without someone jumping all over you back or messing with you?

Just messing with you buddy, just the same thing you do to guys like that. Nothing more and nothing less. I’m taking a positive and hopeful stand while you’re taking the world is falling apart and everyone sucks stance. Fun isn’t it? When you can’t make a simple post or reply without someone jumping all over you back or messing with you?

Fair enough. I guess you like messing with people? So a realistic view of the team and program is not allowed? I have never managed a school, business or nonprofit without looking at the reality of the situation and doing whats needed to fix it. I also guess that 4 win seasons are ok?

Are you guys forgetting his dad is nfl gm of Vikings? If his dad contract is renewed, you might as well consider jd will leave. He could fill 3rd for Vikings and return game

Are you guys forgetting his dad is nfl gm of Vikings? If his dad contract is renewed, you might as well consider jd will leave. He could fill 3rd for Vikings and return game

It's not a forgone conclusion he will be back or go to the NFL/grad transfer. If he graduated next month it would be a different story but doesn't graduate until the spring. He would need to graduate to transfer, meaning he wouldn't get spring ball at any other program besides Nebraska.

It's not a forgone conclusion he will be back or go to the NFL/grad transfer. If he graduated next month it would be a different story but doesn't graduate until the spring. He would need to graduate to transfer, meaning he wouldn't get spring ball at any other program besides Nebraska.

So basically like Kanawai Noa? You know joining the new team in the summer after graduation and immediately becoming a starter and contributor.

So basically like Kanawai Noa? You know joining the new team in the summer after graduation and immediately becoming a starter and contributor.
IF after 2 years under Frost he's unhappy and he doesn't have any friends he wants to stick with, then he should just leave. I get the impression that his dad maybe encouraged him to stick it out when Riley was fired.

Reactions: headcard
IF after 2 years under Frost he's unhappy and he doesn't have any friends he wants to stick with, then he should just leave. I get the impression that his dad maybe encouraged him to stick it out when Riley was fired.

His dad is very important factor. Jd was adopted by the spielman family & let's just say due to trauma before being adopted is why jd is so quiet. Like when I say Trauma, kids come from families that aren't very good. Jd is very lucky he was adopted by nfl hierarchy Spielman family. It's rumored in Minnesota, his dad wants him back in Minnesota, closer to family and to make sure JD doesn't get too lonely

His dad is very important factor. Jd was adopted by the spielman family & let's just say due to trauma before being adopted is why jd is so quiet. Like when I say Trauma, kids come from families that aren't very good. Jd is very lucky he was adopted by nfl hierarchy Spielman family. It's rumored in Minnesota, his dad wants him back in Minnesota, closer to family and to make sure JD doesn't get too lonely
Where do you come up with your thoughts and opinions on this. I'm not saying there not true or anything but it seems like your throwing some personal details in there that I would think only close family would know.

He only needs a little over 300 more yards to become the all-time leader in receiving yards.

It doesn't look like he is in the running for TD catching records.

If he returns next year he will easily hold the record for receiving yards.

As written in the article below, only needs 40 yards to be the first player to have 3 seasons in a row of 800+ yards receiving.

https://huskers.com/documents/2018/6/15/611637.pdf

https://www.omaha.com/sports/colleg...cle_929a4b2e-c5ce-5e9e-975e-cf0c682926e6.html

I sure hope he returns next season and get the chance to shatter some of those records.
Love to have him return, but as much of a beating as he has taken I could see him moving on since the team is a couple of years off from accomplishing anything. He's been a warrior.

Not sure why this continues to have to be repeated. Bo was let go for many reasons beyond his record. This is not surmised. It is factual! Not sure why some people refuse to let go of the fact he was not overly successful vs good teams anyway but he was more successful than Frost has been so far!

Not sure why this continues to have to be repeated. Bo was let go for many reasons beyond his record. This is not surmised. It is factual! Not sure why some people refuse to let go of the fact he was not overly successful vs good teams anyway but he was more successful than Frost has been so far!
His record of employment and results at that employment speak for themselves. last I knew he was 1-6 in his conference this year. He's finally completely playing with his own recruits. I can't understand the pining for a guy who burned the house down on the way out the door. That should have been enough.

Where do you come up with your thoughts and opinions on this. I'm not saying there not true or anything but it seems like your throwing some personal details in there that I would think only close family would know.

Well let just say I have gone through a lot in my life, health wise and personal, so I have gotten the chance to meet several Vikings people & talked with them. let's just say Vikings staff, players a majority of them live in the suburbs that you can describe as edina, & Eagan. So they go to other suburbs for shopping to not get noticed and it makes them even stands out. So meeting them, I would tell them my story and I was blessed to have heard theirs. But several media in Minnesota are saying privately JD's dad Rick wants him back closer to them whether it's be NFL, or another situation.

Reactions: Hastings4Huskers

Yes, like some grad transfers every year. Some get spring ball at a new school and some don't. I would be interested in seeing data for how successful spring grad transfers are compared to winter grad transfers.

If JD really wants to leave, he should just declare for the draft. Not much to be gained for him from another year, at another school, and it is a bad look for both him and NU.

If JD really wants to leave, he should just declare for the draft. Not much to be gained for him from another year, at another school, and it is a bad look for both him and NU.
How was it a bad look for him? Again using Noa as an example, did him transferring from California put him in a bad light or put the University of California in a bad light.

Last edited:
Reactions: WHCSC
How was it a bad look for him? Again using Noa as an example, did him transferring from California put him in a bad light or put the University of California in a bad light? Retirement to be one of the times of your life
Not sure what you are getting at with the retirement thing. In my opinion, if JD wants to play in the NFL, leaving a school where he was a leader and was producing big time, because he doesn't like his new coach, is a very bad look. You don't chose your coaches in the NFL and many teams would be weary of a guy that would quit on or refuse to work with a new coach. We will see how it plays out, but I would guess the NFL is more likely than the a transfer.

Not sure what you are getting at with the retirement thing. In my opinion, if JD wants to play in the NFL, leaving a school where he was a leader and was producing big time, because he doesn't like his new coach, is a very bad look. You don't chose your coaches in the NFL and many teams would be weary of a guy that would quit on or refuse to work with a new coach. We will see how it plays out, but I would guess the NFL is more likely than the a transfer.

i use voice to text and there was a commercial on the radio. That is where the retirement thing came from.

The rest of your post makes no sense to me. The NFL thing is such a tired argument. Regardless, I am sure Spielman’s dad is pretty versed in the inner workings of the NFL. If he thought it would adversely affect his son, he would advise him against it.

I think if JD leaves it MAY put Frost or Walters in a bad light and could affect future recruiting. Because JD is a leader and one of the better receivers, recruits may think what is going on that a player of his stature is considering leaving. I think that may be the true motivation for your opinion.

If JD left it could actually help things. He doesn't exactly try to block guys or even hustle on most plays not coming his way. Film doesn't lie.

Besides, his replacement is coming in this class.

If JD left it could actually help things. He doesn't exactly try to block guys or even hustle on most plays not coming his way. Film doesn't lie.

Don't agree. We have no clue what is replacements can do on the field yet and we know what Spielman can do. I see in no way we can put a positive spin on our #1 receiver potentially leaving.

Reactions: WHCSC
JD would not get drafted. He doesn't have the speed, size or film to get drafted. Secondly, virtually EVERY parent wants their kids closer to them. In his recruitment coming out of high school though Rick was very much in favor of JD coming to Nebraska for some very good reasons. Staying in your home area can be a bad thing for some kids. Nebraska has a tremendous support system that I don't think Minnesota has. RIGHT NOW, JD would not be starting for Minnesota and not even be playing with what they have at wide receiver. They lose ONE guy from that receiving corp to graduation this year. Right now, he's being coached by a former NFL great. IF JD can't have a successful senior year to put himself in the mix for the draft at NU, he can't do it anywhere IMO. He's the featured WR at NU.

Love to have him return, but as much of a beating as he has taken I could see him moving on since the team is a couple of years off from accomplishing anything. He's been a warrior.
Beating he has taken? Wandale has taken a beating. JD compared to any other WR in college football has not. He's the featured WR in our offense and sometimes can't get himself open. He's rarely called upon to run the ball on a fly sweep and doesn't often catch the ball in traffic. He should have no complaints about his role. His only complaint would be that he sometimes doesn't get the ball when he IS open. IF he were transfer to Minnesota his touches would diminish. They've got 2 returning WRs better than him. Sooo....stay at NU and set some records or transfer and just be another guy.....

i use voice to text and there was a commercial on the radio. That is where the retirement thing came from.

The rest of your post makes no sense to me. The NFL thing is such a tired argument. Regardless, I am sure Spielman’s dad is pretty versed in the inner workings of the NFL. If he thought it would adversely affect his son, he would advise him against it.

I think if JD leaves it MAY put Frost or Walters in a bad light and could affect future recruiting. Because JD is a leader and one of the better receivers, recruits may think what is going on that a player of his stature is considering leaving. I think that may be the true motivation for your opinion.

Not sure how my “argument” is “tired” or “played out”. First of all, I am not trying to argue anything. I simply gave my opinion that a transfer doesn’t make a lot of sense, in this case. I also am not seeing how this belief is tired or played out, as I believe this is the first time we discussed this issue on this board. I do agree that his dad understands these things better than any of us and will give JD all the guidance he needs. Which, I believe, will not be to transfer.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Not sure how my “argument” is “tired” or “played out”. First of all, I am not trying to argue anything. I simply gave my opinion that a transfer doesn’t make a lot of sense, in this case. I also am not seeing how this belief is tired or played out, as I believe this is the first time we discussed this issue on this board. I do agree that his dad understands these things better than any of us and will give JD all the guidance he needs. Which, I believe, will not be to transfer.

It’s the same argument about bad weather and choosing a school based on location. Where everyone says you don’t choose where you play in the NFL. It is a tired argument.

The only NFL decision these kids make is probably where they go to school with relation to how many kids a school sends to the league.

It’s the same argument about bad weather and choosing a school based on location. Where everyone says you don’t choose where you play in the NFL. It is a tired argument.

The only NFL decision these kids make is probably where they go to school with relation to how many kids a school sends to the league.
That is not what I am saying. You are connecting things that are in no way connected.

You consistently find ways to say the dumbest shit I have ever heard.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT