ADVERTISEMENT

Jared Goff

That deep ball he hit last night was nice. Otherwise, he was pretty bad.

I guess at people's feet on 5 yard throws IS pretty safe
He struggled gripping the ball I think early on. I thought he was pretty good later on. Those first few throws were awful but better at their feet than an INT. Rodgers underthrew several balls including the INT. That ball had to feel like a great big ice cube. Was Goff wearing gloves? I don’t remember

I saw a QB who missed on as many throws as he made. However, I'd take him over half the other QB's in the league. Maybe even more than that.
So at this stage of their careers who would you rather have? Goff or Space …… er I mean Rodgers

He is in a system that allows him to succeed and the offense. When guys find that they have a chance to be a franchise guy, if they put in the work.

Reactions: dinglefritz
As the resident Lions fan, I thought Goff was going to be a placeholder. But he has shown he is a true starter and is able to win with this team. I’m super happy to have him. And I’m also a big fan of his contract going forward.
I love Dan Campbell. I think he has a little ways to go and will be interesting to see if he is a Harbaugh type that burns a team out after around 4-5 years, but that dude is a stud. Passionate and you can see the players want to win for that dude. Not a Lions fan by any means, but will start rooting for them when they are not playing the Pack just because I love me some Campbell.

As the resident Lions fan, I thought Goff was going to be a placeholder. But he has shown he is a true starter and is able to win with this team. I’m super happy to have him. And I’m also a big fan of his contract going forward.
Same, he has overachieved. Happy to see a guy make a comeback, similar to Geno Smith.

Reactions: HuskerO
I love Dan Campbell. I think he has a little ways to go and will be interesting to see if he is a Harbaugh type that burns a team out after around 4-5 years, but that dude is a stud. Passionate and you can see the players want to win for that dude. Not a Lions fan by any means, but will start rooting for them when they are not playing the Pack just because I love me some Campbell.
I love, love Campbell. He’s genuine and seems to really be loved by his players. If you watched hard knocks this year, he is hard not to like.

I love how he calls a game. Goes for it on fourth. Runs on third and long with the intention of going for it. Trick plays in huge moments. Throwing it to your RT when the games on the line. A short hook and ladder to seal it. Stuff like that is just so fun.

I can see the Harbaugh comparison, but Campbell seems way more of a players guy, less weird and schtick-ish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT