ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin to Florida?

I know Penn State fans out here in PA are very lukewarm about Franklin. Most of them would be happy if he took another job and left on his own. There would be no buyout and if you fire a guy who wins 9 or 10 a year you have your own problems in hiring someone new. So yes, PSU fans are probably praying that Napier gets fired and they hire Franklin.

Why would Kiff leave Ole Miss?

That is a great job with no real pressure and he can get paid the same there as he would at UF. I don't think people realize how lame Ole Miss FB has been for the last 100 year. They have only been decent in the last 15 years or so...that is a nice chill laid back gig that pays great and has easy recruiting.

Probably fed to the media by Franklin's allies, looking for an easy raise. BTW - if this season continues to go well Nebraska is going to need to give Rhule a raise asap. It's embarrassing some of the names that make more than him in this conference.
Rhule's year 1 salary was pretty middle of the pack, but his contract provides for pretty lucrative annual escalations - he's up to $8.5 mil by 2026 and $10 mil by 2027 which I think would rank him pretty high in the BG10. Guessing a back end loaded deal with NU was a tax planning strategy given the huge buyout he got from Carolina. No one likes to pay income taxes, not even rich football coaches.

Probably fed to the media by Franklin's allies, looking for an easy raise. BTW - if this season continues to go well Nebraska is going to need to give Rhule a raise asap. It's embarrassing some of the names that make more than him in this conference.
Wasn't his contract back-loaded to get a bit more money out of Carolina?

We can only hope Rhule is being truthful when he says he wants to be here a long time. I know his track record is to keep moving, but I'm hopeful we got him at a good time. He now knows he's not a pro-coach and what resources he has here. Those resources will explode if he starts winning. His family seems to love it and I think he wants to raise his young daughters here.

Time will tell.

Reactions: dinglefritz
We can only hope Rhule is being truthful when he says he wants to be here a long time. I know his track record is to keep moving, but I'm hopeful we got him at a good time. He now knows he's not a pro-coach and what resources he has here. Those resources will explode if he starts winning. His family seems to love it and I think he wants to raise his young daughters here.

Time will tell.
I agree … the moves he made before were not destinations. Temple??? Baylor??? If he starts winning no one could outbid us for his services so the only reason to leave is lack of support (if something were to change) or sentimental connection (psu).

IMO, idk if Rhule leaves when he’s set to have maybe the top QB in college football for the next 2 years. I would be nervous if Penn St took Tony White though. I feel like that’s an amazing school for him to land at and succeed, assuming they bring in a big time OC like Joe Brady

I know Penn State fans out here in PA are very lukewarm about Franklin. Most of them would be happy if he took another job and left on his own. There would be no buyout and if you fire a guy who wins 9 or 10 a year you have your own problems in hiring someone new. So yes, PSU fans are probably praying that Napier gets fired and they hire Franklin.
Oh come on man! It's easy to hire a really good coach when you fire a guy who wins 9-10 a year!

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
Reactions: Huskers123456
IMO, idk if Rhule leaves when he’s set to have maybe the top QB in college football for the next 2 years. I would be nervous if Penn St took Tony White though. I feel like that’s an amazing school for him to land at and succeed, assuming they bring in a big time OC like Joe Brady
He could always take that QB with him.

At this point, don’t care if Rhule left because then Tony could step in
I love Tony White do not get me wrong when I say this... Matt Rhule knows how build a team and manage the Coaches and Athlete's better than anyone we have ever had. White is a fantastic defensive coach, but an unproven head coach

Brent Venebles
Dave Aranda
Will Muschamp

It's always interesting that people who write articles just pull out of thin air names for a potential coaching vacancy and make it sound like they have some type of inside information. There's a chance he could be the guy, but there's a equal chance it could be 100 other guys.
Dylan isn’t here for Rhule. He’s here for NU. He just wasn’t willing to play for a dumpster fire. He isn’t leaving

Time will tell.

I think he’s done with the NFL. But… PSU opening up would make me nervous. IMO, I’d put the Franklin to Florida rumors at <1% right now. Florida can’t miss on another coach and Franklin doesn’t strike me as a “can’t miss” hire, especially in this new SEC.

PSU has hired 2 coaches in the last 58 years. Its almost hard to speculate on what they'd do if Franklin left, but my guess is they'd be looking for a proven commodity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT