ADVERTISEMENT

J.J. McCarthy to the Draft

headcard

Nebraska Legend
Feb 2, 2005
This surprises me a little. Is he considered and early round selection?

After seeing CJ Stroud and Justin Herbert become great NFL QBs, I generally plead ignorance on whether or not these guys will be good in pro

That said, it's really hard for me to seeing him being good
I don't agree, Says Tom Brady late round draft pick from Michigan.

Reactions: Crisker
Good QB. Be interesting to see how he is viewed after the combine and workouts and such.

Would like to see my Patriots pick him up. Not saying he is the next Brady, but in the 4 or so games I watched him play he can really thread the needle and he makes long and short passes accurately. Also has some running ability.

Does coming back make him a better draft pick? He won the title going undefeated. Numbers are darn good. If harbaugh leaves will the offense be better to make him worth more? Not likely.

Reactions: 10Trvln
Does coming back make him a better draft pick? He won the title going undefeated. Numbers are darn good. If harbaugh leaves will the offense be better to make him worth more? Not likely.
It's not really about him. It's where does he fall in the qb draft order this year compared to next. I would say he's 4th at best this year but maybe 7th.

It's not really about him. It's where does he fall in the qb draft order this year compared to next. I would say he's 4th at best this year but maybe 7th.
That’s reasonable. The depth each year changes at QB. What he did this year still has some impact for the projections of him. His measureables will greatly move the needle as well. He isn’t the top level of potential coming out this year but he is I think more polished. His top end just isn’t as high as some of the guys like Williams.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Nobody here cares about McCarthy or Corum or whether they stay or go. They were just cogs. And to what degree NU has a chance, depends only on NU.

Corum wasn't a cog at all. A starting LB for us said he was easily the most difficult guy to tackle he ever faced. I'd say we definitely win the 2021 game if he's not there.

I was very high on him til the title game then I wasn't sure what to think....pre title game I would have taken him over Caleb...but watching Hargod call plays around him instead of for him was really odd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT