ADVERTISEMENT

I've seen enough

Truehuskerfan

Athletic Director
May 1, 2003
With every coach since Osborne, there has been a game where I decided I'd seen enough and they aren't going to get it done. I think I reached that point with Scott Frost today. He has had multiple chances to show that he can sustain some success, and he blows it every time. He'll last another year or two, but the writing is on the wall-this program is not getting any better with him at the helm. I'm just glad we can pull off a win now and then to break up the monotony, but that's all we are doing now.

Never thought I would see the day when a Husker football team would only win 2 games in a season.

Who would of thought a 2 win coach wouldn't get fired either.

Anyone with an open mind and two functioning eyes can tell Frost and this staff are not the right coaches to get it done.

I reached my 'enough' moment during Illinois but was convinced by the post game commentary to the effect that we are a young team that can't handle winning. I saw enough in Iowa and Purdue to be tepidly hopeful.

This game confirmed the Illinois feeling.

I've had enough.

He gets one more year. Not because he deserves it and not because I think he'll turn it around.

I do think he is a dead man walking at this point.

Third game in a row I did not bother to watch. Sad.

When we were good, we were very, very good.
When we are bad, we are horrid.....

Why anybody would trust what the fraud has to say is beyond me.

That guy is paid 5 millions to spew out garbage every week.

Well, that's how he and all his buddies got hired in the first place. A bunch of garbage BS that got spewed out and Husker fans ate it up. Plenty of warning signs with the things that were coming out of their mouths those first few months of this regime.

How the hell do we get out of this spot? It’s going to be a huge challenge for any coach right now. A new coach will have their hands full. Besides all the usual coaching turnover stuff, which is rough, we have to become so much better than teams like Minnesota and Iowa to actually beat them. We have to be able to over come so much bullshit. It is going to make this very difficult. How do you build up a program when your conference wants you to fail and will go to great lengths to make it happen? Maybe someone can pull this off. But man it’s going to be tough. We will have to find someone that can field a team so much more talented and disciplined than it’s opponents, just to win. We sold our soul for that B1G $$ and now we are completely screwed.

t
I reached my 'enough' moment during Illinois but was convinced by the post game commentary to the effect that we are a young team that can't handle winning. I saw enough in Iowa and Purdue to be tepidly hopeful.

I've had enough.

He gets one more year. Not because he deserves it and not because I think he'll turn it around.

He HAS to win next year. Sirles is blasting the play calling in the post game. He's pissed. Commented on Adrian missing Miller for 6 at the end of the first half and multiple other plays. Pissed that we didn't see enough of Mills pounding the ball when it was obvious AM couldnt hit anybody.

How the hell do we get out of this spot? It’s going to be a huge challenge for any coach right now. A new coach will have their hands full. Besides all the usual coaching turnover stuff, which is rough, we have to become so much better than teams like Minnesota and Iowa to actually beat them. We have to be able to over come so much bullshit. It is going to make this very difficult. How so you build up a program when your conference wants you to fail and will go to great lengths to make it happen? Maybe someone can pull this off. But man it’s going to be tough. We will have to find someone that can field a team so much more talented and disciplined than it’s opponents, just to win. We sold our soul for that B1G $$ and now we are completely screwed.
Control what can be controlled. Complete incompetence can be fixed. Truly. This was complete football incompetence. Our staff murdered smart football. It’s dead at Nebraska.

How the hell do we get out of this spot? It’s going to be a huge challenge for any coach right now. A new coach will have their hands full. Besides all the usual coaching turnover stuff, which is rough, we have to become so much better than teams like Minnesota and Iowa to actually beat them. We have to be able to over come so much bullshit. It is going to make this very difficult. How so you build up a program when your conference wants you to fail and will go to great lengths to make it happen? Maybe someone can pull this off. But man it’s going to be tough. We will have to find someone that can field a team so much more talented and disciplined than it’s opponents, just to win. We sold our soul for that B1G $$ and now we are completely screwed.
You evaluate what went wrong and what seems to be going right and then you make changes to get better. We better start with the play calling and QB play. AM went from playing great the last 2 games to not being able to throw it in the ocean.

I've had enough.

Same for me. The Illinois game was my stepping off point. I accepted that Frost is one of the worst coaches in all of football and as a result, Nebraska is one of the worst teams in football.

We literally have zero redeeming qualities as a football team.

Nebraska sucks. Harsh reality, but reality.

There are so many problems with this team that go way beyond youth it is hard to know where to begin. Poor play calling. Poor offensive line play. Poor QB play. Poor receiver play. An improved defense but still one that cannot get stops at critical moments. This goes way beyond youth and in year three we should be seeing improvement but aren't. In fact, an argument can be made that Frost's best team was in year one. Since then the team has regressed even below that low standard. Our football program is now one of the worst in the B1G. We lost today to a crappy Minnesota team that was missing key players. Just pathetic.

Frost is not going anywhere. We are stuck with him. My worry now is that recruits are going to bail out. Hopefully, this current class will stay intact until the early signing day. But we will see. Frost will get his year four and hopefully it will be a normal season with fans in the stands. If he craps his pants next year then I think we can legitimately start thinking realistically about replacing him. Until then... it is going to be another long winter.

probably start by developing a culture whereby you stop blaming everyone else for your own ineptness

we have to become so much better than teams like Minnesota and Iowa to actually beat them.
fxhA.gif

How the hell do we get out of this spot? It’s going to be a huge challenge for any coach right now. A new coach will have their hands full. Besides all the usual coaching turnover stuff, which is rough, we have to become so much better than teams like Minnesota and Iowa to actually beat them. We have to be able to over come so much bullshit. It is going to make this very difficult. How do you build up a program when your conference wants you to fail and will go to great lengths to make it happen? Maybe someone can pull this off. But man it’s going to be tough. We will have to find someone that can field a team so much more talented and disciplined than it’s opponents, just to win. We sold our soul for that B1G $$ and now we are completely screwed.
It’s over. Will never ever be competitive again.

About to go 0-the B1G season in hoops too.

Reactions: UCF-CZ
I mean that’s true. They will show up next week, battle their ass off and find some new. excruciating way to lose.
I was going to post early in the game "we're an emotionally soft and weak football team". When things go south we don't respond well. THAT includes our offensive coaching. We panicked and started chucking the ball all over the field. Somebody needs to remind Scott that this isn't Oregon or UCF.

I've had enough.

I thought I'd reached it after the Illinois game too. The Iowa and Purdue games gave me some level of hope if we could follow it up with another good game. But it's the same thing time and time again. Take a step or two forward and then take a step or two back. We cannot sustain any level of success. It's win a game or two here and there when things go just right. I really wish I had the explanation for why what seemed like such a great match isn't working out, but it's time for me to stop having false hope and just admit reality. The right coach is out there somewhere, but I don't know who it is.

If (When) Frost has another losing season next year, how can any AD justify bringing him back for a 5th year? Has there ever been a Power 5 football coach who survived 4 losing seasons in his first 4 years?

How can you blame the previous coach in Year 4, when there are coaches who have completely turned around awful programs like Iowa State and Indiana in only 3 years?

t

He HAS to win next year. Sirles is blasting the play calling in the post game. He's pissed. Commented on Adrian missing Miller for 6 at the end of the first half and multiple other plays. Pissed that we didn't see enough of Mills pounding the ball when it was obvious AM couldnt hit anybody.

I agree he HAS to win, but I have no (ok, very little) faith that he WILL at this point. And we have no other choice.

Never thought I would see the day when a Husker football team would only win 2 games in a season.

Who would of thought a 2 win coach wouldn't get fired either.

Anyone with an open mind and two functioning eyes can tell Frost and this staff are not the right coaches to get it done.
I actually thought we would win about two games when we were still playing a full schedule, so I guess I sold us short.

Agreed. Painful as it s, Scott will never be any better than he is right now...

There are so many problems with this team that go way beyond youth it is hard to know where to begin. Poor play calling. Poor offensive line play. Poor QB play. Poor receiver play. An improved defense but still one that cannot get stops at critical moments. This goes way beyond youth and in year three we should be seeing improvement but aren't. In fact, an argument can be made that Frost's best team was in year one. Since then the team has regressed even below that low standard. Our football program is now one of the worst in the B1G. We lost today to a crappy Minnesota team that was missing key players. Just pathetic.

Frost is not going anywhere. We are stuck with him. My worry now is that recruits are going to bail out. Hopefully, this current class will stay intact until the early signing day. But we will see. Frost will get his year four and hopefully it will be a normal season with fans in the stands. If he craps his pants next year then I think we can legitimately start thinking realistically about replacing him. Until then... it is going to be another long winter.
We get to play the Sooners next year. That should set us up for another great conference season.

If (When) Frost has another losing season next year, how can any AD justify bringing him back for a 5th year? Has there ever been a Power 5 football coach who survived 4 losing seasons in his first 4 years?

How can you blame the previous coach in Year 4, when there are coaches who have completely turned around awful programs like Iowa State and Indiana in only 3 years?
Hell at this point, I'm not sure why the Riley excuses still exist. Got to blame someone other than the man it now falls upon I guess.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
With every coach since Osborne, there has been a game where I decided I'd seen enough and they aren't going to get it done. I think I reached that point with Scott Frost today. He has had multiple chances to show that he can sustain some success, and he blows it every time. He'll last another year or two, but the writing is on the wall-this program is not getting any better with him at the helm. I'm just glad we can pull off a win now and then to break up the monotony, but that's all we are doing now.
they didn't deserve to win the PSU game but got multiple turnovers to offset getting dominated. otherwise its a 1 win season

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT