ADVERTISEMENT

It's Matt Rhule ...

I know we have all heard about the record vs ranked teams but that is a little concerning being he is 3-15 overall (0-10) at Baylor. If he is the guy we could have done much worse though given he has turned two teams around.
He seems like a very good human being and a damned good coach who has won in college at a high level. I don’t know anybody we could get who is more qualified.

Well, he's turned around two programs that were in the toilet. Not many other candidates can say that. He'd probably get us back to bowl games every year, but probably not competing for championships. A low-risk, yet low-reward hire IMO.
Let’s get to bowl games before we worry about championships. That’s why this turnaround job is so hard because our fan base still seems to not realize how far we’ve fallen. That’s like a Kansas fan being unhappy by Leipold because they didn’t run the table this year.

Even after 6 or 7 straight seasons without a bowl appearance, the fan base still talks about championships. We have to appreciate the small steps along the way.

Let’s get to bowl games before we worry about championships. That’s why this turnaround job is so hard because our fan base still seems to not realize how far we’ve fallen. That’s like a Kansas fan being unhappy by Leipold because they didn’t run the table this year.

Even after 6 or 7 straight seasons without a bowl appearance, the fan base still talks about championships. We have to appreciate the small steps along the way.
It’s called delusion … thats been nebraska football for 20 years now. This hire is the last chance before nebraska becomes Colorado

If they create pods after next year will it be NU. Iowa, Wisconsin and Minny?
No pods, just a few protected rivalries, with some regular-but-not-yearly games thrown in. Think Nebraska-Iowa every year, a trip to LA every other year kind of stuff. For the old Big Ten schools, less flexibility because of pigs, spittoons, jugs, bulls, buckets, barrels and cannons.

If they create pods after next year will it be NU. Iowa, Wisconsin and Minny?
I think some version of pods or protected rivalry games are coming BUT the exact make up will depend on whether or not more schools are added from the PAC as has been sometimes rumored. Don't know anything but I'm guessing Washington and Oregon still are likely adds in addition to USC and UCLA.

This place is gonna be a great whenever the announcement for whomever Trev picks.

The excitement, the anger, the trolls.
Personally can't wait. Probably my weird sense of humor but should be a hilarious shitshow

"Some posters aren't looking for anything logical, like reaction score. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some posters just want to watch the forum burn"

You also thought Purdy was better than Casey based off of your psychological reading of them.
It was to their leadership ability, not physical ability..

I have not maintained that stance though.. after the multiple horrible series/games, it's obvious the kid plays scared, and we can't have that kind of thing going on here again.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Personally, I'm waiting for the name Ruhle to join Winstrom, Peters, Frasier, Osbourne, Rogers, Davidson and Kenney in the annals of Husker legends.
That's kind of my take. If people can't even get the name right, maybe it's time for them to stop commenting.

Where is all this national Rhule to Nebraska media? I haven't seen any posted.

Right, you read into their psychology to make that determination. You had no clue.

You also said Purdy had better NFL chances than Casey.
I thought he had way better measurables yes. CT isn't even 6 feet tall. He' prob 5'10 at best. He's not going pro as a QB. Purdy is what, 6'5" and his older brother got lucky, so it was an easy call to make based on that alone.

Purdy still has better NFL chances than Casey, but as of right now, neither of them are going pro as QB's.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I thought he had way better measurables yes. CT isn't even 6 feet tall. He' prob 5'10 at best. He's not going pro as a QB. Purdy is what, 6'5" and his older brother got lucky, so it was an easy call to make based on that alone.

It's an easy call the other way. One guy can throw the ball 30 yards on a line, the other guy cannot.

Purdy still has better NFL chances than Casey, but as of right now, neither of them are going pro as QB's.
Purdy isn’t 6-5 he’s 6-2 and CT is 6-0..CT has a stronger and more accurate arm than Purdy..

Purdy won’t sniff the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT