ADVERTISEMENT

It Would Not be Wise For Frost to Nebraska

I'm just saying ... was there even a courtesy call? I think you know the answer. All Nebraska fans better route hard for the Gators for the rest of the year no matter how hard that is.

Will Florida get rid of Mac and pay 18 million or whatever or wait until after next season to do it and pay 11?

Sometimes business is business,,

Man.
Look at the post count before replying.

I just came back after a couple year hiatus...all my old posts are gone. Seriously, check my join date.

Just saying, sometimes post count can be misleading.

COMPARISON HIGHLIGHTS
Knoxville is 12% cheaper than Lincoln.
Housing is the biggest factor in the cost of living difference.
Housing is 24% cheaper in Knoxville.

Lincoln is ahead of Knoxville on costs, so $1 would not go further, if comparing $4 million both places.

Well that settles it.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Frost isn't going to Nebraska. Why would he? Nebraska should have hired him when they had a chance before Riley, now he's happy and isn't going anywhere until a much better offer
May be. But then again, so might you be.

You just hired an AD away from his alma mater. As you probably know by now, your alma mater doesn't mean a whole lot.

All that matters is how quickly you can win a national championship. If you can sell that to a prospective coach, you are in good shape.
UCF is closer to a P5 invite than Nebraska is to winning the BIG10, which is what it will take to win a NC there. The future is brighter at UCF, I understand why you wouldn't get that or even why you wouldn't want to believe it-it's not in your best interest. The growth of UCF is exponential, UN is flat at best. If you read what's important to Frost all the boxes are checked where he's at. It would be a step back to Nebraska. I see him going to UF, UCLA, USC etc in a couple years. Everyone here is wasting their time looking at him, but that's your prerogative. No trolling here, best of luck!
2 things. 1. Ucf has never been nor will ever be what NU is EVER!!!!!!!!. NU being a step back has got to be one of the dumbest things you have ever said. 2. If they call frost and or Tom asks him to come home he will.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
2 things. 1. Ucf has never been nor will ever be what NU is EVER!!!!!!!!. NU being a step back has got to be one of the dumbest things you have ever said. 2. If they call frost and or Tom asks him to come home he will.

Win at Nebraska and you become a legend, win at UCF and eventually someone will want to hire you away.

UCF is closer to a P5 invite than Nebraska is to winning the BIG10, which is what it will take to win a NC there. The future is brighter at UCF, I understand why you wouldn't get that or even why you wouldn't want to believe it-it's not in your best interest. The growth of UCF is exponential, UN is flat at best. If you read what's important to Frost all the boxes are checked where he's at. It would be a step back to Nebraska. I see him going to UF, UCLA, USC etc in a couple years. Everyone here is wasting their time looking at him, but that's your prerogative. No trolling here, best of luck!
EXACTLY, FINALLY SOME COMMON SENSE

Wow! The arrogance is astonishing. So angry. Wish we (UCF) could play Nebraska this week. We certainly don't want to be you, so no worries there.

You guys are no better than Maryland was agaInst Ohio State who UCF crushed at Maryland. Outside of Nebraska, nobody is even talking about Nebraska football anymore. It's irrelevant and most good teams are just pencilling you guys in as a W.

What part did I say that wasn't factual?

Win at Nebraska and you become a legend, win at UCF and eventually someone will want to hire you away.
Exactly what Solich, Pellini and Riley said. Now they have been kicked to the curb like a bag of garbage. The whole nation sees it.

Wow! The arrogance is astonishing. So angry. Wish we (UCF) could play Nebraska this week. We certainly don't want to be you, so no worries there.

You guys are no better than Maryland was agaInst Ohio State who UCF crushed at Maryland. Outside of Nebraska, nobody is even talking about Nebraska football anymore. It's irrelevant and most good teams are just pencilling you guys in as a W.

You sound like an angry little devil...

Is something upsetting you?

I'd ask if you wanted to get it off of your chest but the truth is that I really don't care..

You sound like an angry little devil...

Is something upsetting you?

I'd ask if you wanted to get it off of your chest but the truth is that I really don't care..
I've never been happier. 5-0, ranked #20 and climbing and blowing out everyone

Exactly what Solich, Pellini and Riley said. Now they have been kicked to the curb like a bag of garbage. The whole nation sees it.

Ok, that doesn't make my statement any less true...

If Frost were to come here and he was successful then maybe we can erect a tiki bar in honor of you good folk down in flakka land..

Ok, that doesn't make my statement any less true...

If Frost were to come here and he was successful then maybe we can erect a tiki bar in honor of you good folk down in flakka land..
It's sad when the only thing that can save a program (maybe) is praying that the homegrown talent will come home. Is that how bad it's become?

Guys, stop feeding the trolls. It's obvious that they're scared shitless they will be losing their coach at the end of the year. There is no other reason why they would be over here trying to stir things up.

Arguing with Central Florida fans isn't making anyone look good.

Last edited:
The first step in recovering from a problem is to admit you have one. It's not 1998 anymore. You guys will figure it out eventually. Don't troll our board and we won't troll yours. Goodnight

My goodness. Brother, please let me clear some things up for you. You clearly haven't been on our forum long enough to see that we know it's not the 90s anymore. I would venture to say that 95% of our posters on here know it's not the 90s anymore. It simply isn't. I don't know where you grew up, but in Florida you have 3 NFL teams, 2 MLB teams, NHL hockey teams, beaches, Disney World, the Keys, good weather year round; the list goes on and on. Nebraska football is one of the only shows in our state. Alumni and fans all over the world spend thousands of dollars to travel to Nebraska football games just to bask in a fall Saturday in Lincoln. Have you ever experienced anything like that? If so, please try to so you can see where we're coming from. If you haven't, I dare you to come check it out. It will blow you away how nice and inviting people are.

In the past, our football program represented who we native Nebraskans were as individuals—hardworking, never give up, no-nonsense attitudes. Currently, it's not emulating our expectations of what it means to be able to proudly say "I'm from Nebraska" when we are asked "Where are you from?" It's not just a football team to us. It's in our DNA.

But you're probably right. We don't have a whole lot of answers. Unfortunately for you and UCF, Frost could potentially be one of those answers.

I don't get the hate on our program simply because of a few of our dimlicks who are trolling on your board. Don't let the 5% of our fanbase (our trolls) convince you that we are these horrible fans who want UCF to suffer. As we staring down the barrel of 2 losing seasons in 3 years, I don't think it is too much to ask for a little more passion and a coach who understands what Nebraska football means to us. When you were 0-12 didn't you think you deserved better?

You think it will stay this way forever? NU is a blue blood among cfb programs top 5 all time wins. They will not stay down just like OU and Bama and USC didnt. On the other hand Ucf what have they ever done? You want to say Ucf is in better shape currently I agree. But thats it. That word you used irrelevant. Thats what ucf has been since they started playing football. NU has been there for about 15 years or so. You dont want to be us? Thats fine cause damn sure dont want to be you.

Will Florida get rid of Mac and pay 18 million or whatever or wait until after next season to do it and pay 11?

Sometimes business is business,,

Very good point .... which is why the odds are that Frost will stay at UCF one more year and wait for that job to open when they fire McElwain next year.

Not a flame ... but there is just as much chance at that happening as the Frost to Nebraska thing happening.

The first step in recovering from a problem is to admit you have one. It's not 1998 anymore. You guys will figure it out eventually. Don't troll our board and we won't troll yours. Goodnight
I didn't realize I was on the UCF board, sorry.

Friendly question....If Frost was to be the next head coach at Nebraska would averaging 9 wins a season and let's say winning the division once every 3 seasons and winning the conference once every 5 years be acceptable to Husker fans?

If you aren't trolling, you just aren't very smart. You honestly think UCF is a better job than Nebraska? One of the top 10 programs of all time, that sells out every game and can pay their coach 4x as much, isn't as good of a job as a team in the American that can only fill half their HS stadium.

better job than Nebr?.. hell no.. less expectations def... it is much easier to win at UCF in their current conference that it is at Nebraska in their current conference.

As long as we keep believing that NU is the ugly, fat friend that nobody could ever love then there's nothing to discuss. Doesn't matter who you hire, just savor the memories and we'll be Iowa State for the rest of our lives.

If you're gonna talk about Nebraska being a bad job where nobody will ever be able to recruit, then keep Riley right where he is and we'll be an average team with a nice coach and be like Minnesota where we talk fondly of that one time when we were fans of a powerhouse program.

Reactions: HuskerDana

Central Florida is a growth U in a growth area. UCF football has had some good years as of late, but were winless just a couple of years ago. Nebraska has five titles, and is top ten in all-time win percentage. The programs are not comparable. Scott Frost is a very promising young coach who also happens to have been the QB on NU's last title team. There is not a lot of mystery as to why NU fans would desire him as HC.

Friendly question....If Frost was to be the next head coach at Nebraska would averaging 9 wins a season and let's say winning the division once every 3 seasons and winning the conference once every 5 years be acceptable to Husker fans?

Amazingly enough, 9 wins is the magic number for a lot of NU fans. A conference championship would pretty much seal the deal. Especially now with CC games, a lesser, unworthy team can't be a co-champion.

If the coach followed this path for say 15 years, I could see the fan base ramping up expectations. But maybe not, the fan base is changing.

Pelini never won a CC. But if he wouldn't have been so rough, I could imagine that he would have been here longer.

Central Florida is a growth U in a growth area. UCF football has had some good years as of late, but were winless just a couple of years ago. Nebraska has five titles, and is top ten in all-time win percentage. The programs are not comparable. Scott Frost is a very promising young coach who also happens to have been the QB on NU's last title team. There is not a lot of mystery as to why NU fans would desire him as HC.
but Nebraska hasn't won anything in the last 20 years when UCF just turned D1.

The winless campaign just shows how inept and lazy O'leary was & the fast turnaround shows why the UCF job is attractive despite a smaller fanbase. Frost turned down Syracuse bc he specifically said he loved the location and recruiting advantages of UCF. Nebraska has to deal with Urban Meyer who is a King in Florida recruiting circles, Harbaugh who is relentless, and James Franklin(who was always down in Florida with Vandy for years) when he is just starting to build relationships down here. I think you guys are going all in on nostalgia when it's very possible his system and formula would not work at Nebraska, it's a massive risk from both ends.

Yep, pretty much got all that right.

Nebraska is one good coaching staff away from being a national power again. It's been 16 years since we've had one of those! Heck.......Riley could contend for the West in a few years but I believe his teams are too soft to ever win a outright conference title or national championship and he'll be gone in Nov. This whole "Nebraska can't recruit" well enough to win titles anymore is a bunch of bull. Just an excuse by those negative Nancy's!

but Nebraska hasn't won anything in the last 20 years when UCF just turned D1.

The winless campaign just shows how inept and lazy O'leary was & the fast turnaround shows why the UCF job is attractive despite a smaller fanbase. Frost turned down Syracuse bc he specifically said he loved the location and recruiting advantages of UCF. Nebraska has to deal with Urban Meyer who is a King in Florida recruiting circles, Harbaugh who is relentless, and James Franklin(who was always down in Florida with Vandy for years) when he is just starting to build relationships down here. I think you guys are going all in on nostalgia when it's very possible his system and formula would not work at Nebraska, it's a massive risk from both ends.

20 years ago NU won a national title, then came one fumble away from winning a sixth in 1999. Appeared in a title game in 01. Callahan made a CCG and Pelini made two CCGs in the Big XII and one in the B1G. Post Osborne, the program has a 67% of wins.
The Oleary/Frost years at UCF line up with Callahan/Pelini/Riley. By my math, UCF is 87-79 from 2004-2016. Comparably, NU 107-60 in that time. Note that this is NU's worst run of seasons since the Kennedy administration.
Win big at UCF and you are at best still a second fiddle program to Florida and F$U. Win big at NU and you are a coaching god to an entire state of people.

Reactions: Bruce1981
UCF is an easier job than Nebraska. I think everyone should agree on that, and for that reason and only that reason it would be imprudent for Frost to leave UCF for Nebraska, especially if he has sights set on coaching for a major Power 5 school. Of course, when deciding to make a major career move, no one considers relative difficulty alone, and so this entire thread is a Red Herring.

My goodness. Brother, please let me clear some things up for you. You clearly haven't been on our forum long enough to see that we know it's not the 90s anymore. I would venture to say that 95% of our posters on here know it's not the 90s anymore. It simply isn't. I don't know where you grew up, but in Florida you have 3 NFL teams, 2 MLB teams, NHL hockey teams, beaches, Disney World, the Keys, good weather year round; the list goes on and on. Nebraska football is one of the only shows in our state. Alumni and fans all over the world spend thousands of dollars to travel to Nebraska football games just to bask in a fall Saturday in Lincoln. Have you ever experienced anything like that? If so, please try to so you can see where we're coming from. If you haven't, I dare you to come check it out. It will blow you away how nice and inviting people are.

In the past, our football program represented who we native Nebraskans were as individuals—hardworking, never give up, no-nonsense attitudes. Currently, it's not emulating our expectations of what it means to be able to proudly say "I'm from Nebraska" when we are asked "Where are you from?" It's not just a football team to us. It's in our DNA.

But you're probably right. We don't have a whole lot of answers. Unfortunately for you and UCF, Frost could potentially be one of those answers.

I don't get the hate on our program simply because of a few of our dimlicks who are trolling on your board. Don't let the 5% of our fanbase (our trolls) convince you that we are these horrible fans who want UCF to suffer. As we staring down the barrel of 2 losing seasons in 3 years, I don't think it is too much to ask for a little more passion and a coach who understands what Nebraska football means to us. When you were 0-12 didn't you think you deserved better?

I wasn't going to post again here (didn't want to waste my or anyone else's time), but I decided to reply to this. I really appreciate what you said here, it provides perspective. Most UCF fans realize what you say as true for the most part and don't fault Nebraska fans for desiring Frost.

Some of your other fellow posters don't realize the only reason we are here is because we were being trolled on our boards incessantly about this. So, really you guys brought this attention to yourselves. And, while UCF has a smaller current fanbase and a younger alumni base it won't be that way for long...it's already closer than you think; UCF fans have the largest social media contingency in the country in CFB, you will not talk poorly about them and not get a lot of attention. I'm not saying you've done anything personally mind you, just speaking in generalities. I mentioned earlier that I understand that Nebraska fans wouldn't get why Frost won't come to Nebraska anymore, UCF is still a relative unknown to those that operate in their team bubble-much like what you described.

I wish Nebraska the best in their search for people to bring them back to what they want. Frost is unrealistic for you, not because he wants to stay at UCF forever, but because Nebraska isn't going to be what takes him away from his current situation. Thanks for the balanced response, I appreciate hearing it from you because a lot of your other posters here are over-entitled jerk offs.

UCF is an easier job than Nebraska. I think everyone should agree on that, and for that reason and only that reason it would be imprudent for Frost to leave UCF for Nebraska, especially if he has sights set on coaching for a major Power 5 school. Of course, when deciding to make a major career move, no one considers relative difficulty alone, and so this entire thread is a Red Herring.
There are a number of Power 5 schools where Frost could eventually land. There are perhaps several where he would have the resources to compete not just in conference, but nationally. All of those would come with if not the same, then at least a comparable fishbowl atmosphere for the head coach that we have at NU. That means being the "head guy", recruiting a balanced roster at a high level, developing players in all position groups and applying recruitment/development to offensive and defensive schemes in a consistent manner. There is also game day coaching, being able to win when your players are on the field. None of the head coaches since TO have been able to do all consistently, but all have done some of these things well.
In some respects, what Riley has done would make the transition for a guy like Frost easier. There has been a focus on recruiting and their is young talent on the roster. Frost would also get the alum of the program bump that would be worth a bit more breathing room.

Reactions: CC_Lemming
20 years ago NU won a national title, then came one fumble away from winning a sixth in 1999. Appeared in a title game in 01. Callahan made a CCG and Pelini made two CCGs in the Big XII and one in the B1G. Post Osborne, the program has a 67% of wins.
The Oleary/Frost years at UCF line up with Callahan/Pelini/Riley. By my math, UCF is 87-79 from 2004-2016. Comparably, NU 107-60 in that time. Note that this is NU's worst run of seasons since the Kennedy administration.
Win big at UCF and you are at best still a second fiddle program to Florida and F$U. Win big at NU and you are a coaching god to an entire state of people.

Too bad there are more people within an hour of Orlando than there is in the entire state of Nebraska. There is plenty of fandom to go around. Pointing out how limited the upside is in Nebraska is not underlining a reason for Frost to jump ship. His family really likes where he is. His wife doesn't like the cold and they have a baby now.

I wish Nebraska the best in their search for people to bring them back to what they want. Frost is unrealistic for you, not because he wants to stay at UCF forever, but because Nebraska isn't going to be what takes him away from his current situation. Thanks for the balanced response, I appreciate hearing it from you because a lot of your other posters here are over-entitled jerk offs.
I am not a Frost or bust guy and would not freak out if we gave Riley another season to sink or swim (and 2018 is a murderous schedule for NU). But unless you are somehow in the Frost inner circle, I doubt you would know what you claim to know re his intentions. Frost is from the state, an alum of the program and would have to tell some folks I am sure he has a lot of respect for "thanks, but no thanks" if the job were offered. So while the job isn't yet open and may not be, I would bet he hasn't ruled out the possibility of coaching in Lincoln.

I wish Nebraska the best in their search for people to bring them back to what they want. Frost is unrealistic for you, .

This is the dumbest thing I have EVER seen on this board and that says alot. SF may not end up at Nebraska, but to say that it is unrealistic is asinine. The guy has less than 2 years experience as a head coach and was .500 last year. In fact, if he wasn't an alumni, many Nebraska fans (not me, but many) would be pissed he is even being considered.

Too bad there are more people within an hour of Orlando than there is in the entire state of Nebraska. There is plenty of fandom to go around. Pointing out how limited the upside is in Nebraska is not underlining a reason for Frost to jump ship. His family really likes where he is. His wife doesn't like the cold and they have a baby now.
And there are twice as many people in Memorial Stadium as their are in Spectrum stadium on game days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT