ADVERTISEMENT

It has probably been asked but what does NU represent to you.....?

elquesogrande2020

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2006
In-n-Out burger waiting for a double-double.
Here is the basis for my question. I moved from NE very shortly after graduating. Other than a 6 month stint at Crete Carrier right after graduation, I had not lived in NE for some 25 years (yikes that makes me feel old). However, I have been steadfast in my pride of DONU. Even having spent 7+ years in England, I diplomatically bragged at how my Uni football team's stadium held more fans than my much loved Arsenal soccer team. Then after having spent time in NJ, GA, NC and now TX I talk with great pride because I'm from NE, and much of that pride comes from having such an awesome football team. Of course, that last statement doesn't hold near as much luster as it once did. Having lived in ACC, SEC and now B12 country I find myself being much more reserved in talking about being from NE. As I thought about it, I began to realize how much pride I took from the football team. I love NE, but beyond the football team (and to some extent the women's volleyball team) there just isn't much to truly brag about. Wonderful people for sure, but no mountains, no major metro-cities that have well known cultures or vibes, no major lakes or rivers for people to sport on. Again, I love NE and I very much miss it at times. However, man it really stinks to listen to others brag about their states and sometimes football teams and sort of dismiss me or give me a polite "oh, your team will come back someday". This is a long way of saying something everyone knows. The football team defines the state....or darn near does. Does anyone else feel the same?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News