ADVERTISEMENT

Isn't it just a chicken sandwich...a really good chicken sandwich?

Probably useless observation but here goes...

In Parker, CO we have a Chik Fila, don't eat there much but when I do I amazed that there are literally no Hispanic workers there. Any other fast food chain in town has what seems like a majority of Hispanic workers there...ChikFila = zero.
Yep. They're working at the new Wendy's across the parking lot or the McDonald's in the gas station.

His dad built the empire (with the help of US gov't contracts during the war) not Donnie, Donnie inherited the empire from his dad, he could've sold the real estate put it in a mutual fund and still be a billionaire. His dad gave him a million dollars in 1968 at the time the median income was 7.7k. I'm not saying he is not savvy, but hot dam if you gave me 6.8 million right now I could be a Billionaire too!

His dad gave him tons of money, that is great for him. I don't think that makes him fit to govern solely because of the station he was given based on the wealth of his father. What are we, redcoats?

That's the thing, you couldn't. Making $6.8 million into a billion is harder than you could even imagine. Chances are, if you were given $6.8 million you would go broke in 10 years. Look at lottery winners and pro athletes. And if it so easy to make all this money, why don't more people that inherit wealth (in the millions) become billionaires? Is it because it isn't easy.

Again, I'm not for Trump. I will not vote for him. But saying he isn't smart is ridiculous.

EDIT- just to add to the statement you made about making $6.8 million into a billion, that is the equivalent of me giving you $6.80 and you making it $1,000. See how easy that is to do and get back to me.

Last edited:
How many different lives will this thread have? And what does it have to do with chicken anyway?

Looks like I will be able to save my donation to UNK annually if they bow to this crap.

You mean if the university continues to allow the student body to choose what restaurants are in the student union? That's the crap you're angry about? The student body decided they wanted a Chik-Fil-A. Then they decided they didn't. Why does that make you angry?

EDIT- just to add to the statement you made about making $6.8 million into a billion, that is the equivalent of me giving you $6.80 and you making it $1,000. See how easy that is to do and get back to me.

Um, no it isn't. I dont think you understand how economics works.

Reactions: sparky62
Explain it to me then. If taking the zeros off the end to prove a point means I don't understand economics, please fill me in.
Come on, you know you can do a hell of a lot with 6.8 mill and you can do basically nothing with $6.80. If you're just gonna slap it into a compound interest calculator, sure it's a fair comparison. But in terms of net worth, I could retire right now at 33 on 6.8 million. I can't go to Chipotle for 6.80.

If that's a fair comparison, head over to the bank and tell them you're putting a 6.80 downpayment and you want them to give you a business loan.

Come on, you know you can do a hell of a lot with 6.8 mill and you can do basically nothing with $6.80. If you're just gonna slap it into a compound interest calculator, sure it's a fair comparison. But in terms of net worth, I could retire right now at 33 on 6.8 million. I can't go to Chipotle for 6.80.

If that's a fair comparison, head over to the bank and tell them you're putting a 6.80 downpayment and you want them to give you a business loan.

I was replying to the ridiculous statement that @cornhustler said, 'but hot dam if you gave me 6.8 million right now I could be a Billionaire too!'

No he couldn't. Turning $6.8 million into a billion is very hard. My reply wasn't about retiring or having a lot of money, it was about showing how ridiculously huge a billion dollars is and that turning $6,800,000 into $1,000,000,000 is not something that just anybody can do.

You mean if the university continues to allow the student body to choose what restaurants are in the student union? That's the crap you're angry about? The student body decided they wanted a Chik-Fil-A. Then they decided they didn't. Why does that make you angry?

The student body, yes. Who is "they" that decided against it?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Probably useless observation but here goes...

In Parker, CO we have a Chik Fila, don't eat there much but when I do I amazed that there are literally no Hispanic workers there. Any other fast food chain in town has what seems like a majority of Hispanic workers there...ChikFila = zero.

You know, I noticed the same thing at Panda Express as the local mall. Can you believe that Panda Express is pushing such an anti-Hispanic agenda on American by not hiring Hispanics, and then forcing them to only eat a Panda Express!!! Oh wait! What? You mean Hispanics or any other minority, or for that matter anyone else doesn't have to do business with or purchase products from companies they don't agree with!! When did this happen?

You know, I noticed the same thing at Panda Express as the local mall. Can you believe that Panda Express is pushing such an anti-Hispanic agenda on American by not hiring Hispanics, and then forcing them to only eat a Panda Express!!! Oh wait! What? You mean Hispanics or any other minority, or for that matter anyone else doesn't have to do business with or purchase products from companies they don't agree with!! When did this happen?

Same mantra goes for Hooters and Twin Peaks..... Some people CHOOSE to enter, and some do not. Go America! I don't enter because they wouldn't hire me, and I thought that was discrimination. Not sure I want my daughter working their either, but that is MY opinion!

When that religious conviction is used to cause harm to other people? Sure. Ask the KKK about that.

How exactly is the CEO harming anyone? How did he do anything remotely close to KKK action? How is his views on this subject from a few years ago relevant? The supreme court made his and anyone else's feelings on this issue irrelevant......LAST YEAR!

This is about a vocal minority wanting to stick it to a rich successful person who offended some for believing what his faith taught him, and that vocal minority would prefer that company go down in flames because he dared voice his opinion.

That's the thing, you couldn't. Making $6.8 million into a billion is harder than you could even imagine. Chances are, if you were given $6.8 million you would go broke in 10 years. Look at lottery winners and pro athletes. And if it so easy to make all this money, why don't more people that inherit wealth (in the millions) become billionaires? Is it because it isn't easy.

Again, I'm not for Trump. I will not vote for him. But saying he isn't smart is ridiculous.

I followed your math. 147.05 roughly. Not sure why it's so hard to make the connection. Laughing

I wish I could go to Vegas and get that increase with a 100 bucks at the craps table!

Reactions: GretnaShawn
The word round here is that Chick-Fil-A in Bellevue is a pretty good place to get a free sandwich if you are in uniform. Usually, there's someone there that wants to say thanks or just plains feels guilty about not going to the war themselves and will buy the closest person in uniform a sandwich.

I've actually been to lunch with the guys and seen people buying the Bellevue West JROTC kids free sandwiches because they can't tell the difference between them and a young service member who has actually deployed somewhere.

But hot damn, I love Chick Fil A. I'm glad the one out by Costco finally opened.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I was replying to the ridiculous statement that @cornhustler said, 'but hot dam if you gave me 6.8 million right now I could be a Billionaire too!'

No he couldn't. Turning $6.8 million into a billion is very hard. My reply wasn't about retiring or having a lot of money, it was about showing how ridiculously huge a billion dollars is and that turning $6,800,000 into $1,000,000,000 is not something that just anybody can do.

There is only one way to find out... also if you think $6.80 is the same as 6.8 million I don't know what to tell you. To be clear it was in jest, Trump received much, much more money from his father, the "small" 1 million dollar loan was just a graduation present. My point being he should not be praised for money his father made... lest we be redcoats. Cheers!

Reactions: sparky62
If you fed chickens marijuana would you feel the effects if you ate some? Like special brownies, only they taste like chicken! I wonder how popular that restaraunt chain would be!

I figured this thread had covered most controversial topics, why not one more? Especially for post 420 of this thread!

Reactions: leodisflowers
If you fed chickens marijuana would you feel the effects if you ate some? Like special brownies, only they taste like chicken! I wonder how popular that restaraunt chain would be!

I figured this thread had covered most controversial topics, why not one more? Especially for post 420 of this thread!

Doubtful, but I know that there are catering services that will cook meals for you that will get you high as a kite. I have never smoked but don't think it should be illegal. I am strongly against forcing chickens to smoke marijuana, but if they want the bud so be it. I hope that I provided some sort of answer for your quest. Cheers!

Reactions: Cloud@Heart
How exactly is the CEO harming anyone? How did he do anything remotely close to KKK action? How is his views on this subject from a few years ago relevant? The supreme court made his and anyone else's feelings on this issue irrelevant......LAST YEAR!

This is about a vocal minority wanting to stick it to a rich successful person who offended some for believing what his faith taught him, and that vocal minority would prefer that company go down in flames because he dared voice his opinion.

Are you honestly this dense? He wasn't "just" saying these things. He was using his money to back initiatives and ballot proposals that were limiting other people's rights. And I guess since the Supreme Court finally made his bigotry less harmful we should all be cool with it? I mean, he can still fire people in Nebraska for being gay, but we shouldn't be mean to him and his millions and millions of dollars. Poor guy.

Explain it to me then. If taking the zeros off the end to prove a point means I don't understand economics, please fill me in.

I'll make this real easy for you by using the same kind of math you were taught in 5th grade. If you have a savings account, and you deposit $1 and then you have another savings account and deposit $100 you do understand that the account with the larger starting money is going to gain interest quicker right?

Are you honestly this dense? He wasn't "just" saying these things. He was using his money to back initiatives and ballot proposals that were limiting other people's rights. And I guess since the Supreme Court finally made his bigotry less harmful we should all be cool with it? I mean, he can still fire people in Nebraska for being gay, but we shouldn't be mean to him and his millions and millions of dollars. Poor guy.
I am in agreement with you in principle. However, I also appreciate a principled stand based upon what one perceives their religion to say. It's exercising their first amendment rights. I go to a sub shop where a Muslim neighbor of mine makes great baklava. I have heard him comment on how he thinks our social mores, including homosexuality, are way too liberal. I still eat his baklava.

Reactions: timnsun

I'm well aware of his actions....years ago.
I'm far from dense. I'm tolerant. I'm one of those rare people who still believes people are entitled to their opinions, and they shouldnt face protests, boycots, and blatent atempts to silence their right to voice their opinions, no matter how distasteful I might find them to be personally.

So I take it that you fall into the group that preaches tolerance, only if it fits your agenda or what YOU feel is acceptable.

And......what he supported lost. So again, go eat a chicken sandwich and celebrate. Maybe his views are correct, too bad none us us will know for sure until we die. So when you do, feel free to come back and tell us how right or wrong you are.

If the majority of UN-K students want C.F. there, it should be there. Those that don't, don't spend your money there. No students' rights will be effected if they come or not.

I'll make this real easy for you by using the same kind of math you were taught in 5th grade. If you have a savings account, and you deposit $1 and then you have another savings account and deposit $100 you do understand that the account with the larger starting money is going to gain interest quicker right?

It'll grow at the same rate. Compound interest works the same no matter the starting dollar amount.

If you invest $100 (one time investment) for 10 years at 8% (compound annually) you get $215.89.

If you do the exact same investment but start with $1,000, you end with $2,158.92.

What am I missing? Why didn't the larger starting investment start gaining interest faster????

Reactions: OzzyLvr
ADVERTISEMENT