ADVERTISEMENT

Is Monday going to be the day?

It's a good thing I won't be invited to the HC announcement PC because if I heard any bravado BS like that again I would be the one chucking rotten tomatoes.
I was perfectly fine with that comment and that's exactly how I want the head coach at Nebraska to act. The only bad thing about it is Frost came nowhere close to backing it up.

Seems like the whole highlight reel is chuck it deep
That's exactly what I'd love to see here. Frost was too much of a pussy to throw it deep. We need to be recruiting 2 or 3 QBs, as there's very little on the roster anyway.

Press conference running behind today
Hmmmmmm......

Urban very publicly spoke out against Nebraska in 2003 about firing Solich and had zero interest.
people say alot of things...urban's wife beaten assistant coach said neon deon is all signed up too.

That B1GHuskers guy on tweeter, that claims to know who it is for a few weeks now, claims the announcement won't be made until after the Iowa game.

You can shoot the messenger, just don't shoot near or around the balls or dik area.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
That B1GHuskers guy on tweeter, that claims to know who it is for a few weeks now, claims the announcement won't be made until after the Iowa game.

You can shoot the messenger, just don't shoot near or around the balls or dik area.
I mean yeah. That's standard operating procedure, right? Fans are the ones that made up an announcement being held Monday or this week or whatever. Wasn't the plan ALWAYS for after the end of the regular season?

Why would you announce a new head coach now? Makes no sense. If a guy is in place, and let's say it's Rhule, recruits have likely already been contacted? And if not, it's TWO FVCKING WEEKS! Just wait.

Too much smoke around Rhule for it to not be him IMO and I think Mickey knows it. I think Rhule would be a good fit for NU. Mickey today was talking about needing to recruit Texas and the South. Rhule should be able to bring in some good players from there

Reactions: BleedRed78
Too much smoke around Rhule for it to not be him IMO and I think Mickey knows it. I think Rhule would be a good fit for NU. Mickey today was talking about needing to recruit Texas and the South. Rhule should be able to bring in some good players from there
I think Rhule has all but agreed to it. Not sure if a contract could have been signed already? Meanwhile he has a few B and C options in case Rhule backs out last second.

Kind of feels like the Hoiberg hire for the football side. A guy who got hired by the pros because he was successful at a typical middling Big 12 squad. Gets fired, and is brought back like a Saban, or Pitino. Except those two won National Titles before going to the pros.

Kind of feels like the Hoiberg hire for the football side. A guy who got hired by the pros because he was successful at a typical middling Big 12 squad. Gets fired, and is brought back like a Saban, or Pitino. Except those two won National Titles before going to the pros.
and weren't laughing stocks in their return to college

is anyone else worried that he's only coached at places wrought with sexual scandal?

temple (most famous alum is bill cosby - yikes!)
baylor (whole team basically accused of sexual assault every few years)
carolina (previous owner forced to sell the team bc of sexual assault)

Nebraska joining the B1G is as close as we've come to a sexual abuse scandal

cause for concern? culture/fit issues coming to a non-sexual abusing institution?
This is a joke, right? Nobody cared about your "he spit on himself" take that you repeated 15 times so you decide to go all in and attribute to him sexual scandals that he had nothing to do with?

This is a joke, right? Nobody cared about your "he spit on himself" take that you repeated 15 times so you decide to go all in and attribute to him sexual scandals that he had nothing to do with?
yes, of course it's a joke

not the spitting, though. he really does do the spitting. constantly.

Reactions: Walleye79
the way things are being discussed and considering Mickey's comments today, I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the room for some of the interviews

I also wouldn't be surprised if he was consulted prior to Trev reaching out to anybody to kick the tires on potential past relationships, "what have you heard about..", "ever come across..", etc

it seems keeping him on staff is a priority (a good thing, if true)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT