ADVERTISEMENT

Is it just me or do others find themselves watching Georgia Tech?

Toms Wife

Sophomore
Jan 7, 2017
I don't really give a rip one way another about the Miami/Georgia Tech game but Paul Johnson's teams are a joy to watch. They mentioned how his play calling doesn't use analytics but is all based on feel. Is the defensive end leaning inside? Are the backers scraping to get outside? Reminds me of TO.

Reactions: Redblood23
I could watch Georgia Tech all day but it's mainly because I watch how other teams scheme them.

The way they outnumber teams and put players in conflict is beautiful to watch. Even more beautiful to watch are the teams that scheme and beat them with X's and O's and discipline on defense and not just some 3-tech or DE dominating the LOS.

Reactions: otismotis08
I enjoy watching them, but I don't want that offense in Lincoln. If you want to go that route, go Calhoun or Fritz. Frost's offense would also be better. PJ's flexbone is too limiting to any school that can recruit more talent than the majority of their opponents.

Scott Frost runs basically a modern version of what he ran as a player at Nebraska. they Just spread it out and use screen passes instead of pitches to run the option. Will be fun to watch in 2018.

doesn_t_make_any_sense-245x138.gif

If you want to educate yourself on Scott's offense watch Charles Fischer break down Oregon's Offense on Youtube.

No thanks...I know what his offense looks like. You're basically saying that any team that runs zone read or power read is running what Nebraska used to run though, and that is a long ways to jump IMO.

Scott Frost runs basically a modern version of what he ran as a player at Nebraska. they Just spread it out and use screen passes instead of pitches to run the option. Will be fun to watch in 2018.

Auburn runs a spread more similar to the old Nebraska offense in philosophy than Oregon did. Oregon runs a spread option yes but it’s not going to bulldoze it’s way down the field like the offense did when Frost played here.

Reactions: TheNewNU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT