ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa time and TV?

Good chance Iowa comes in Unbeaten so I quess it will be 2:30pm this year for once.

Game times are never announced three weeks prior to game during the season. It will be announced next week at the earliest.

If they're unbeaten I bet it'll be an 11 AM national broadcast.

The only other ABC game that day will be Miami @ Pitt. If Iowa is undefeated, ABC will place Iowa on the 3:30 Eastern Platform.

This will be a recipe for disaster for Iowa. The majority of the second half will be played under the lights. Iowa will not win if its a late game.The game will end something like this:

Reactions: leodisflowers
Game time should be announced next Monday. It will be either an 11:00 or 2:30 kick. It will not be a night game

Reactions: Cornicator
The only other ABC game that day will be Miami @ Pitt. If Iowa is undefeated, ABC will place Iowa on the 3:30 Eastern Platform.

This will be a recipe for disaster for Iowa. The majority of the second half will be played under the lights.

By the time it gets dark we'll already have a 3 or 4 TD lead.

Iowa might lose this weekend but I would say probably not.

Night game, alt unis, bad offense vs. good defense.

Not saying we don't beat Iowa but didn't they just beat us by 3 TDS in Lincoln 2 years ago?

That's a classic Bo Pelini team that lost a game badly despite outgaining their opponent. That won't happen to a Riley team in 2 weeks.

Not saying we don't beat Iowa but didn't they just beat us by 3 TDS in Lincoln 2 years ago?

They did, but it was a close game going into the 4th quarter as it was 24-17 with like 10 minutes to go. Then Bo decided to run that horrendous fake punt among other things and Iowa took over. Hawkeyes only had 282 yards of offense in that game and benefited from a short field for most of the game. To their credit, Iowa did force turnovers and made Nebraska pay for every mistake they made.

That's a classic Bo Pelini team that lost a game badly despite outgaining their opponent. That won't happen to a Riley team in 2 weeks.
I totally blacked that game out. Literally, I got so shitfaced that I was hungover for 3 days. At least they only beat us once in a blue moon

They did, but it was a close game going into the 4th quarter as it was 24-17 with like 10 minutes to go. Then Bo decided to run that horrendous fake punt among other things and Iowa took over. Hawkeyes only had 282 yards of offense in that game and benefited from a short field for most of the game. To their credit, Iowa did force turnovers and made Nebraska pay for every mistake they made.

The fake punt was before it was 24-17. The fake punt was when it was 17-10 Iowa in the 3rd Q. Iowa immediately scored on a Rudock to Martin-Manley pass to make it 24-10

People talk about totalyards in the 2013 game, total yards don't mean a whole lot IMO. The key stat in that game was Iowa rushed 45 times for 156 yards, while Nebraska rushed 37 times for 89 yards. I know Iowa is 1-3 vs Nebraska in B1G play. Traditionally the team that runs the ball better wins the game and I think this year will be no different.

2014 - Iowa 50 carries for 142 yards (2.8 ypc), Nebraska 31 carries for 161 yards (5.2 ypc)
2013 - Iowa 45 for 156 yards (3.5 ypc), Nebraska 37 for 89 yards (2.3 ypc)
2012 - Iowa 39 for 108 yards (2.8 ypc), Nebraska 53 for 200 yards (3.8 ypc)
2011 - Iowa 24 for 88 yards (3.7 ypc), Nebraska 61 for 222 yards (3.6 ypc)

Reactions: saluno22
The fake punt was before it was 24-17. The fake punt was when it was 17-10 Iowa in the 3rd Q. Iowa immediately scored on a Rudock to Martin-Manley pass to make it 24-10

You are right. Point remains, it was a relatively close game late into the contest. But Nebraska gave Iowa a short field to work with time and again and Iowa made Nebraska pay for that.

Does the B1G not do that "no night games in November" thing any more?

I think the NU-Iowa game goes as Iowa's ability to throw goes. NU has done well stopping the run. If they can continue to improve in coverage, they have a very good shot. It's not like Iowa suddenly became this incredibly talented roster. On paper, it all sets up very well for Nebraska. The smart Iowa fans will admit that the scenario makes them a little nervous and they're looking for tickets.

Most of the time. I think it's because their "stadium" doesn't have permanant lights and they have to borrow Iowa State's.
They do have permanent lights actually. They've upgraded quite a bit. I should know, I may or may not have a hand in these kinds of things.

Does the B1G not do that "no night games in November" thing any more?

I think the NU-Iowa game goes as Iowa's ability to throw goes. NU has done well stopping the run. If they can continue to improve in coverage, they have a very good shot. It's not like Iowa suddenly became this incredibly talented roster. On paper, it all sets up very well for Nebraska. The smart Iowa fans will admit that the scenario makes them a little nervous and they're looking for tickets.
The key to this game is going to be stopping their QB. I'm not sure if he's healthy all the way or not, but if he is, he's a big threat on his feet as well as his arm. IMO he's the next best passer next to Cook. They have 4 RB's that are all pretty good, that have all seen significant playing time as well. Perhaps the best O-line in the conference, and a defense that is probably top 3 at least in the conference as well.
This is going to be a tough game for both teams, as I think we have really started to find ourselves as of late. We will need TA to stay healthy for this one, as his mobility is going to be needed.

Does the B1G not do that "no night games in November" thing any more

Considering last week, pretty sure this isn't an issue. Nebraska versus Michigan State was a night game, as well as Ohio State versus Minnesota.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT