ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa still sucks!!

The reason he flopped is to trigger people on twitter?
No, it's just that everyone's favorite gasbag felt compelled to remind us that if we hate seeing an athlete engage in the kind of bush-league bullshit that led to that technical foul being called, it can only be because we are misogynists.

Or misogamists. Or something like that.

i'm surprised too. i thought some pig farmer(s) association would pony up a mill to keep her in iowa city another year, but alas ...

sad for me because i enjoyed the hell out watching her talent and antics on the college court. since i don't watch the nba aberration, i'm certainly not tuning in their w-version.

caitlin will make a ton of money, then settle down and have a family, methinks. good on you, girl.

clark-1.jpg

Sure.... she's a great women's bb player. However, you are one strange dude. What's up with posting this pic?

If you're spending some alone time with that pic, don't tell us. We don't want to know.

No, it's just that everyone's favorite gasbag felt compelled to remind us that if we hate seeing an athlete engage in the kind of bush-league bullshit that led to that technical foul being called, it can only be because we are misogynists.

probably.

The misogamy fail didn't get enough attention.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
The comparison isn’t even close

Clark’s points came on 500+ fewer shot attempts than Maravich. She had a better FG% a better FT%, and over twice the number of assists.

Better shooter and passer than Maravich without any doubt.

One less year eligibility, no three point arch, no shot clock..With just one more year of eligibility she would have never came close to 4,500 points.

That is enough to prove how stupid you are..Did I mention a smaller ball too.

Better shooter and passer is laughable..Stuff you see in the passing game Pete invented it.

By the way loser, the NCAA recognizes Men and Women as two separate sports.

Clark’s points came on 500+ fewer shot attempts than Maravich. She had a better FG% a better FT%, and over twice the number of assists.

Fascinating post! So how much of Pete's career could he have taken advantage of the three-point line? Rather than ignoring me try responding to this post.

Reactions: scarletred
Fascinating post! So how much of Pete's career could he have taken advantage of the three-point line? Rather than ignoring me try responding to this post.
Former LSU coach Dale Brown noted that recordings of Maravich's games make clear he routinely shot from beyond 20 feet. He and retired Baton Rouge-area sports writer Sam King concluded that Maravich would have averaged about 54 points per game had a 3-point line — adopted by the NCAA in 1986. wdsu

Pete Maravich Was Incredibly Making 13 Threes A Game Before The Three-Point Line Existed, He Would Have Averaged 57 Points Per Game In College If It Did (thirteen more than his actual 44 per game.)
Originally posted on Fadeaway World | By Divij Kulkarni | Last updated 12/28/22

why we insist on comparing the two is beyond me. they are different players, different games, different times, yet both incredible in their own spheres.

Last edited:
why we insist on comparing the two is beyond me. they are different players, different games, different times, yet both incredible in their own spheres.
She has scored the most points in NCAA history and counting. Its cool what she is doing but it would be cooler if she played for about any other school. Her on court personality kinda stinks but if it inspires others to play the game its a net positive.

Right!? Who would come here and post a side by side pic of them? It was likely by someone dumb enough to lecture people about comparing them after posting such a pic.
When Professor Blowhard can’t find an argument here, he starts one with himself. That way he can still piss his pants, express righteousness indignation and act as if he’s somehow been wronged.

Two completely different sports. Good on CC she is the all time women’s scoring leader.

They don't even play the same sport it's like saying an 8th grade boy is the all time leading passer.

Reactions: Streamer15
They don't even play the same sport it's like saying an 8th grade boy is the all time leading passer.
that's really a silly post. they play almost exactly the same sport. same goals. same height. same floor. same point system. all but the ball size is the same. and scoring is the same as well. she just scored more than he which doesn't diminish anything he accomplished because these are different times and levels of play.

that's really a silly post. they play almost exactly the same sport. same goals. same height. same floor. same point system. all but the ball size is the same. and scoring is the same as well. she just scored more than he which doesn't diminish anything he accomplished because these are different times and levels of play.
Would you take a hike any one with half a brain knows the difference in scoring and eligibility now compared to back when Pistol Pete played.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Would you take a hike any one with half a brain knows the difference in scoring and eligibility now compared to back when Pistol Pete played.
are you arguing something here other than my facts because if you are it has escaped me; or are you just upset that i stated them?

Leave it at this at it’s the end of it..
She struggle playing on the Boys Herky team mightily..

Other than a huge percentage of the shots both players took being worth 50% more now than they were in Pete's era, it's the exact. same. point. system.

And if you don't think so, you must be a misogamist! [not to self: remember to blame spellcheck!]

• Haha
Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Other than a huge percentage of the shots both players took being worth 50% more now than they were in Pete's era, it's the exact. same. point. system.

And if you don't think so, you must be a misogamist! [not to self: remember to blame spellcheck!]
pete shot a lot more than caitlin, double to be precise. is that your point? as for efficacy, caitlin hits at a 46% rate while pete was 43%. clark is also a vastly better free throw shooter than pete.

pete shot a lot more than caitlin. is that your point? as for efficacy, caitlin hit 46% while pete was at 43%. clark was also a vastly better free throw shooter than pete.
I think my point: a huge percentage of the shots both players took being worth 50% more now than they were in Pete's era

was absolutely obvious to anyone is isn't just looking to:

1.) start yet another argument
2.) squeal like a poor little victimized whining baby when anyone here has the audacity not to agree with him

I think my point: a huge percentage of the shots both players took being worth 50% more now than they were in Pete's era

was absolutely obvious to anyone is isn't just looking to:

1.) start yet another argument
2.) squeal like a poor little victimized whining baby when anyone here has the audacity not to agree with him
setting aside your little rant, here's your answer:

Pete Maravich would have averaged 13 three-point makes per game which would have given him a career average of 57 points per game under today's rules.

setting aside your little rant, here's your answer:

Pete Maravich would have averaged 13 three-point makes per game which would have given him a career average of 57 points per game under today's rules.
So how are they playing under the same point system, with the same scoring? Once again you seem to be having an argument with yourself, just so you can share your self-proclaimed brilliance with the huddled masses.

So how are they playing under the same point system, with the same scoring? Once again you seem to be having an argument with yourself, just so you can share your self-proclaimed brilliance with the huddled masses.
there was no three-point shot during pete's days, there is today.

there was no three-point shot during pete's days, there is today.
And no shot clock. Teams could take the ball out of his hands by stalling, another reason why he took more shoots his teams other than his senior year were .500

Too this day very few players handles the ball better than him.. Stephon Curry is one of them..

And no shot clock. Teams could take the ball out of his hands by stalling, another reason why he took more shoots his teams other than his senior year were .500
umm, what's your point more precisely? because his teams were not good, he was?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT