ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa still sucks!!

since you refuse, perhaps someone else here can explain this post? between the "shoots" and grammar, i'm lost.

scarletred said:
And no shot clock. Teams could take the ball out of his hands by stalling, another reason why he took more shoots his teams other than his senior year were .500

Are you legit retarted? He was making the simple straight forward point that with no shot clock that opposing teams could hold the ball for long periods of time, limiting his possessions and shots. If you can’t understand that I don’t know what more anyone can say.

Are you legit retarted? He was making the simple straight forward point that with no shot clock that opposing teams could hold the ball for long periods of time, limiting his possessions and shots. If you can’t understand that I don’t know what more anyone can say.
that's an absurd statement because pete shot twice as many per game (38) as caitlin (19). but do carry on.

What lake is that? I have in-laws with a cabin on Miltona and that looks eerily similar.
ours is lake irene. it's the northern feeder to lake miltona through the long prairie river system.

long-prairie-state-trail.jpg

Reactions: huskerfan66
@AVeritas, what CC did is amazing, and never been done before by a woman. She absolutely could be considered the GOAT in women’s college basketball.

But that’s where it should end. You have acknowledged that Maravich would have a buttload more points if there were a 3 point line in his day. You have acknowledged that he accomplished his point total in 3 years. But all you’re doing the rest of this thread is baiting Husker fans by pretending she is the GOAT over all of college basketball simply because she score more in 4 years than Maravich did in 3 years with limitations to scoring that CC didn’t have.

Let it go, and keep CC’s personal photos as your screensaver and off this board moving forward.
i have certainly defended cc while recognizing pete's accomplishments, and have not posted any pictures of her other than those available to the public.

Last edited:
It would appear you are comparing again, which means you will soon be lecturing us to not compare them.
my comment was to wash the idea that caitlin got more attempts because of the shot clock which is completely absurd. pete put up twice as many attempts 38 v. 19. both are great. yes, we should leave at that.

Nice. In a single post you are comparing them and then say we should stop comparing them. Impressive.
that's a false narrative. i was debunking a fouled argument about shot attempts being impacted by the shot clock. vapid.

that's an absurd statement because pete shot twice as many per game (38) as caitlin (19). but do carry on.

Look at his team stats numbskull. Their coach’s strategy (rightly so) was to have Pete shoot the ball on every possession. The rest of his team rarely shot the ball at all. The fact you don’t know this is not surprising at all.

Reactions: Streamer15
Look at his team stats numbskull. Their coach’s strategy (rightly so) was to have Pete shoot the ball on every possession. The rest of his team rarely shot the ball at all. The fact you don’t know this is not surprising at all.
sans the name calling, i'm not sure what that adds?, the point was that not having the shot clock limited pete's attempts v. caitlin's. that simply false. he shot 38 per game, she's at 19. i'm not clear what your argument is but it's clearly vapid, and that's to be kind.

Last edited:
A Pete Maravich team never qualified for the ncaa tournament
Oh and his coach who’s game plan was just to have Pete chuck it up at twice the rate of what Clark does just so happened to be his dad

Dude was a ball hog that was enabled by his dad. Terrible teammate who’s top priority was shooting nearly 40 times a game rather than helping his team have success

Same philosophy in the NBA where he wasn’t good enough to lead his teams to any degree of success

No, no more than a Wayne Gretsky's or Serena Willams' accomplishments.
There should be no comparison between her and Maravich. Two different sports men's and woman's basketball. The record keeping does not run together nor should it. Trotting out her scoring and saying she outdid Maravich is disingenuous.
Bobby Riggs vs Billie Jean King in tennis.

50+ year old past champion vs a 20 something in her prime. She got to play the doubles lines.

Yeah that was real even

Bobby Riggs vs Billie Jean King in tennis.

50+ year old past champion vs a 20 something in her prime. She got to play the doubles lines.

Yeah that was real even
riggs and king were pros. we're talking about two collegiate careers here with caitlin and pete.

Oh and his coach who’s game plan was just to have Pete chuck it up at twice the rate of what Clark does just so happened to be his dad

Dude was a ball hog that was enabled by his dad. Terrible teammate who’s top priority was shooting nearly 40 times a game rather than helping his team have success

Same philosophy in the NBA where he wasn’t good enough to lead his teams to any degree of success

True, but this in no way detracts from my point.

sans the name calling, i'm not sure what that adds?, the point was that not having the shot clock limited pete's attempts v. caitlin's. that simply false. he shot 38 per game, she's at 19. i'm not clear what your argument is but it's clearly vapid, and that's to be kind.

You can ignore the facts all you want and pretend like you don’t understand the points being made, it only makes you look even more ignorant. So have at it…

You can ignore the facts all you want and pretend like you don’t understand the points being made, it only makes you look even more ignorant. So have at it…
the irony here is deeper than s___ in a crap hole.

Last edited:
If I ever reach the point of constantly arguing about a Iowa women's basketball player on a Kstate board I hope someone puts me down. That will be the point at which my life has become meaningless anyway.
good read. appreciate the thoughtful contribution to the subject.

If I ever reach the point of constantly arguing about a Iowa women's basketball player on a Kstate board I hope someone puts me down. That will be the point at which my life has become meaningless anyway.
Iowa dorks on here I get. We are in the same conference and play them yearly. KSU and the now watered down Big 12 are nothing to Nebraska anymore. Weird how this purple kitty is still on a Nebraska board 24-7.

I hear you. Our buddy probably isn't going to understand the insult.

Reactions: Laner2

tenor.gif

Pretty cool that women's basketball had out rated the men's games in Fox this season. Obviously Clark driven and will regress next season but bringing new eyeballs to the game is never bad

Reactions: AVeritas
Pretty cool that women's basketball had out rated the men's games in Fox this season. Obviously Clark driven and will regress next season but bringing new eyeballs to the game is never bad
I don’t disagree with this and am excited the women’s game is getting some attention.

we do mbb, v'ball, baseball. need to do a football series. show you guys our new digs.
I mean more than 12.

The reason we don't schedule fb is pretty obvious. Neither team wants it. NU doesn't because ksu is a tweener. Too good to be a low fbs or fcs that we wouldn't have to do a home and home series with and not good enough to be considered marquis to forfeit a home and away for recruiting purposes. For NU it comes down to $ and recruiting.

For Kstate, they wouldn't want to play away and away for money reasons. Home and home would make sense. Not sure what the big 12 is doing going forward, but I think they've been playing 9 conference games + 3. Ksu has been playing Missouri recently which is a good regional match up and interest in kc and st Louis areas but not sure how much national interest that generates for recruiting.

That might be something that warrants looking at down the road now that we will be playing nationwide on an annual basis.

2033 would be the earliest it could happen unless k-state would be willing to play a one year game in Lincoln or 2 year in Lincoln which I don't know how attractive that would be to Kstate.

NU schedules 7 home games per year and that's pretty much set through 2032.

ours is lake irene. it's the northern feeder to lake miltona through the long prairie river system.

long-prairie-state-trail.jpg
I misremembered the name of the lake and checked with my brother in law. They actually are on Irene as well. We just went ice fishing there the first week of February. Stopped at Miltona Meats and loaded up my cooler with brats. Fun place, and we will be headed back in late July.

Reactions: huskerfan66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT