ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa spring game tonight

ajehealth

Walk On
Mar 4, 2014
They had their spring game tonight. They have a lot of new faces at WR and DB. Their new RB lacks break away speed and will be a pound and grind type of back.

Iowa is likely going to be the Iowa that we already know them to be.

Not sure they even have 5k people in the stands. One side is empty and all of the fans that are there are on one side.

5k in the stands?
Even their fans suck.

It is hard to tell. one side was empty, some portion is under construction, and all of the fans were sitting in the same area on one side.

Their QB has confidence. They need a lot of work on their interplay for the OL. OT's looked good. WR has so many new faces. They had a couple of guys on defense that really stood out.

Might be a 7 or 8 win type of team but it is a spring game so you don't want to take too much away from it.

Reactions: The_Gent
Iowa will have a very tough defense that will keep them in games. If Stanley doesn’t throw interceptions they’ll be a typical Iowa team that seldom beats them selves..

Ferentz always loses a game early in the year, see if he can avoid that this year.

It wasn't an actual game just an open practice because of the construction.
DbQvKHzUwAAMVEy

Last time I remember Iowa having to replace an entire LB group that was really good (Hitchens and company maybe) they had a rough year the next year. Add to that, they lost one of their projected starters for the season and they could have some growing pains on D

Adding seats?
Technically will be losing about 1,000 seats.

For some reason there isn’t a ton of doom and gloom after the spring “game” like in years past. It wasn’t all one sided as far as offense and defense go. The DL is going to be deep and really good. Hopefully that helps alleviate issues with the new LB core.

Kirk and Phil always have good defenses so hopefully that remains true. The offense and the punting game will be key. Iowa return men had some AWFUL decisions that cost the Hawks so much field position throughout. You guys may remember a true freshman that caught a kick off at the two and fell out of bounds.

You can feel the excitement! I bet those dozens of fans were rocking the place

I'm longing for the days when we can laugh at Iowa because our team kicked the crap out of them, rather than the size of their stadium or how many people attended their spring game. Thank goodness the Riley fiasco has come to an end.

Yes, it will look terrible how could we.
Screen-Shot-2016-10-20-at-4.56.10-PM.png
That's a neat looking end zone, will be really cool to see the end result!

I wish Nebraska would have constructed South Stadium vertically like you guys are doing in this reconstruction instead of outward. Our top rows are really far out there but in line with the big screen in North Stadium. Might as well be watching the game from home rather than toward the top of South Stadium.

Now, our East Stadium expansion seats have great views. I've only had the opportunity to sit up there once on a day with beautiful weather, but I imagine in November and early September it is miserable up there.

The Hawks get Wisky early in the season win that one and Iowa should run the table in the West.

They have a lot of new faces at WR and DB. Their new RB lacks break away speed and will be a pound and grind type of back.

Iowa is likely going to be the Iowa that we already know them to be.

Not sure where you’re getting the “new faces at WR and DB.” We return 3 of last year’s top 4 receivers (Nick Easley, Ihmer Smith Marsette, and Brandon Smith at receiver) and 3 of last year’s top 4 corners (Manny Rugamba, Matt Hankins, Michael Ojemudia). We lost Matt Vandeberg at receiver and Josh Jackson at corner. All our safeties return.

As far as running back, it will be two guys like we’ve done pretty much every year since you joined the Big Ten. Our thunder guy (Toren Young) had 8 carries for 21 yards and a TD against you last year. Our lightening guy (Ivory Kelly Martin) will be every bit as good as Akrum Wadley. Same guy. Had 6 carries for 90 yards and a TD against Nebraska last year.

We did lose a fifth year senior who’s waited patiently and was expected to challenge for a starting spot at linebacker in Aaron Mends.

You’re absolutely correct that you’ll know what to expect from Iowa though. Likely the best tight end group in the country, serviceable receivers, pound it out run game, a defense that rushes 4 and drops 7 that stops the run. Football the way it was meant to be played!

Last edited:
I'm longing for the days when we can laugh at Iowa because our team kicked the crap out of them, rather than the size of their stadium or how many people attended their spring game. Thank goodness the Riley fiasco has come to an end.

Amen!!

Iowa will have a very tough defense that will keep them in games. If Stanley doesn’t throw interceptions they’ll be a typical Iowa team that seldom beats them selves..

Ferentz always loses a game early in the year, see if he can avoid that this year.

Stanley threw 26 TDs with only 6 Ints last year. Now with two full years in Brian Ferentz's offense, he better not be throwing interceptions.

You're correct about the early season turd under Kirk Ferentz. Iowa State and Wisconsin could be those games for Iowa if we don't get settled in at linebacker. Not worried about the offense at all though.

Our game should be a good one come Black Friday.

Won’t even check it out or look into it. It will be there same boring offense and defense, with nothing changed one bit. I bet 6-7 wins for them next year, 8 if there lucky. And I’m not scared of that TE group one bit. With the WRs Iowa has, it will be easier for Chin to focus on the RBs and there TEs when it’s passing downs.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Won’t even check it out or look into it. It will be there same boring offense and defense, with nothing changed one bit. I bet 6-7 wins for them next year, 8 if there lucky. And I’m not scared of that TE group one bit. With the WRs Iowa has, it will be easier for Chin to focus on the RBs and there TEs when it’s passing downs.

Priceless. Have a great summer!

qSBi9w5.gif

Reactions: SWIowahawks
That's a neat looking end zone, will be really cool to see the end result!

I wish Nebraska would have constructed South Stadium vertically like you guys are doing in this reconstruction instead of outward. Our top rows are really far out there but in line with the big screen in North Stadium. Might as well be watching the game from home rather than toward the top of South Stadium.

Now, our East Stadium expansion seats have great views. I've only had the opportunity to sit up there once on a day with beautiful weather, but I imagine in November and early September it is miserable up there.
No complaints from me. I love my seats up there. Easy escalator access and close to concessions etc. Oh, and the view....fan fantastic.

Last edited:
Reactions: saluno22
Why even post such ridiculous stuff?

Was responding to Iowas full figured women comment. Is that NOT ridiculous in itself or is that acceptable to you?

Pretty sure newbie that started the thread Is an Iowa troll. It won’t take long to smoke him out.

Why even post such ridiculous stuff?

Was responding to Iowas full figured women comment. Is that NOT ridiculous in itself or is that acceptable to you?
Right, I don’t need a government agency to tell me what my eyes can see, those Iowa broads are large. The only thing your report tells us is that Iowa women lie about their weight, which unfortunately, I can also attest to.

Right, I don’t need a government agency to tell me what my eyes can see, those Iowa broads are large. The only thing your report tells us is that Iowa women lie about their weight, which unfortunately, I can also attest to.

That government agency is in Canada.
3 inch height difference and 30 pounds a state away...
Nope.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT