ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa spring game tonight

I like Nebraska's stadium a lot as an opposing fan. Good fans and good sight lines good atmosphere. Wisconsin is not all it is cracked up to be imo. Iowa's is unique and very hostile but is old and uncomfortable.

Reactions: RiLLLLLLLLey
Won’t even check it out or look into it. It will be there same boring offense and defense, with nothing changed one bit. I bet 6-7 wins for them next year, 8 if there lucky. And I’m not scared of that TE group one bit. With the WRs Iowa has, it will be easier for Chin to focus on the RBs and there TEs when it’s passing downs.
Noah Fant says hello...too bad you wanted him playing DE...LOL.

They had their OPEN SPRING PRACTICE. They have a lot of new faces at WR and DB. Their new RB lacks break away speed and will be a pound and grind type of back.

Iowa is likely going to be the Iowa that we already know them to be.

Not sure they even have 5k people in the stands. One side is empty and all of the fans that are there are on one side.

Fify!

"Agreed. We will see massive improvement from this spring to next spring. Once they get comfortable with the schemes and can go 100% full throttle, this offensive system is going to score a ton of points pergame, especially against the B1GWest defenses."
⤴️
The above was from another thread but that's stupidity at its finest right there I don't care who ya are.....you Neb fans are delusional.
You’ve been to the Iowa board right? Worst collection of fools in college football, that’s where you belong, so move along. I strongly suspect this thread was started by an Iowa troll as well, most over here don’t give two sht$ about io_a.

Last edited:
I believe all that will be changing don't think other schools will be able to come in and take what they want, btw mr fans might have had his best game against NU last fall I believe he'll have a lot tougher time next 3 years

Reactions: huskerssalts
I believe all that will be changing don't think other schools will be able to come in and take what they want, btw mr fans might have had his best game against NU last fall I believe he'll have a lot tougher time next 3 years
Fant dam spell check

Spring practice attendance is peculiar one to chest thump. A lot of coaches seem to be steering away from them & holding more of a practice in order to teach. Some seem to want to avoid giving keys away - think Harbaugh because I don't think his was as related to weather as some thought. The minute Wisconsin cancelled, Harbaugh followed suit. Quality of atmosphere on game day is where it's at, and it's very hard to argue rank 1-6 in the B1G; no definitive #1.

Priceless. Have a great summer!

qSBi9w5.gif

Laugh all you want. Iowa is one team im not scared of one bit. There’s isn’t one thing scary about your guys team now that Riley’s gone. You guys caught our Husker in bad situations the past two years. Last year when the team has fallen completely apart and the defense not even trying or playing for the coach. The year before when we had a solid season, unlucky for us Huskers, Armstrong was in a brace and could barely move let alone run...unlucky for us and lucky for you guys. All that’s gone and over with...again Riley’s gone little sisters, and we now have a championship caliber coaching staff. Next year might be up or down when we play each other but with the talent we have and the QBs we have coming up in an offense like Frost has and his play calling, believe me, things will be changing fast. Unfortunately for you guys, it will be us climbing up while you guys stay idle. Your team, while under Kirk, will never get over that hump. Believe that!!!

Again that was while we where under Riley, we have a new staff now, a championship caliber staff. I’m over that and past it. This is my point, you guys need to wake up. This won’t be the same Huskers that Riley fielded. Things are changing fast around Lincoln. Keep thinking we will be the Same Huskers Riley coached all you want. Little sisters, you guys will have a Ruud awakening come next season. ;)

Last edited:
Fant dam spell check

Why??? He’s a Husker fan on a Husker site. If your having problems with it, go to that boring, crap fest on the Iowa board. Hell maybe his autocorrect put that or he was rushing his reply, either way...so freaking what. I agree with what he said. And I bet you did too, that’s why you focused on the spelling instead of the mans point.

Forgive me but I have no respect for the Iowa SuckEyes. Kirk is an average at best coach and will never lead them to the big time. They will never be “THE” team in the BIG10 while they have Kirk as HC and running there knock off, generic version of the Wisconsin Badgers offense.

Laugh all you want. Iowa is one team im not scared of one bit. There’s isn’t one thing scary about your guys team now that Riley’s gone. You guys caught our Husker in bad situations the past two years. Last year when the team has fallen completely apart and the defense not even trying or playing for the coach. The year before when we had a solid season, unlucky for us Huskers, Armstrong was in a brace and could barely move let alone run...unlucky for us and lucky for you guys. All that’s gone and over with...again Riley’s gone little sisters, and we now have a championship caliber coaching staff. Next year might be up or down when we play each other but with the talent we have and the QBs we have coming up in an offense like Frost has and his play calling, believe me, things will be changing fast. Unfortunately for you guys, it will be us climbing up while you guys stay idle. Your team, while under Kirk, will never get over that hump. Believe that!!!

C'mon man, that's quite a list of excuses. Makes a fanbase look bad when playing hypothetical game. Look, Iowa isn't Wisconsin & not many in B1G are playing at their level. However, they seem to be a team trending up in the way they handled OSU, took PSU to a 4th down to win the game, took us down. They are currently better & until Nebraska does something about it, the hypothetical speak doesn't really accomplish much.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Hopefully "New" Kirk and Kirk Jr. starting loading up on athletes on the Defensive side of the ball in the near future. When Frost and Co. get the offense rolling and stocked with speed and playmakers (already on it's way in Year 1), I don't see Iowa slowing it down much (see Stanford Rose Bowl from a couple years ago). Also, a pedestrian/slug it out offense won't be enough to keep up in a track meet when NU starts rolling up yards and points.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Stupid is a genetic trait amongst Iowa fans. If anyone of them that post here had an IQ over 70 it would be shocking.

Without a doubt you are onto something.

Generally speaking, people who troll the free boards of other teams are some of the biggest dipshits I have ever run across.

There are plenty of great examples up here, but it’s certainly not limited to here.

Hopefully "New" Kirk and Kirk Jr. starting loading up on athletes on the Defensive side of the ball in the near future. When Frost and Co. get the offense rolling and stocked with speed and playmakers (already on it's way in Year 1), I don't see Iowa slowing it down much (see Stanford Rose Bowl from a couple years ago). Also, a pedestrian/slug it out offense won't be enough to keep up in a track meet when NU starts rolling up yards and points.
Kirk has been preparing for Frost for a couple years now. He has finally gotten more athletic all across the field in anticipation for the dynasty that will be Nebraska.

But on a serious note, Iowa has indeed gotten more athletic the past few classes and it looks to be continuing in the future. Iowa fans aren’t scared of offenses that score points or defenses that can’t stop anything. Kirk’s philosophy allows Iowa to beat “superior” teams. There are plenty of examples out there to choose from. We heard the same talk when Riley got hired and talk is cheap.

Kirk has been preparing for Frost for a couple years now. He has finally gotten more athletic all across the field in anticipation for the dynasty that will be Nebraska.

But on a serious note, Iowa has indeed gotten more athletic the past few classes and it looks to be continuing in the future. Iowa fans aren’t scared of offenses that score points or defenses that can’t stop anything. Kirk’s philosophy allows Iowa to beat “superior” teams. There are plenty of examples out there to choose from. We heard the same talk when Riley got hired and talk is cheap.
Yes, we were telling Iowa fan that talk is cheap for the better part of 30 years and it didn’t stop all the idiocy coming out of Iowa City, you think three in a row feels good? 4 in a row feels even better, you don’t know what that feels like against Nebraska and hopefully you never do, move along back to the Iowa board there’s plenty of Nebraska talk over there started by Iowa fan.

That's what Iowa fans hang there hat on. Pull an upset here and there but NEVER win anything that matters. If that's what you strive for more power to you. Nebraska strives for so much more than being the team that pulls an upset at home every now and then.

I think I have Iowa figured out. They play a safe pro style offense , That's boring as hell. They play a bend but don't break defense that takes away the run first. They sandbag the offense till the fourth qtr if it's a tight game , then bust out with some real play calling. That seems to work for them till they play a real offense that puts up points fast. They don't do well from behind. Usually good defense but average offense. Stop the run and cover the tight end and it's game over. Easier said than done though. This year's game will be a good one I think.

Reactions: SOHusker11
i have a feeling there are going to be a lot of grown men over here in Des Moines that will be pretty upset when they find out they don’t get to play Grandpa Riley’s team for that COVETED 7th win.

The past three seasons are so absolutely irrelevant when it comes to the future of this series. Just like Iowa’s 1-3 record against Bo Pelini.

I think I have Iowa figured out. They play a safe pro style offense , That's boring as hell. They play a bend but don't break defense that takes away the run first. They sandbag the offense till the fourth qtr if it's a tight game , then bust out with some real play calling. That seems to work for them till they play a real offense that puts up points fast. They don't do well from behind. Usually good defense but average offense. Stop the run and cover the tight end and it's game over. Easier said than done though. This year's game will be a good one I think.

Appears they could've cracked the code in regards to offsetting a high octane offense. Beat OSU at their own game & I don't care if Iowa fan or Nebraska fan or whatever, it was extremely impressive. Looks like they lost to NW & MSU in OT as well, which is where better consistency nets them a 10 win season a year ago. I don't bag on them as bad as some here do; just like viewing things from an honest approach.

That's what Iowa fans hang there hat on. Pull an upset here and there but NEVER win anything that matters. If that's what you strive for more power to you. Nebraska strives for so much more than being the team that pulls an upset at home every now and then.
I’m not hanging my hat on it. I’m stating that even if Nebraska gets in those teams levels, they aren’t just gonna run over Iowa every year. I’ve been ready for Kirk to leave for a while now. I personally think he underachieves in a sense. There could be 4-7 guys drafted this year. Two possible first rounders. A QB who threw 26 TDS to, I think, 6 picks. Smoked OSU and Nebraska, went 3-0 OOC; won a bowl game, and STILL only won 8 games.

You’re correct about Kirk’s philosophy. That’s what allows him to knock off big teams but lose to NW or Purdue. Wisconsin this past year was that way. Boring and slow and then Iowa took their shot but dropped some balls and the players didn’t execute. It gets old losing games you shouldn’t.

Kirk backers wanna say well, it’s hard recruiting to Iowa. I say, how do we know? Iowa has had two coaches for 40 years. They have great facilities and a pretty dang good fan base.

With that said, Kirk finally hired a recruiting coordinator a couple years ago that is paying off. Iowa is getting more athletic but I’m afraid Kirk’s philosophy isn’t gonna change much. 7 or fewer wins this year and Kirk should retire.

Spring practice attendance is peculiar one to chest thump. A lot of coaches seem to be steering away from them & holding more of a practice in order to teach. Some seem to want to avoid giving keys away - think Harbaugh because I don't think his was as related to weather as some thought. The minute Wisconsin cancelled, Harbaugh followed suit. Quality of atmosphere on game day is where it's at, and it's very hard to argue rank 1-6 in the B1G; no definitive #1.

So, game day atmosphere is something your not looking to teach? Nice spin though!

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT