ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa OC

Many fans were shocked O'Brien took the Buckeye gig. My question is why? The guy coached under Saban at Bama. He had a very bad second stint in New England, but that happens without Brady.

If you wanted to build your name back up, you would pick a situation with the most tools at your disposal. Iowa doesn't have a receiver, QB, or RB that would see the field in Columbus. Pretty good lineman though, especially with Proctor. But with Ferentz in town, I just don't see the juice being turned on in Iowa City.

A very unpopular opinion over on the Hawkeye board, but Ferentz isn't a Hall of famer to me. Zero solo conference titles, one NY6 Bowl win over Georgia Tech in '09. It's time for a change, no more west division crowns.
Iowa literally has a WR that played for the Buckeyes.

• Haha
Reactions: DelusionalHawkeye
12:00am Saturday night and still no OC for the squawks…

Wake Up Waiting GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Do you have problems with comprehension? The optimum word in what you posted is "reportedly". Leistikow said "reportedly".
What does reportedly mean? Doesn’t that mean it was reported that he turned it down?

Now if the word was speculated or rumored, you’ve got a point. But reportedly means it was reported that he turned it down. Stronger than just speculated or rumored.

So, did the hawk central guy just make it up? I don’t think you are strengthening your case here.

Look, super virg...

Clearly it was Paul turning down the job.

Like, when a girl told you she was "washing her hair", she was just being nice...but that was her turning you down.
Or we're too good of friends....

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
Iowa literally has a WR that played for the Buckeyes.
be honest, O'Brien and Chryst would probably turn down the HC job at Iowa. OC there is beneath them.

Hawkeyes would be smart to take a run at someone in the FCS. In fact, were I made AD at a middling B1G program, my first call would be to lure one of those staffs away.

Reactions: WHCSC
I didn’t know he was one of the OC for one of the last 4 teams in the NFL playoffs..
its on their forum

they seem to think Luke Getsy, who is currently unemployed, is the front-runner.

seeing as he's still getting NFL interviews, I see that as unlikely.

Reactions: scarletred
Did they really hire Johns? He's had some pretty good offenses in the past, I think I remember him at NW and maybe Indiana?
Duke has a pretty good QB till he was hurt against ND, don’t know how much he played after that game but Duke was 94th in total offense last season…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT