ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa OC

Do you only read the husker board? 1/2 your fan base is melting down and can’t stand Kkkirk. He’s definitely worn out his welcome and the lack of an OC after having months to hire one is wearing thin on the fan base.

You should go back and watch the press conference about BF’s firing and tell me Kkkirk and Beth have a great relationship and there is no toxicity.

Also congrats to hitting your standard every year. 8 wins against inferior opponents and blowouts by anyone in the top 25.
Iowa 0 top 25 teams 92 to be exact. Iowa blew their wad on the 3 point win in their Super Bowl against Nebraska and didn’t score in their next 2 games.

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
419535596_862189749249674_7741901433926517871_n.jpg

Still no OC for Iowa…?

Clock Tick GIF
Iowa is in the same boat Frost was in when he hired Whipple. Kirk is a lame duck and only a guy without a better offer will take that job cuz it’s likely a one year gig. Oh wait, they’re waiting on an OC still coaching in the NFL……. Yeah. That’s the ticket. We paid 2 million to Whipple to pad his retirement nest egg. Who can Iowa find in a similar situation?

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
We bust Capn Kirks balls a lot but to me he absolutely knows what he wants his teams identity to be. Control the ball and the clock. Play field position. Take advantage of other teams mistakes. Their defense and their offensive line is their bellcow. They don’t beat teams with superior talent, they can be upset by an inferior team, because Iowa doesn’t score a lot of points. They win 9-10 a year.
Iowa just lost their favorable scheduling

Iowa is in the same boat Frost was in when he hired Whipple. Kirk is a lame duck and only a guy without a better offer will take that job cuz it’s likely a one year gig. Oh wait, they’re waiting on an OC still coaching in the NFL……. Yeah. That’s the ticket. We paid 2 million to Whipple to pad his retirement nest egg. Who can Iowa find in a similar situation?

Who’s going to become available at this point? College or NFL? Harbaugh going to the NFL could start some dominoes I guess. But other than that who are they going to get this late in the game? Gonna end up promoting someone from within (somebody who was a part of their already historically terrible offense) and try to gaslight their fanbase. Should be entertaining…

Who knows who KF will hire. I am sure Paul C and KF talked. I imagine PC would not commit to more than one year because he still wants a head coaching job. I would guess KF wants a commitment for more than one year and PC said no.
Not surprising as he has a nice job right now with Texas. I expect KF to stay at Iowa for another 2-4 years. No one really seems to know what is going on. I just sit back and watch.
Funny to watch the Iowa board posters go at each other on what they think they know. Only info really said by KF is he would have someone hired by the 3rd week in January.

Who knows who KF will hire. I am sure Paul C and KF talked. I imagine PC would not commit to more than one year because he still wants a head coaching job. I would guess KF wants a commitment for more than one year and PC said no.
Not surprising as he has a nice job right now with Texas. I expect KF to stay at Iowa for another 2-4 years. No one really seems to know what is going on. I just sit back and watch.
Funny to watch the Iowa board posters go at each other on what they think they know. Only info really said by KF is he would have someone hired by the 3rd week in January.

Well today is January 19th. So I guess we should be expecting an announcement this weekend. We shall see…

SF was the one that was calling plays and real the OC, Trev told him to get offensive coordinator, so it‘s not totally the same..

Who’s going to become available at this point? College or NFL? Harbaugh going to the NFL could start some dominoes I guess. But other than that who are they going to get this late in the game? Gonna end up promoting someone from within (somebody who was a part of their already historically terrible offense) and try to gaslight their fanbase. Should be entertaining…
Drew Tate. Former Iowa QB who has never been an OC? Chuck Long could be gotten. Head coach in the UFL right now. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: V-Doub
Well today is January 19th. So I guess we should be expecting an announcement this weekend. We shall see…
I would not count on it. Maybe next week sometime but I have no idea and the first staff he hired in 1999 took months. Gives something in the off season for fans to bitch about.

Reactions: leodisflowers
The best OC in Iowa history is still around. Call Manhattan and see if Bill Snyder is interested. He and Kirk can tell Hayden Fry stories to warm Hawkeye hearts from Sioux City to Keokuk.

Last edited:
Tate and Long would say yes.
Haven’t Tate and Long both been openly and mildly critical of Ferentz at times? Pretty sure they have. Long was a Hayden Fry holdover who was actually on Ferentz’s first year staff before leaving for Oklahoma; he made comments contradicting the idea that Fry had left the cover bare (i.e., Ferentz’s excuse for going 1-10 that year). That kind of talk doesn’t sit well with the thin-skinned, grudge holding Captain Kurt; I doubt he’s hiring either one to replace his beloved son.

Yes, nothing says diversity quite like the state of nebraska! haha
There is a huge difference between being a state being diverse and coaches being sued/accused by former players of being racist.

KKKF needs his new boss to sign off and she’s playing hard to get.

The new AD is pushing for a female OC candidate, but says a LGBTQ would be ok. White male OC is way down the list so obviously KKKF is pissed.

iowa needs to focus on breaking glass ceilings with this hire. 1st transsexual offensive coordinator would make them the new ESPN darling. Gotta shoot for the sky fellas…

Drew Tate. Former Iowa QB who has never been an OC? Chuck Long could be gotten. Head coach in the UFL right now. 🤷‍♂️
I would be surprised if Chuck Long is seriously interested. He was a young coach with Captain Kirk many years ago in Iowa City. Bobby Stoops came after him and Chuck quickly left Ferentz to join Stoops in Norman. Then parlayed that into the head job at San Diego State. He has not been a fan of son Brian as OC in Iowa City either.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I would be surprised if Chuck Long is seriously interested. He was a young coach with Captain Kirk many years ago in Iowa City. Bobby Stoops came after him and Chuck quickly left Ferentz to join Stoops in Norman. Then parlayed that into the head job at San Diego State. He has not been a fan of son Brian as OC in Iowa City either.
I was just throwing crap at the wall.

Seriously what has Chucky done lately to deserve this opportunity?
Would luv to see this unfold, be a good laugh..

Chuck is a terrible coach in every aspect so yes, he would be a great hire for Iowa.

Nobody knows if Chryst turned the job down, it was reported he declined and interview.

Being interviewed is a long way away from turning down a job offer.

BTW Chryst wants to get back as a HC, I don't think Iowa was interested in hiring someone for a one and done type deal. I also think Chryst told Kirk he wasn't interested because he was looking for another HC job.

Iowa is all about STABILITY they want someone who won't jump ship in a year.
Have to keep that punter pipeline going.

Nobody knows if Chryst turned the job down, it was reported he declined and interview.

Being interviewed is a long way away from turning down a job offer.

BTW Chryst wants to get back as a HC, I don't think Iowa was interested in hiring someone for a one and done type deal. I also think Chryst told Kirk he wasn't interested because he was looking for another HC job.

Iowa is all about STABILITY they want someone who won't jump ship in a year.

Per Chad Leistikow of Hawk Central, former Wisconsin head coach and current Texas Longhorns analyst Paul Chryst turned down the offer to become the Hawkeyes’ next offensive coordinator.

toxic? ha. they won the B10 west with no offense. The 'Frost years', THOSE were toxic buddy.
Stop it Herky. i0wa is a shit team that gets curb stomped by anyone with a pulse. Hell we beat your ass with an interim, 1st time head coach and a guy who’s never been a D Coordinator before.

Stop it Herky. i0wa is a shit team that gets curb stomped by anyone with a pulse. Hell we beat your ass with an interim, 1st time head coach and a guy who’s never been a D Coordinator before.

I agree with you fúck them herky’s, but Bill Busch was a Co-DC at Northern Arizona, a DC at Utah St., and a Co-DC at Rutgers.

Reactions: HawksDown
Many fans were shocked O'Brien took the Buckeye gig. My question is why? The guy coached under Saban at Bama. He had a very bad second stint in New England, but that happens without Brady.

If you wanted to build your name back up, you would pick a situation with the most tools at your disposal. Iowa doesn't have a receiver, QB, or RB that would see the field in Columbus. Pretty good lineman though, especially with Proctor. But with Ferentz in town, I just don't see the juice being turned on in Iowa City.

A very unpopular opinion over on the Hawkeye board, but Ferentz isn't a Hall of famer to me. Zero solo conference titles, one NY6 Bowl win over Georgia Tech in '09. It's time for a change, no more west division crowns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT