ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa losing DC Parker?

Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

Elite programs will poach the best talent from middling programs, whether that's coaching talent or player talent. As evidenced from this post from 2020, I advocated we do this same thing in order to act like an elite program.
Parker's been there a long time, so I don't know if he'd be interested. But some of the best defenses are right here in the Big 10. Why not poach NW, Wisconsin, or Iowa's DC? Offer 1.5 million a year and see if they're interested.

Elite programs will poach the best talent from middling programs, whether that's coaching talent or player talent. As evidenced from this post from 2020, I advocated we do this same thing in order to act like an elite program.
You save your posts from 4 years ago? Somebody is in love with themselves. 😍

For the 100th time. The Iowa defense is not amazing, the teams they play have shit offenses.

So he goes to Bama that will have an up tempo pass happy offense and he will be going against teams that play fast, have QB's, have WR's and so on.

unless he just wants to pad his retirement...
I think he is a top DC , but the tempo of the offense is something to consider. His defense at Iowa never had to go right back on the field after a 3 pass and 30 seconds out. . I don’t believe he is leaving Iowa though.

For the 100th time. The Iowa defense is not amazing, the teams they play have shit offenses.

So he goes to Bama that will have an up tempo pass happy offense and he will be going against teams that play fast, have QB's, have WR's and so on.

unless he just wants to pad his retirement...
Be good to test that theory you have by him leaving for Bama..

Yeah who could forget holding the vaunted Volunteers to 35 points Michigan to 26 pts, Penn State 31 pts. Iowa's defense showed up for every team that wasn't ranked this year.

Bednarik, Thrope, Maxwell awards?

Surely they got the Groza award this year...

You save your posts from 4 years ago? Somebody is in love with themselves. 😍
I remember making that exact post and there's a search function that is easy enough to use. I get bitched at for not providing evidence and I also get bitched at if I do. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

I guess all of the opinions on here don't add up to much and DeBoer can hire whoever he wants and thinks is best for what he wants to do.

Yeah who could forget holding the vaunted Volunteers to 35 points Michigan to 26 pts, Penn State 31 pts. Iowa's defense showed up for every team that wasn't ranked this year.

Bednarik, Thrope, Maxwell awards?

Surely they got the Groza award this year...
Good Point

Reactions: Sinomatic
I guess all of the opinions on here don't add up to much and DeBoer can hire whoever he wants and thinks is best for what he wants to do.

Dude, you're literally describing the entire premise of all message boards. What a weird topic to decide to try to point that out on

Reactions: oldjar07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT