ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa losing DC Parker?

For the 100th time. The Iowa defense is not amazing, the teams they play have shit offenses.
This ^^^^^^^ iowa is the fake id of college football in every facet except special teams. They played one team in the top 50 for total offense, Tennessee. PSU was 53rd and Michigan was 67th. The bigten west was truly a division of midgets and it’s embarrassing that Nebraska couldn’t put a decent offense on the field and compete in such a crappy division.

For the 100th time. The Iowa defense is not amazing, the teams they play have shit offenses.

This ^^^^^^^ iowa is the fake id of college football in every facet except special teams. They played one team in the top 50 for total offense, Tennessee. PSU was 53rd and Michigan was 67th. The bigten west was truly a division of midgets and it’s embarrassing that Nebraska couldn’t put a decent offense on the field and compete in such a crappy division.

So, you saying our defense was overrated too? Can't have one without the other

I’m saying that a football team is a team and all three phases need to be there and iowa and Nebraska defenses both benefited from playing crappy offenses. The trash fan base of iowa thinks they are an average offense away from a conference title and I say BS. It’s similar to the false narrative iowa scum say about Big12 teams having no defense.

I’m saying that a football team is a team and all three phases need to be there and iowa and Nebraska defenses both benefited from playing crappy offenses. The trash fan base of iowa thinks they are an average offense away from a conference title and I say BS. It’s similar to the false narrative iowa scum say about Big12 teams having no defense.
I coached FB for like 20 years.

And I coached defense most of those years.

When we played teams with crappy offenses, I called games in a very different way because we knew we did not have to take chances, we knew the other team would not do much on offense.

It changes everything when the other team has a crappy offense.

Reactions: Landomatic
It is a fact.

He went against 3 good teams this year and they all ate.
Michigan only scored 26 points and Michigan scored 27 beating Bama..

I‘ll leave with this stat, so Ioway held them to their 2 lowest score during the season..

Last edited:
Yes.

NU played 2 "good" offenses all year. And got smoked.

Agree...just making sure we're all the same page here. I laugh when posters on here talk smack about _____________ when in reality, it really just means we're that much worse. Glass houses and stones and shit.

Overrated as far as ranking go? Probably.

Overrated as far as improvement and development? No. The improvement was real.
So did we not have a top 20 defense that had to prop up what was a historically bad offense just to pull out a few wins? Posters here want to bitch about me calling out a historically bad offense, but then ridicule what was a legitimate top 20 defense. This board has gotten as bad as Husker Max.

• Haha
Reactions: Landomatic
So did we not have a top 20 defense that had to prop up what was a historically bad offense just to pull out a few wins? Posters here want to bitch about me calling out a historically bad offense, but then ridicule what was a legitimate top 20 defense. This board has gotten as bad as Husker Max.
We played in the Big 10 West. Our stats were a little skewed.

Agree...just making sure we're all the same page here. I laugh when posters on here talk smack about _____________ when in reality, it really just means we're that much worse. Glass houses and stones and shit.
We’re on the same page, the majority of Nebraska fans post the reality of where Nebraska is currently while iowa fans post their delusional ideas of where they’d like to think their program is currently. That’s the problem I’ve always had with iowa scum. They truly believe the next season will be the season they repeat their historic 1958 season. RollingLaugh

Okay, feel free to shit on a vastly improved defense and also the guys who are currently on our roster who are above the 85 who you can't even name but you can shit on.
You're losing it. The pressure is getting to you. Read my first post where I said the D was vastly improved.

Are you now trying to say the Big 10 West isn't the worst offensive division in cfb?

What is your obsession with the 85 man scholarship limit? You are literally the only person in America who worries about it. It is irrelevant now. Creative people like Rhule don't have to worry about it any more.

We’re on the same page, the majority of Nebraska fans post the reality of where Nebraska is currently while iowa fans post their delusional ideas of where they’d like to think their program is currently. That’s the problem I’ve always had with iowa scum. They truly believe the next season will be the season they repeat their historic 1958 season. RollingLaugh
Majority of them knew their offense is a $&it show.. Presently their crossing their fingers that McNamara isn’t a china doll again next season and a step up in offensive play calling from another OC..

Good for them they’ve been rated near the bottom of the top 25 five of the last six years..

Then how do you explain Michigan scoring almost twice as many points against us?
We didn’t have the trenches that Iowa does. We also don’t have a QB that challenges the defense.

Harbaugh always wants to put up huge numbers on traditional blue bloods. Frost was a dipshit running his mouth and harbaugh crushed them. Even with a new HC in Rhule, don’t think Harbaugh in his first game back wasn’t going to show and reinforce Michigan is the standard bearer in the conference.

Majority of them knew their offense is a $&it show.. Presently their crossing their fingers that McNamara isn’t a china doll again next season and a step up in offensive play calling from another OC..

Good for them they’ve been rated near the bottom of the top 25 five of the last six years..
True, however, iowa is not nearly as close to a conference championship game win as their fans think. When it comes to Nebraska football I’ve never met a decent iowa fan, my dislike for them will not be swayed.

Reactions: Frozone
We didn’t have the trenches that Iowa does. We also don’t have a QB that challenges the defense.

Harbaugh always wants to put up huge numbers on traditional blue bloods. Frost was a dipshit running his mouth and harbaugh crushed them. Even with a new HC in Rhule, don’t think Harbaugh in his first game back wasn’t going to show and reinforce Michigan is the standard bearer in the conference.
Ha. Okay.

What juggernaut offenses did the vaunted Blackshirts go against last season… But the Blackshirts are back!

• Haha
Reactions: DelusionalHawkeye
You're losing it. The pressure is getting to you. Read my first post where I said the D was vastly improved.

Are you now trying to say the Big 10 West isn't the worst offensive division in cfb?

What is your obsession with the 85 man scholarship limit? You are literally the only person in America who worries about it. It is irrelevant now. Creative people like Rhule don't have to worry about it any more.
Well you're wrong, again. And if you think the Big 10 isn't the best defensive conference, you're also wrong. If the 85 limit isn't a problem, then fine, name names of who isn't a problem to be left off of it.

Well you're wrong, again. And if you think the Big 10 isn't the best defensive conference, you're also wrong. If the 85 limit isn't a problem, then fine, name names of who isn't a problem to be left off of it.
B1G also the worst offense conference statistically in the country this year..

Rhule knows he has to get down to 85 by this fall.. What’s you’re problem with how many they have now?

B1G also the worst offense conference statistically in the country this year..

Rhule knows he has to get down to 85 by this fall.. What’s you’re problem with how many they have now?
Never said I had a problem, but it's a relevant discussion point. Who are we taking off scholarship or getting rid of to get to 85?

Never said I had a problem, but it's a relevant discussion point. Who are we taking off scholarship or getting rid of to get to 85?
I don’t see where it’s relevant that you need to know since your not on the staff that makes those decisions..

Why does it matter? It will be some combination of former walk-on's, 5th or 6th year seniors, or portal additions.

lol, gosh yes. Our defense was laughable. Migh 3rd stringers scored at will. OSU would put 60 on us with a bad QB. Bad for them. Our defense looks like they run in sand. And they’re old. Wait until after next year when 7 or 8 starters leave with no depth. Ugly few years.

I don’t see where it’s relevant that you need to know since your not on the staff that makes those decisions..
I see it as very relevant. This is a Nebraska football discussion board, is it not? We talk about recruiting and on the field results, and no doubt, there's a lot of speculation involved with all of those things. We're interested in who will be on the team next year and who will be on the field, right? That's why we follow recruiting, isn't it?

If it's not discussion worthy that we can discuss who will be on the roster next year and their place, then consistently we must ban all recruiting discussion as it is not relevant. We'll just wait until the season starts at the end of August and might as well shut down the board until then. We won't know who the guys are that are playing, but we can just cheer on the guys wearing the red jerseys. Is this what you want? Because if your arguments are logically consistent, this is exactly what you are advocating for.

And yet they’re where we’re to get to. I don’t get it.

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

If Parker goes, I could actually see the Chokeyes being blown out in several games next year including DONU signaling the end of KF's tenure at Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT