ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa is the Homer Simpson of football

RedMyMind

Assistant Head Coach
Aug 22, 2017
Against average opponents, they wait until the other team gets tired/makes a mistake, as seen below.

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

Z6DgoSo.gif

When they got up against competent teams like those from the East, they succumb to much defeat, as seen below.

simpsons-fight.gif

62xBXqJ3qgLOqKYZxXZKDZVWEk8=.gif

Against average opponents, they wait until the other team gets tired/makes a mistake, as seen below.

Z6DgoSo.gif

When they got up against competent teams like those from the East, they succumb much defeat, as seen below.

simpsons-fight.gif

Iowa 22 Rutgers 0

You know who I was talking about.
More of the 31-0 variety.
That was a beatdown, but the only team that has dominated Iowa over the last 10 years is OSU and Iowa delivered a beatdown to them 6 or so years ago. Iowa has been competitive with everyone else including Michigan and PSU until the last 2 years when the offense completely fell apart under BF. Every conference looks pretty much the same. A couple of dominant teams and then everyone else.

That was a beatdown, but the only team that has dominated Iowa over the last 10 years is OSU and Iowa delivered a beatdown to them 6 or so years ago. Iowa has been competitive with everyone else including Michigan and PSU until the last 2 years when the offense completely fell apart under BF. Every conference looks pretty much the same. A couple of dominant teams and then everyone else.
who's talking 10, 6 or 2 years ago?
This is who Iowa is now. A drunk with an extra layer of fluid around the brain to take punches from scrubs.

who's talking 10, 6 or 2 years ago?
This is who Iowa is now. A drunk with an extra layer of fluid around the brain to take punches from scrubs.
Now? They're 9-2, ranked 17th in the country and playing in a championship game in another week. I hope that answers your question.

• Haha
Reactions: Landomatic
come on now, we all know they are the worst 9-2 team in the country. They played many scrubs.
Everybody plays scrubs and most everybody loses to scrubs. That’s how teams like Iowa get to 9-2. They beat most of the scrubs. I haven't looked, but I doubt they're the worst 9-2 although there aren't that many. What would a Nebraska fan give right now to have a 9-2 record right now having played basically the same schedule? Would they be apologizing? I kinda doubt it.

Everybody plays scrubs and most everybody loses to scrubs. That’s how teams like Iowa get to 9-2. They beat most of the scrubs. I haven't looked, but I doubt they're the worst 9-2 although there aren't that many. What would a Nebraska fan give right now to have a 9-2 record right now having played basically the same schedule? Would they be apologizing? I kinda doubt it.
I get it, you are butthurt because I made fun of your team. Even Iowa fans know their team is crap this year. The whole West is.

How many ranked teams has Iowa beaten this year? I don't think having a 9-2 record in a coach's 25th year against scrubs is anything amazing. Better than the rest of the West but that isn't saying much.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I get it, you are butthurt because I made fun of your team. Even Iowa fans know their team is crap this year. The whole West is.

How many ranked teams has Iowa beaten this year? I don't think having a 9-2 record in a coach's 25th year against scrubs is anything amazing. Better than the rest of the West but that isn't saying much.
Butthurt? Don't really care.

Iowa hasn't beaten any ranked teams this year. Their best wins are probably Rutgers and Iowa State. Not great wins, but those were the best teams Iowa's beaten. They've beaten everyone they should have beaten with the exception of Minnesota where they were kinda robbed by the officials.

Z6DgoSo.gif

When they got up against competent teams like those from the East, they succumb to much defeat, as seen below.

simpsons-fight.gif

Hell thats the majority of the big 10, similar to Ali’s rope a dope versus foreman

Reactions: RedMyMind
bowl victory? That is very presumptuous
Extremely presumptuous, they’re going to wish they went 7-5 or 8-4. A 2-3 loss iowa team will get a decent bowl and certainly be overmatched. Unless the other team has a ton of starters sit, iowa will lose.

BTW, if I haven’t mentioned it before, iowa fans are trash.

Minnesota should probably have 2 more losses. Nebraska scored at the end of 1st half and the Iowa call was crap too

It was the right call. It wasn't a valid fair catch, but when you move your hand in that manner, then it's a dead ball and can't be advanced.

Last edited:
I'd rather be the worst 9-2 team in the country than the best 3-9 team in college history.
I would rather enjoy our past Championships than pay homage to Iowa braggadocio of what could have been or should have been over the last 40 years if they just hadn't lost to... and... then... also... then again to... and of course... again and again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT